Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

What Is TRUTH?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#91    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,664 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

Ref: Post 57

#92    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostEnderOTD, on 01 June 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

The truth the whole truth and nothing but the Truth, did i mention...its the Truth?

Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth as you place your hand on a Bible full of lies so help you GOD?

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

#93    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,664 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

In the words of that eminent philosopher George Burns,

"So help me, Me."

#94    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,444 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

...  Just a few interesting quotes  about truth......    

“The investigation of the truth is in one way hard, in another easy. An indication of this is found in the fact that no one is able to attain the truth adequately, while, on the other hand, no one fails entirely, but everyone says something true about the nature of all things, and while individually they contribute little or nothing to the truth, by the union of all a considerable amount is amassed.”

Aristotle, Metaphysics

The philosopher is in love with truth, that is, not with the changing world of sensation, which is the object of opinion, but with the unchanging reality which is the object of knowledge. (Plato)

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are.

What is at issue is the conversion of the mind from the twilight of error to the truth, that climb up into the real world which we shall call true philosophy. (Plato, Republic)

Those whose hearts are fixed on Reality itself deserve the title of Philosophers. (Plato)

One trait in the philosopher's character we can assume is his love of the knowledge that reveals eternal reality, the realm unaffected by change and decay. (Plato)

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#95    docyabut2

docyabut2

Alien Abducter

• 4,459 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postsoulpowertothenthdegree, on 02 June 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

And this is proof of what I am saying right here, thanks.  You are quoting a scripture from Jesus, taken as fact and portrayed as truth when in fact it is a completely fictional account of something that was created to control the masses and hide the truth.

What`s wrong with a truth that we are all one in spirit,and one day we will know that truth?

#96    skytwister

skytwister

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostCrikey, on 11 January 2013 - 02:10 PM, said:

"We are such stuff as dreams are made on" - Shakespeare, The Tempest

This reminds me of a quote from Richard Linklater's  film, Waking life - "They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

#97    soulpowertothenthdegree

soulpowertothenthdegree

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Control Your Soul!!

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER, (PEOPLE, PLACES & THINGS);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS I DO HAVE CONTROL OVER, (ME, MYSELF & I);
GIVE ME THE ABILITY TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users