Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Guns Do Not Kill People

• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#106    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 15 January 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Again, I'm glad for you that you still live in a fantasy world – as long as it works for you, that's all that matters.  For me, it is not the gun totting rednecks that I fear.  *ALL* governments eventually come knocking.  It's just a matter of time.  We have a document that talks about that.  A portion says: "and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."  The question becomes "how much becomes too much"?  Why do we suffer so before taking action?

America is the best nation to be born in and I don't trust my fellow citizens.  I think when my generation is gone, no one will know or remember what Liberty and Freedom are.  Then Switzerland may end up being the best country to be born in??  Not needing guns is like walking across the street without looking.  You're safe until you're hit.

Best country to be born in... but have a gun and ammo because the government is on the brink of becoming tyrannical... somethings not adding up.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#107    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

Read here whole post and put it into context. Shes talking about what this country was not is !!

Edited by AsteroidX, 15 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#108    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

Read here whole post and put it into context. Shes talking about what this country was not is !!

Yes but she said it 'is', not 'was' the best country to be born in

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#109    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,975 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 14 January 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Self protection? I've never needed a gun and I live in a suburb where all the wogs are angry and get guns on the black market.
sorry, but millions of ppl that LIVE in usa and have used guns to defend themselves disagrre with you, some are just ltao.keep in mind we aren't talking what YOU need, or think YOU need in YOUR country.another thing we can't pretend that it would work. politicians do, see how good it works out

RESIDENT TROLL.

#110    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Yes but she said it 'is', not 'was' the best country to be born in

Indeed she did but the rest of her post is an exerp from the Declaration of Independence and references the future of this country. I think it was a typo personally.

#111    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 15 January 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

I don't live in fear. I don't live in a country full of gun toting rednecks. No, the government will NOT come knocking down my door, and I'm not afraid of my fellow Australian so much so I need to cower behind a huge gun collection! There is a reason Australia is the 2nd best country in the world to be born in (behind Switzerland) and I'm damn proud that we don't all need guns to feel safe.
Switzerland?  Well your list defies your point.   Switzerland, the country with 420,000 fully auto assault rifles in civilian hands.   All those scary looking guns in their hands and they're the best country in the world.   I don't live in fear either, it doesn't mean I'm naive of world history and what happens to every government through time.   If the US had 16,000,000 per-capita full auto rifles in civilian hands like Switzerland and actually followed the vision the founders had for us from the beginning, maybe we'd be a lot higher in the list.   We certainly wouldn't be sucking our wealth away in foreign adventures in the sandbox bilking our cowards and taxpayers dry.   We'd be safer without a standing army; without brain-dead bureaucrats who don't know when to say when, building enough nuclear missiles to blow the world up 10x over again.  Yeah let's just bend over and surrender to our intelligent masters.  Because we're not afraid of that, how smart.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#112    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Some of the conversation favoring gun control has evolved to now worrying about the weather and the wild animals outside our homes.   That's how "throw-more-crap-on-the-wall" the gun controllers' argument has become.  

I think that one good definition of the word intelligence is our capacity to live together in harmony in our environments, and by that standard, humans are the dumbest animals among us.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#113    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

I don't live my life in fear either, I don't see the point.. I never sit and worry if someone will break in with a gun to kill us..We don't have guns...I get on with my every day life and take each day as it comes..  Fantasy world my foot..  You should consider that we all here are not living in fear... There are millions of your fellow American don't spend their days living in fear either..  What kind of life is that to lead?   You just get on with it and carry on like everyone else..

If I were living in some mad war zone, then yea sure, I would have fear..  Thankfully I don't and neither do you..  Otherwise you'd be clutching your bible and parking your weapons near by every day...Now that IS living in fear..
In this situation, there are two ways to live.  You can live in fear or live in ignorance.  Fear is not a bad thing.  Fear is like stress, having a good healthy amount keeps you alive.  It is something very basic to all humans.  We all have it.  Recall the movie “2001”?  Early Man coward in fear in his cave, but then he learned how to use tools and weapons.  He still had fear but with weapon in hand, he could defend from those dangers that caused him to cower in the first place.  People are not all equal (most are weaker) but remember the advertising slogan that GOD created man but Colt made them equal?

Now if you live in Ignorance, it’s more like the movie “Time Machine”.  The better version is the 1960 one with Rod Taylor.  The Eloi lived in total bliss and were kept like cattle by the Morlocks.  How much of our culture today are like the Eloi?  Just because you do not comprehend your fear does not mean it doesn’t exist.  You can ignore it or you can deal with it.  The Eloi ignored theirs.  If you don’t confront your fear on a daily basis, then you really aren’t living.  There is no utopia free from worry.  And you should be wary of the person or persons or even culture that claims it does exist.

Now I don’t need to clutch my Bible but I would love to have my guns nearby and not need them than not to have them and need them.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#114    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

I think how much is too much is written just following that statement Ravenhaewk in the 30 points they laid out. How many of those can we check off today ? Are there other tyrranical behaviors being imposed on us ? How  much suffering should we endure.
I was looking at that a while back and thought, “who says the Constitution is outdated?”

In my mind we have crossed that threshold.
You may be right but if you look at the people of Europe, they are ok with it.  Now, less so with those newly freed from under Communism.  But those that were under Nazism have already forgotten.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#115    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Let's stop this blind trust in each other to do what's best in the collective interest.  Let's trust instead, that we will do what's in our own self interest.

#116    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,975 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

we always have been like that it isn't recent development, there is a reason why we say dog is man's best friend, not another man.
unfortunatly i seriuosly doubt we are as good to dogs as they are to us

RESIDENT TROLL.

#117    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 15 January 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

In this situation, there are two ways to live.  You can live in fear or live in ignorance.  Fear is not a bad thing.  Fear is like stress, having a good healthy amount keeps you alive.  It is something very basic to all humans.  We all have it.  Recall the movie "2001"?  Early Man coward in fear in his cave, but then he learned how to use tools and weapons.  He still had fear but with weapon in hand, he could defend from those dangers that caused him to cower in the first place.  People are not all equal (most are weaker) but remember the advertising slogan that GOD created man but Colt made them equal?

Now if you live in Ignorance, it's more like the movie "Time Machine".  The better version is the 1960 one with Rod Taylor.  The Eloi lived in total bliss and were kept like cattle by the Morlocks.  How much of our culture today are like the Eloi?  Just because you do not comprehend your fear does not mean it doesn't exist.  You can ignore it or you can deal with it.  The Eloi ignored theirs.  If you don't confront your fear on a daily basis, then you really aren't living.  There is no utopia free from worry.  And you should be wary of the person or persons or even culture that claims it does exist.

Now I don't need to clutch my Bible but I would love to have my guns nearby and not need them than not to have them and need them.

Being a parent, I do worry about my kids, I don't know many parents that don't  ( Although there are some that are questionable ) ..  But what I meant was living in absolute fear, to the point were I was stressed every day with it.. I could not go through my life like that   To explain more on what I mean - I would hate to live in a society that had a lot of killings non stop..  Where everyone and anyone was armed with deadly weapons, and it all went to hell..That would be a living nightmare, and anyone would live in great fear if that were the case...

If you grew up over here were I come from, and you were not surrounded by guns..You lived your life with no gun in sight..It would be a completely different world for you as it is for me and millions like me   ..Yes you would still have your worries of kids etc  ( that's normal ) but you wouldn't be wanting to pack yourself to the hilt with any deadly weapon, you wouldn't need to..   I am not in any way saying we don't have crimes, of course we do, but crimes like drive by shootings, mass shooting and serial killers on the loose, is something we would rarely ever face ...   I don't fear dying, but I do and will always worry about my children

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 January 2013 - 08:32 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#118    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 January 2013 - 04:49 PM, said:

sorry, but millions of ppl that LIVE in usa and have used guns to defend themselves disagrre with you, some are just ltao.keep in mind we aren't talking what YOU need, or think YOU need in YOUR country.another thing we can't pretend that it would work. politicians do, see how good it works out
....what?

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Switzerland?  Well your list defies your point.   Switzerland, the country with 420,000 fully auto assault rifles in civilian hands.   All those scary looking guns in their hands and they're the best country in the world.   I don't live in fear either, it doesn't mean I'm naive of world history and what happens to every government through time.   If the US had 16,000,000 per-capita full auto rifles in civilian hands like Switzerland and actually followed the vision the founders had for us from the beginning, maybe we'd be a lot higher in the list.   We certainly wouldn't be sucking our wealth away in foreign adventures in the sandbox bilking our cowards and taxpayers dry.   We'd be safer without a standing army; without brain-dead bureaucrats who don't know when to say when, building enough nuclear missiles to blow the world up 10x over again.  Yeah let's just bend over and surrender to our intelligent masters.  Because we're not afraid of that, how smart.

So because Switzerland has guns.. and you have guns.. make what irrelevant?
Most swiss men have milita training in weapons. and you cannot just go to a hunting shop and pick up a few guns oh, and you need a permit, if you want to carry a gun on yourself you need to prove that you know about gun laws and how to properly use said gun.. Also every gun is marked and registered. THAT is what America needs but the gun toting fools keep yelling about freedom and thems evil government commin to take our guns

No, having more guns wouldn't push you up higher on the list.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#119    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,335 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 15 January 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

....what?

So because Switzerland has guns.. and you have guns.. make what irrelevant?
Most swiss men have milita training in weapons. and you cannot just go to a hunting shop and pick up a few guns oh, and you need a permit, if you want to carry a gun on yourself you need to prove that you know about gun laws and how to properly use said gun.. Also every gun is marked and registered. THAT is what America needs but the gun toting fools keep yelling about freedom and thems evil government commin to take our guns

No, having more guns wouldn't push you up higher on the list.
What do you think a ban on guns is?  That's coming for our guns.  

So the spin comes back around to training again.  We have militias in this country too, and those Americans have some of the biggest baddest guns in this country.  They're also the first ones who are going to lose their weapons so don't hand me this confusion that you don't know what's relevant here.  If the US had 16,000,000 civilian militia who owned fully auto assault rifles, your faraway problems with the US will be solved?   Glad to hear it.

#120    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

What do you think a ban on guns is?  That's coming for our guns.  

So the spin comes back around to training again.  We have militias in this country too, and those Americans have some of the biggest baddest guns in this country.  They're also the first ones who are going to lose their weapons so don't hand me this confusion that you don't know what's relevant here.  If the US had 16,000,000 civilian militia who owned fully auto assault rifles, your faraway problems with the US will be solved?   Glad to hear it.

While you're telling me all of these things about the government being evil and guns being the solution to the gun problem I can't stop thinking about this picture.
http://img.photobuck...zpsba40d50d.png

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users