Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Ghost Picture (Not a fake)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16    Razer

Razer

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Looks pretty fake :td:

#17    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

View PostRafterman, on 08 January 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

I'm leaning toward ghost app - perhaps with a little doctoring.

Yes, I agree with you, ghost app.

#18    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,575 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

I would guess motion blur. Someone was there, and then someone moved.

But really people... making fun of the masculinity of the poster's relative. That's pretty disrespectful and unnecessary.

Embrace the impossible.

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,214 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

All i can see is a dark shadow of someone  standing near a table, like the shadows on the wall where the people are sitting.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    UniversalFractal

UniversalFractal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Let people poke fun as they wish... It's clearly my grandmother's handbag.  I did expect some more class from you UM'ers though.  But none of this matters, this is not why I am here.  Only insecure individuals would even bring up this topic, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the topic.  The man you are making fun of is 66, and is quite secure with who he is.  I'm starting to wonder about you though, Pallidin and Belial.

I posted this picture to figure out what this thing is, not to scare and fake out people by using a photoshopped picture.  It's not a photoshop, so you photoshop experts are laughably amateur.

It's not just some camera glitch, cmon folks.  I wouldn't post something like this if I wasn't truly weirded out.  I never believed in anything paranormal until I saw this picture, as it is a first-hand encounter with something like this.  And what adds more credibility to it is the fact that there's two pictures, frame by frame, one with the "thing", one without it.

I'm not here to debate whether or not it's a photoshop, as I know for a fact that it is not.  I'm here to see what others think of it.

Edited by UniversalFractal, 09 January 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#21    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 6,240 posts

• I might have been born yesterday
    but, I stayed up all night.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

View PostUniversalFractal, on 08 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

@ Likely:   I originally thought it might have been my little cousin as well, but this picture was taken a split second apart and there's no way one of them would have gotten all the way over there.  Look at everything else in the two different pictures, barely anything changed, and you think they moved across the whole room in that amount of time?  Not a chance...

The lady at the head of the table (I assume your grandmother?) from one picture to the next appears to have grabbed a pen, it appears.

There is a slight shift in everyone's, either posture or eye direction. Also, there is no 'flash' in either photograph so it was farely dimly lit.

I can't say, because I wasn't there, but I think that your family did a good job holding still for a photo, that they didn't know ended up being two, taken a few seconds apart. Enough time running, when the second frame was taken, in low light, on 'shutter mode', your cousins could easily appear like that.

I see that people are already calling "shopped!" and "fake!". No, I don't think that they are. I think that it's easily explainable. :)

#22    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostUniversalFractal, on 08 January 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

@ Rafter:  It's not photoshopped...  clearly you don't have the capacity to judge whether or not it's a photoshop since its 100% not a photoshop and you think it is...

Did I say it was photoshopped?  No, I did not.

I said it looks an awful lot like a ghost app photo that has possibly been doctored a bit.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#23    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostUniversalFractal, on 08 January 2013 - 11:56 PM, said:

I posted this picture to figure out what this thing is, not to scare and fake out people by using a photoshopped picture.  It's not a photoshop, so you photoshop experts are laughably amateur.

And I would argue that you did not.  If that were truly the case, you would give as much credence to the folks offering different opinions as you do the ones that are saying, "yep, it's a ghost."

In other words, you posted it to simply get a bunch of people to agree with you and say it was a ghost.

Edited by Rafterman, 09 January 2013 - 03:08 PM.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#24    g00dfella

g00dfella

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

Love how people claim shopped when they don't have a clue, probably never used the program either...

#25    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,023 posts

• How is the appearance of my house that His ghost could come in among my dwelling?

:-*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostUniversalFractal, on 08 January 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Hi guys,

My mother's 45th bday was last night and we were out at a restaurant and this picture was taken on my Dad's phone, which has a shutter picture feature.  These two pictures were taken together in the shutter time.  Tell me what you think... really creepy.  I see two faces, and a hand around the chair with one finger pointing up.  Not photoshopped, seriously.
*snip*

This is the realest looking ghost photo ive seen so far on UM... dont let the haters get you down.. I think they're mad you got a pic of a ghost and they didn't

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 11 January 2013 - 01:30 AM.
links removed by request

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#26    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,023 posts

• How is the appearance of my house that His ghost could come in among my dwelling?

:-*

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Unless it was a kid that ran in real quick and got blurred... I wonder what makes a ghost visible for a camera or not, do they have will power over this, do they exert some extra energy that becomes momentarily visible.. I dont know much but it seems like people who see ghosts cant take pictures of them but that also they appear in pictures when nobody in the room knew they were there..

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#27    Lion6969

Lion6969

Poltergeist

• 2,229 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Lol. So many jokers who are skeptic for the sake of it. When they truly can't explain something they usually attack (ie personal, like the 66 year old dude in question, divertry tactics)!

Then there are those who believe a dimly lit room a camera with no flash can take pictures seconds a part, and the anomaly is a result of lighting camera quirks etc. Forgetting the fact that in the pictures taken seconds apart anomaly appears and disappears, if the anomaly was conditional on the conditions and camera quirks it would be logically present in both cameras.

Thirdly, there are those who say little kids moved from area of room to another in a flash like superman and this caused a blur ie the anomaly. I mean seriously that's more out there than a ghost, moving at that sort of speeds. Lmao!!!

Skeptics are skeptical for the sake of it, many jump on a band wagon. I mean clearly there is no clear explanation for the anomaly and it's better to say we genuinely don't know what it is than make up something foolish just to skeptical for the sake of it. That goes for both sides in fact.

#28    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

It looks like an excited dog that was sitting in the chair and jumped up on the table! I can see a small dog's head, his upper body, and his front legs on the table.

Edit: You can even see the little guy's tail behind the chair.

Edited by scowl, 09 January 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#29    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Another clue: whatever this is, it's casting a shadow on the table. I'm no expert on ghosts but I don't believe they cast shadows.

This was clearly shot with a long shutter speed (the motion blur from the non-ghost shot proves that). The back table is beyond the reach of the flash so anything moving would be blurred like this.

#30    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,285 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

The EXIF data is recorded in the pics.

The exposure time was 1/15 second for both pictures (the person taking the pic did a better job holding the camera still in one of the photos) and the 2 pictures were taken 10 seconds apart (not a 'split second').

Edited by Archimedes, 09 January 2013 - 09:08 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users