Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Anger as Saudi in 90s weds teen

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

View Postand then, on 18 January 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

The fact that others behaved in such a way does not take away the excuse some Muslims use of mimicking Muhammad's example.  Their scripture tells them he is the only perfect example of behavior.  NINE is not 13 Ex.....  An adult male that is sexually aroused by a nine year old child is mentally ill in my humble opinion.

Where does it say he was sexually aroused? As far as I'm aware, he married her at 9 (not at all strange in those days, 1000+ years ago), but did not take her into his bed until much later (a Muslim told me this). If he did take her, or desire her in that manner then I'll eat my words, but I have been told otherwise.

#17    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,796 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostExpandMyMind, on 18 January 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Where does it say he was sexually aroused? As far as I'm aware, he married her at 9 (not at all strange in those days, 1000+ years ago), but did not take her into his bed until much later (a Muslim told me this). If he did take her, or desire her in that manner then I'll eat my words, but I have been told otherwise.
Then you have different info than I.  I cannot prove what I believe so I will leave it lay but there can be no doubt that many men today use his example within this culture to perpetuate things just like this 90 year old has.  IMO it's just one more aspect of the brutality and backwardness of some of the tenets of Islam.  And yeah, I know, but you don't find many Christians (sane ones anyway) who advocate for O.T. traditions similar to this being continued.  If they do then I condemn them as well - they and ALL who do such.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#18    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postand then, on 18 January 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

Then you have different info than I.  I cannot prove what I believe so I will leave it lay but there can be no doubt that many men today use his example within this culture to perpetuate things just like this 90 year old has.  IMO it's just one more aspect of the brutality and backwardness of some of the tenets of Islam.  And yeah, I know, but you don't find many Christians (sane ones anyway) who advocate for O.T. traditions similar to this being continued.  If they do then I condemn them as well - they and ALL who do such.

It's like I mention in another thread on a slightly different subject: It's an 'old culture' problem. It's not a religious problem, it's a cultural one. This sort of thing happens a lot in more of the backward cultures. India is a prime example, where Hinduism is the leading faith, not Islam. This happens in many cultures where marriages are arranged which leads to young daughters being given away in marriage and used as strategic pawns or methods of financial gain. They view a 'woman' as a female who has simply 'blossomed'. They're a few hundred years behind the times and it's sick, I know. Though our culture was much the same, not too long ago, and, hopefully, in the next 50-100 years, we'll see a change in these old cultures.

I do not agree with your belief that they use Muhammed's example, for I have not been shown that the example given is even accurate. Besides, they don't need to use Mohammed as an excuse, for morality is set to a different bar in parts of these cultures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users