Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Idaho inmates: The beer made us do it

idaho beer inmates keith allen brown

  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,715 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostJinxdom, on 06 January 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

I drank alcohol before I was a kid and not in prison... oh wait because I use self-control to make sure I don't hurt anybody other then myself to avoid prison.(even though I like it, I drink very rarely now because it would have more of a chance to cause problems in my life, although when I have the time I do like myself a party)  If it became a problem, I would get help before I hurt somebody else. If they actually win this lawsuit I'd be quite sad with society today.

Seriously if you have no self-control and hurt other people just because you have no self-control you deserve to be in prison.
This is where my argument comes in that prison should not be used as a punishment, but as a protection for law abiding citizens.  Why don't we have the right to be protected from people who 'have no self control'?

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#17    joc

joc

    Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

  • Member
  • 12,696 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milky Way Galaxy 3rd planet

  • They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 07 January 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

This is where my argument comes in that prison should not be used as a punishment, but as a protection for law abiding citizens.  Why don't we have the right to be protected from people who 'have no self control'?
It's like I tell my daughter, If you don't control yourself, Someone else Will!  I have little use for prisons.
If you do something that seriously warrants being locked up for 15 years...you should hang instead.
Prisons should be for those who do have self control but don't make good choices.  Other than that...hang em.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#18    Astronaut

Astronaut

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Joined:22 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cardington,Ohio

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

There's a reason why the alcohol commercials say "Drink responsibly".

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

#19    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,715 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

View Postjoc, on 07 January 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

It's like I tell my daughter, If you don't control yourself, Someone else Will!  I have little use for prisons.
If you do something that seriously warrants being locked up for 15 years...you should hang instead.
Prisons should be for those who do have self control but don't make good choices.  Other than that...hang em.
Well, we really need a change in regards to criminals and their actions.  And it is a world-wide problem.  We have supposedly evolved above other animals, yet we do horrible things to each other-and they are supposed to be justified?  It boggles my mind.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#20    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Joined:06 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:East Coast

  • Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

View Postglorybebe, on 07 January 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

This is where my argument comes in that prison should not be used as a punishment, but as a protection for law abiding citizens.  Why don't we have the right to be protected from people who 'have no self control'?

You do. Some people just give up that right with misguided beliefs (cough anti-gun/love everybody people come to mind)
Then my argument comes in that prison is more then just punishment and protection but a tool to make people work better with society. The idea though is some people don't want to admit they have no self-control and now it's not nice to say something like that because it will hurt their feeling and they might dump a lawsuit on you. Can't kill the guys who keep hurting people because killing people is wrong. The majority of what people believe are so warped that any system that comes in to play right now doesn't work.

Don't kill criminals give them a hug and let them sue you for not making sure they take responsibility for their own actions.
Oh those guys were kids when they were drinking. Fine. Go to the source of the problem. File a lawsuit on your parents for millions of dollars for not keeping them on the straight and narrow.  See how silly it can get if your beliefs are warped.


#21    glorybebe

glorybebe

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,715 posts
  • Joined:24 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canada

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 07 January 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

You do. Some people just give up that right with misguided beliefs (cough anti-gun/love everybody people come to mind)
Then my argument comes in that prison is more then just punishment and protection but a tool to make people work better with society. The idea though is some people don't want to admit they have no self-control and now it's not nice to say something like that because it will hurt their feeling and they might dump a lawsuit on you. Can't kill the guys who keep hurting people because killing people is wrong. The majority of what people believe are so warped that any system that comes in to play right now doesn't work.

Don't kill criminals give them a hug and let them sue you for not making sure they take responsibility for their own actions.
Oh those guys were kids when they were drinking. Fine. Go to the source of the problem. File a lawsuit on your parents for millions of dollars for not keeping them on the straight and narrow.  See how silly it can get if your beliefs are warped.
That is the Human Rights activists who believe that and have pushed the laws to protect the criminals.  We need to protect the rest of society.  Maybe if I repeat that over and over more than you and I will start believing it, too and look at how society is screwing up the innocent.  A woman is raped and her sex life is put on trial.  A three year old was 'tempting' her grandfather into raping her.  A father is not found guilty of raping his daughter, but of showing her his love-after he tries to get a doctor to fit her with an IUD.  WTF!?  No wonder there are so many people who have no faith in the laws and the legal system!

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users