Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Kenya elephant family slaughtered

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Kenya's Wildlife Service says it is pursuing a gang of poachers they suspect of killing an entire family of 11 elephants.
The family was gunned down on Saturday in the single worst incident of ivory poaching recorded in the country.
Kenya has recently taken a more aggressive stance against poaching as it tries to combat a surge in demand for ivory from Asia.
About 100 elephants are killed each year in Kenya by poachers.
Despite a long-standing ban on the international trade, ivory from elephants is often smuggled to Asia for use in ornaments, while rhino horns are used in traditional medicine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-20944859

#2    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

that's a very sad place africa. There are so many poachers (poor people) trying to make a living, and poaching is the most easiest thing to do. The wildlife in africa are soon facing extinction because of poaching. I believe there's not much we can do, when people are going in hunger, they would do anything to get food.

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#3    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,251 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I saw this yesterday on another news site and thought it was horrible. A family of 11 elephants all killed for their ivory......just the thought of this sickens me :(

I've just found this now -

http://www.telegraph...rs-kill-12.html

It says 12 elephants killed. 11 adults and one calf, less than a year old  :cry:

Edited by Still Waters, 08 January 2013 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image

#4    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,869 posts

• The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

Yes... it is sad. :(

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users