Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Guns Do Not Kill People

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#1    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,332 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Thank you for nailing it once again, Julie.  It's good to see a thoughtful citizen offering suggestions that can actually prevent the next Sandy Hook and Columbine by putting the responsibility where it belongs and understanding why these tragedies occur.

Sandy Hook isn't the fault of legal gun owners.   It's the fault of the murderer.  Period.   And as with any crime, understanding the mindset and the motives of the murderer criminal will help us prevent the next tragedy.   But knowing this isn't a reason for people to get their politically motivated legislation passed that's irrelevant to preventing the crime anymore than it's a reason to popularize another unpopular madman.   My fellow Americans, stop giving madmen what they want.   Stop infringing on the rights of the upright and the innocent to fight back.

Edited by Yamato, 08 January 2013 - 01:08 AM.

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,861 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

If I thought doing what you claim might do some good, I'd support it. But I have serious doubts.

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,332 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

View PostLady Kasey, on 08 January 2013 - 01:10 AM, said:

If I thought doing what you claim might do some good, I'd support it. But I have serious doubts.
?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#4    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:03 AM

Posted Image

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#5    docyabut2

docyabut2

Poltergeist

• 3,116 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

No guns do not kill people its the people behind the guns that kill people, I`d say open up the mental hospitals again  where when someone feels someone not seriously talking or acting right can just call and have them commited on the spot, not just doctors giving people drugs and hope that sloves the problem.I think the Sandy hook`s mother was trying to have her son commited but was having a hard time of it.

Edited by docyabut2, 08 January 2013 - 02:33 AM.

#6    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,332 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 08 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

No guns do not kill people its the people behind the guns that kill people, I`d say open up the mental hospitals again  where when someone feels someone not seriously talking or acting right can just call and have them commited on the spot, not just doctors giving people drugs and hope that sloves the problem.I think the Sandy hook`s mother was trying to have her son commited but was having a hard time of it.
And this is the where the debate belongs, not over irrelevant arguments legislating around the gun with even more resource-wasting line-drawing and hoop-jumping for lawful citizens to pay for.

Doctors are the experts here, not police.   It's not the job of law enforcement to replace the psychologist.   A doctor already has the professional duty to have someone committed if they feel they are a threat to society or themselves.  

Whatever reasons made that mother have a hard time of it, Washington DC initiatives to close mental health resources down, while blabbering about our guns instead, got it wrong on both fronts, as usual.

#7    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:46 AM

I'm gonna sound like a serious hippie, but the only way I can see all this turning around is for people to have more love in there hearts for one another. All these crimes start by having apathetical feelings toward people. Then you add anger for all the pain you go through due to others having apathy toward you. Anger and apathy is the definition of hate. All this won't happen if we don't start caring about each other first of all, and then teach kids to love one another. It's an impossibility I know, but it's still true.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#8    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,344 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:03 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 08 January 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

I'm gonna sound like a serious hippie, but the only way I can see all this turning around is for people to have more love in there hearts for one another. All these crimes start by having apathetical feelings toward people. Then you add anger for all the pain you go through due to others having apathy toward you. Anger and apathy is the definition of hate. All this won't happen if we don't start caring about each other first of all, and then teach kids to love one another. It's an impossibility I know, but it's still true.

If the drug companies stopped giving SSRI's out like it's candy than perhaps these wacked out zombies will show some apathy.  Ever wonder why these mass shootings didn't happen over 30 years ago?  There is definitely a connection.  This cannot be denied any longer.

Edited by acidhead, 08 January 2013 - 04:04 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,673 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:11 AM

View PostYamato, on 08 January 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Thank you for nailing it once again, Julie.

I like Her. I don't always agree with her, but she makes a good video.

View PostYamato, on 08 January 2013 - 03:29 AM, said:

And this is the where the debate belongs, not over irrelevant arguments legislating around the gun with even more resource-wasting line-drawing and hoop-jumping for lawful citizens to pay for.
But, it is so much more knee-jerk to treat a symptom then to treat the actual injury/problem. Plus, if if we were to confront the actual issue, it would require a lot of digging in the Mud of Society as to why so many people are Have-Nots and why they are Kept there. And why violence and crime happen, and sometimes involve guns.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,864 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

View PostYamato, on 08 January 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

Thank you for nailing it once again, Julie.
Reason 1 why they are loners is the school system.  This is what happens when you care more about being PC by not telling the student they are wrong.  School is for instruction which also includes correction.  They don’t build self confidence by not failing.  And by not failing, they cannot excel in individual achievement.

Edited by RavenHawk, 08 January 2013 - 05:01 AM.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#11    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,864 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 08 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

We should be careful here.  If we start committing everyone that doesn’t act right, we would all be institutionalized.

"I don't see one link on this thread providing one shred of evidence for the disgusting jew-hate BS you Zionist liars keep accusing me of." - Yamato

#12    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 2,864 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 08 January 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

Reason 2 why they are loners is the government system.  This is turning into a nanny state and when you are nannyied, you are spoiled because you feel entitled.  And that creates a lack of caring and instills Ignorance and Apathy.

Many years ago in sunday school we learned the JOY acronym.  You are taught that to be truly happy in life, you must first love (J)esus, then love (O)thers, then (Y)ourself.  But I think this is backwards because if you do not love (self interested) yourself first then how can you love others and if you do not love others, then how can you love Jesus?  Jesus says to love one another as yourself.  It doesn’t say to deny yourself for others.  This is what the collective tells you – to deny yourself for the good of the whole.  Without nourishing the individual, let alone put it first, we lose direction and balance.

#13    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,332 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostRavenHawk, on 08 January 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

Reason 1 why they are loners is the school system.  This is what happens when you care more about being PC by not telling the student they are wrong.  School is for instruction which also includes correction.  They don’t build self confidence by not failing.  And by not failing, they cannot excel in individual achievement.
A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.

#14    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,311 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I'm hoping this is relevant to the topic at hand:
http://www.naturalne...Adam_Lanza.html

Posted Image

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,587 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I'd say it's very relevant Gummug.       One factor that never gets mentioned is that we are taught from our youth that violence and killing are perfectly acceptable... for the "right" reasons.
  I think that attitude makes it a smaller step to kill for the wrong reasons.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users