Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

"Bad Request"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Non gender specific

• 25,619 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Wasn't that by Lady Gaga, you say? No, this is an error that seems to pop up now & again. Sometimes if you try to click on something, or post something, this will come up:

400 Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand:

(none)mqtids=%2C (port 80)

Please forward this error screen to nebula.unexplained-mysteries.com's %20400%20Bad%20Request%20for%20(none)mqtids=%2C%20port%2080%20on%20Sunday,%2006-Jan-2013%2014:59:53%20CST"] WebMaster.

I don't know whether it's something at my end, or whether it's the server, but it can be annoying if you've just typed out something lengthy, and then that comes up so you have to do it all again.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,583 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

I've never had that problem with firefox.  This is just a guess but could you need to update your browser.

#3    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,050 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

I've just switched to Firefox in the last week, it's been a good move as far as these issues go.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,188 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:45 PM

A "bad request" error means that your browser is sending something to the server that the server doesn't like.

If you've written a post that won't submit because you receive this error then take a copy of your post's content and send it along in an e-mail and I can look to see what specifically in the post is being rejected by the server.

If you receive the error from just accessing a page then make sure your browser is up to date and that you aren't running any plug-ins that might be interfering with things or modifying your browser's headers in a way that the server is objecting to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users