Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is there more to John 19:26, 19:27 and 19:30?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61    Ciss

Ciss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 12 January 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

Hi Bluefinger,

Please keep in mind that I'm not discounting your position, and as a Christian, I believe Jesus fulfilled Daniel 9:24 ESV, but I think this particular situation is of an intimate nature. It's more like talking to himself, like a closing soliloquy. On the hand, this is just my take on this.

Peace.

Paul

I just keep coming back to this thread over and over again because every time I do I find something else wonderful that has a part of me going "TA DA! can you see and hear it now!"

It's had me looking again to all the things said on that cross and contemplating each one by one...he said "I thirst"  which brings back all that was said about being thirsty, "come unto me"...who is "me" that is in you and them, even the animals know this "me"

It does say that no more will you teach everyone your brothers, sisters and neighbors saying "know the Lord! know the Lord!" because the least to the greatest shall know the Lord, a name that can never be cut off...the foundation that we all build upon...

I believe you have left us some great things to think on Paul...how could a witness standing by the cross know the mind and thoughts of the Lord enough so to write it down into a book... BEAUTIFUL! Absolutely beautiful and wondrous

In the old testament, the Jews did not evangelize, they were not told to go out and preach or teach anything, in fact they agreed to do exactly the opposite, "this book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth"  then we have Jesus that said "man shall not live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God"...
Jesus told them to preach the gospel (good news) but he did all things lawfully, if you can't let the law depart out  your mouth (teach it unto another), but it says eat/read it then meditate on it day and night, what can you do then, the way we live will be what teaches, the example... If I say anything to another, let it be good news not just to the one speaking it, but to the hearer hearing it...I would rather edify than prophesy in season and out of season...When I feel unsure of myself in this of rather I can speak something that will lift and help build another up, I simply remember "Do unto to others, etc....

#62    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Hi Ciss,

Thank you for the kind words and heartfelt comments. I'm very happy that you have experienced that "Ta Da!" moment. The interesting thing about this is it's writing itself. Somehow, it needs to be told. All I know is that this has changed my life. In fact, my last "edited post" came to me because I was at a loss about what to say to Jor-el, for I am not a Bible scholar...and then, I saw this (I must have missed reading this, or perhaps it was added later):

["The answer is given at the very beginning of the text as a heading, which is not part of the original text, but was added by the translators to summarize the text in question... Jesus Accused by His Family and by Teachers of the Law "]

"The Holy Spirit is not contradicting Scripture; however, who wrote those Scriptures down, the ones you presented to me?"

Have a wonderful weekend, Ciss. I'm off to the beach!

Paul

#63    Jor-el

Jor-el

Knight of the Most High God

• 8,026 posts

• We are the sum of all that is, and has been. We will be the sum of our choices.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

View Postbraveone2u, on 12 January 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

The Holy Spirit is not contradicting Scripture; however, who wrote those Scriptures down, the ones you presented to me?

["The answer is given at the very beginning of the text as a heading, which is not part of the original text, but was added by the translators to summarize the text in question... Jesus Accused by His Family and by Teachers of the Law "]

No, that is not part of the original text, but I did put it there as well so that you can see that the interpretation is not limited to my opinion alone.

View Postbraveone2u, on 12 January 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

Again, I take my theory, the one that I received which has changed my life completely...before your findings.

And that is perfectly allright, God spoke to you through scripture, it changed your life and that is what scripture is really about. It gave you an insight that became pivotal to your renewed faith in God.

That has happened to me as well many times, those insights too became stepping stones that made me view the word of God as something more than simple writing in a dusty book. But even so, I have found over the years that what I started out with changed over time as I added more information to that experience. So much so that what I statarted out with is a mere shadow of what I see now.

So don't let the Voila Feeling be an assumption that you have the ultimate view on a specific scripture, in time that view will change as you learn more. Think of it as the 1st door that has opened, but the corridor still has many other doors for you to walk through, and each of those will change you, your experience, and perspective.

God Bless.

Posted Image

"Man is not the centre. God does not exist for the sake of man. Man does not exist for his own sake."

-C. S. Lewis

#64    Ehrman Pagels 1

Ehrman Pagels 1

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Thank you for the heads-up, Jor-el. I do listen to you.

Your brother in Christ,

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users