Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Curiosity rover finds ‘flower’ on mars

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 08 January 2013 - 10:49 PM, said:

Indeed it can, from Wiki

I figure the same, we could try to vaporise it, but as I said, if it is a new substance, and it is volatile, we might see a quick end to the mission LOL.

Well, at least it will be more interesting than the nothingness that come out of this mission. Wouldn't it be better to spend the money to try and build a base on the Moon? :)

#47    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,286 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 09 January 2013 - 12:31 AM, said:

Well, at least it will be more interesting than the nothingness that come out of this mission. Wouldn't it be better to spend the money to try and build a base on the Moon? :)

A moon base would be awesome, but not some small Igloo or something, a full space station where Rockets are assembled and launched to decrease the need for gravity and use the fuel more efficiently. It needs to be done right. In the meantime, I'd personally like to see a decent probe go to Europa and see if those Oceans really are there and if anything is in them.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#48    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Me too Im all for a trip to Europa ! All these worlds are yours,but ! HEy what the Heck ! Take-em-all ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#49    uprize

uprize

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

It looks like some sort of crystal rock to me. It also looks like plastic.

#50    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,305 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostChrlzs, on 06 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

You will now give examples..

Before doing so, I strongly suggest you do a little more research (especially into the reasons for those 'data blanks'), or this isn't going to go well for you...

And much time then passed...  Zeta Reticulum, as you have been back to this forum many many times (indeed, only a few hours ago) since my request of a week ago but have not returned to this thread to give the examples, what should we assume?  Let's remember that you claimed, about the NASA Curiosity imagery:

Not all are released.... and some that are released... have weird black data blanks..

Obviously, if anyone makes such claims, they should simply point to the images in question to allow proper analysis.

Now, there are several possible reasons why ZR may not have not replied:
1. ZR has forgotten about this thread (I'll PM ZR if no reply..)
2. NASA (or MIB/whatever) 'got to' ZR.
3. ZR was posting as a seagull/troll.
4. ZR hasn't yet finished researching this, but will be back Real Soon Now.
5. ZR did the research and realised the truth and would now rather that the posts be forgotten..
6. ZR knew the truth when posting and wished to deceive.

Now I must eliminate 3 and 6, as those are against forum rules and/or morals. :D
If it's 1, then ZR will no doubt be back after a few days, once I've pm'ed..
If it's 2, then not much can be done until .. disclosure!!
So that really only leaves 4 and 5 (unless I've not thought of something obvious).  Personally, I can't wait to find out which.  ZR, are you listening?

BTW, if this was me and I had evidence of tomfoolery, I would obviously post it - confident in my knowledge of the topic.. ..  ..   ....

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#51    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,101 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Update!!

http://news.yahoo.co...-222826743.html

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#52    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

• Thought of the day

'Never slam dance while priming plastic explosives'

D.R Dodds

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

Oh look... its a dilithium crystal....

sorry.. couldnt resist

#53    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,305 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

Just FTR, Zeta Reticulum has elected to ignore my requests on this thread to backup his claims, and also ignored a polite PM sent to him (he read it about 5 days ago..).

He has posted elsewhere, so clearly the claims he made on these threads are not worth any more of his time.  I'd suggest future claims by him on similar topics be given the same worth by others reading them...

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#54    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,484 posts

• Thought of the day

'Never slam dance while priming plastic explosives'

D.R Dodds

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

Of course he wont Chrlzs..

it will be something like 'you are to blind to see that its all a cover up so there is no point wasting my time in trying to show you different' ..

you know the type.. its all a conspiracy .. but unable to back up their claims..

kinda like the whole AA crowd :D

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,271 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 06 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Mars is a wasteland... probably created by some type of nuclear holocaust. NASA will try to hide all the planks of wood, plastics etc that the rover photographs... to keep us all from absolute panic. Do you think they have sent that rover up there to study clay ??? ....... They are studying the former civilization... or whats left of it...... and pretending to us that ......once again.,.. we are the SOLE occupants of this universe.
They have not said we are the sole occupants of Universe.
As for the other bit of your post......my sip of percolated coffee laced with a small amount of chicory has just flown out of my mouth and across my screen. LMFAO

#56    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,305 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

View PostDingoLingo, on 23 January 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

Of course he wont Chrlzs..
it will be something like 'you are to blind to see that its all a cover up so there is no point wasting my time in trying to show you different' ..

you know the type.. its all a conspiracy .. but unable to back up their claims..
kinda like the whole AA crowd :D
You mean *all* Alcoholics Anonymous are like that?  Dang, I was thinkin' of joining.

:P

#57    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,743 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

PLEEEASE stop posting crap like this!!!

I can't believe the BS that gets posted about Mars pics!

They are always SOOOO awful.

If you actually TRIED, you could find rocks that really DO look like something.... Instead, lazy people point at the first lump they see and say, 'Oh look, it's a XXX!'...
Ugh!

All that is is a quartzy part of the rock!

#58    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,305 posts

when it IS worthless...

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostPaxus, on 25 January 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

All that is is a quartzy part of the rock!
At last, a geologist who knows the all da techinical terms!!

(Sorry Paxus, but there isn't much left to do except crack weak jokes..)

But I will add - dear readers, please bear in mind that the entire image covers .. wait for it .. less than a single inch in each direction.  This thing is TINY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users