Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

My Lycanthrope Friend

werewolves lycanthrope lycanthropy

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#46    Bloodflower

Bloodflower

Poltergeist

• 2,475 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hey, I think the OP might be telling the truth and her friend isn't just pretending.

The thread is called "my lycanthrope friend". OP describes her friend's behaviour and he's got traits similar to those who suffer the illness lycanthropy. I'm sure this is what she means. People often confuse shapeshifting with lycanthropy.

Read about lycanthropy here.

"When a wolf doesn't want to do something, they look really cute!"
Michelle Paver

#47    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,439 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

View PostRogue Suga, on 06 August 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Hey, I think the OP might be telling the truth and her friend isn't just pretending.

The thread is called "my lycanthrope friend". OP describes her friend's behaviour and he's got traits similar to those who suffer the illness lycanthropy. I'm sure this is what she means. People often confuse shapeshifting with lycanthropy.

Read about lycanthropy here.

if you think a friend of yours suffers from an illness, do you take him to a doc or write about it on a forum dealing with the Paranormal?

#48    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Poltergeist

• 2,439 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

just look at the OP's username and profile pic......someone should be cut short on twilight doses.....

#49    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 23,867 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostUlricaWolf, on 06 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

I have a very strange friend, he has shown some questionable behavior which I feel is not really human...... I shall list them below:

Before I knew him very well:

> He seemed aggressive and broody
> He was always aggressive to new students, never welcoming
> He wouldn't let anybody enter his personal space, except for a select few
> Those 'select few' was his group of friends, which never changed, never gained or lost any members and had all the same characteristics, aggressive broody, looks that could kill

Then I got to know him:
I had always been intrigued by him, drawn towards him, he seemed very interesting. And I managed to make friends with him, I have now been friends with him for 6 years.

> I've noticed that he has very sharp nails and teeth, he likes to use them when play fighting with his friends
> I happen to know that his favorite place is somewhere called 'Churchhill park' It has a nice big forest and lots of big green spaces
> He's taken me there before, and to my great surprise, he howled in front of me and encouraged me to join in, which I did. I didn't know howling could be so much fun ;)
> He has grown rather possessive of me (which I don't really mind x) ) I remember once I was being picked on by a boy that I am mortal enemies with, and he showed up. All he did was give one of those 'I'm gonna rip your face off' looks and the boy cleared off.
> One more thing, I have heard him growl on several occasions, usually at his mates

What do you make of this behavior?
These are not the symptoms of Lycanthropy (The mental illness). These are symptoms of a moody teen age boy.

A person with lycanthropy behaves, and actually believes, as if they can change (under a full moon or not...) from one form into another, even though they don't actually physically change. Someone does not have lycanthropy if they like to growl and scratch... not unless they say they are a wolf or creature when doing so. None of which did this guys friend do. Thus... he does not have the mental condition lycanthropy, and he is obviously not a shapechanger.

The one thing this guy may have is 1% more neanderthal then everyone else.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#50    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

• " silver bullets ain't cheap"
    www.realwerewolfhunters.com

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:37 AM

I am not going to weigh in much on the " werewolf"  the O.P is speaking on  but I do want to know if there is a source foe those solid silver bullets ?  I have a buddy who fills hollowpoints  with silver for me but some solid silver would be sweet .  NOTE: I do not think silver is needed to kill a werewolf ..my personal opinion is the " human " werewolves 1. have mental issues or 2. Are Possessed by some form of entity . I hunt  Loup Garou -  Which I suspect is one and the same as a skunk ape. I would NEVER just kill one if I ever find him but on the other hand I am armed to the teeth cause its a freaking werewolf ....so If i ever DID have to shoot at one to defend our team why take chances.....

#51    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,563 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:41 AM

Given that post, if I did know where to get you some silver bullets, the idea of you owning guns terrifies me in a very deep place

When you know what a man loves, you know what can kill him

#52    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:11 AM

lmao

#53    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

That WAS a LITTLE bit   tongue in cheek....but ONLY a little

#54    Lopex

Lopex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• Fear is the greatest barrier to human growth.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:04 AM

If I would have acted like that as a teenager I would've gotten my ass kicked many times ha.

#55    Papagiorgio

Papagiorgio

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

• I'm just saying.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 11 January 2013 - 07:26 AM, said:

I just wanted to say,I have real silver bullets in .357,.40 and .45  also in 7.62x39 with some in .30 cal and.3030.They were giving to me by a guy that really believed in werewolfs.If werewolves were real ,do you think they would work.Im talking pure silver and not silver plated,this guy is dead now and was a wierd friend but a great person.
Silver is a terrible metal to make bullets out of. It's too hard. A bullet needs to be softer so that when it is fired it expands in the barrel and the rifling can put a spin on it to aid it's accuracy. Silver won't expand like that, and it's too hard for the rifling to effect it.  You would be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn much less a supernaturally quick and agile creature.

I'm just saying.

#56    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostPapagiorgio, on 17 August 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Silver is a terrible metal to make bullets out of. It's too hard. A bullet needs to be softer so that when it is fired it expands in the barrel and the rifling can put a spin on it to aid it's accuracy. Silver won't expand like that, and it's too hard for the rifling to effect it.  You would be lucky to hit the broad side of a barn much less a supernaturally quick and agile creature.
I never said I was going to use them,More like sentimental value, The friend that gave them to me was kinda weird but a good guy,Nothing to fear from him,He had a heart of Gold, But before he died he gave me the bullits and Im going to keep them for a long time and maybe pass them down to my son,Ive shot a few of them and they shoot very straight and are dead on,you see,Im a Gunsmith and have made bullits before and continue to do so,Silver will expand and to think it wont is wrong, Bullits don't allways expand but will run down the barrel and wont hurt the rifling one bit,the only thing they do is cost you money everytime they are shot. But please don't tell people they wont shoot cause that is ubsured,Im not trying to sound mean or unfriendly but stick to something you know and not something you guess or assume,
Anyway,I still would not shoot anymore because of the cost and not the myth of shooting a werewolf or anyone for that fact,unless your a terrorist or some threat to my families or friends lives, but that is Highly Unlikley.

#57    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostThe Unseen, on 24 August 2013 - 12:15 AM, said:

I never said I was going to use them,More like sentimental value, The friend that gave them to me was kinda weird but a good guy,Nothing to fear from him,He had a heart of Gold, But before he died he gave me the bullits and Im going to keep them for a long time and maybe pass them down to my son,Ive shot a few of them and they shoot very straight and are dead on,you see,Im a Gunsmith and have made bullits before and continue to do so,Silver will expand and to think it wont is wrong, Bullits don't allways expand but will run down the barrel and wont hurt the rifling one bit,the only thing they do is cost you money everytime they are shot. But please don't tell people they wont shoot cause that is ubsured,Im not trying to sound mean or unfriendly but stick to something you know and not something you guess or assume,
Anyway,I still would not shoot anymore because of the cost and not the myth of shooting a werewolf or anyone for that fact,unless your a terrorist or some threat to my families or friends lives, but that is Highly Unlikley.

Pic of bullets?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#58    BlueBomber

BlueBomber

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:13 PM

Why the hell do people have to be so freakin' weird?

The idea of Werewolves is awesome. The idea of Werewolves being real is beyond silly.

A skeptical believer.

#59    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 2,208 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostSakari, on 24 August 2013 - 04:06 AM, said:

Pic of bullets?
You're spelling it wrong. The gunsmith said 'bullits'.
Sounds more like 'bullish!t' to me. (The thought came to mind and I had to type it!)

No offence - but as a gunsmith I'm sure you should know how to spell the word 'bullet' correctly?? Photos would be great please. In all the calibres you listed next to a ruler if possible?

Posted Image

#60    Dougward5

Dougward5

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

Not as hard to come by as I expected.....silver bullets  are  a little expensive but not insanely overpriced .  http://www.coonaninc...silver-bullets/

Also tagged with werewolves, lycanthrope, lycanthropy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users