Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

The Incas, explorers of the Pacific

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#271    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 06 May 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

You make a good point finally. But only further digs there will tell of what was the level of constructions of the older sites.

Thank you, almighty know it all, i shal lcertainly print and frame your compliement.

Have you actually been on a dig?
I have been and still do go on digs.
Get there, do that and then come.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#272    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Back to topic, sorry for the diversion.

#273    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 06 May 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

Thank you, almighty know it all, i shal lcertainly print and frame your compliement.

Have you actually been on a dig?
I have been and still do go on digs.
Get there, do that and then come.
I have not been on a dig, would be terribly happy to go to one, but i guess will have to bide my time. Though i had taken up Forensics as a subject in college and interestingly a Forensic dig is very similar to an archaeological dig.

Would i find something different then you would at one of these digs? You can tell me what you find and i can give you an interpretation of it based on what i think. We can't be everywhere to see everything for ourselves can we? But i am sure that if you find something on onw of these digs that would prove me wrong, you would surely remind me. :yes:

#274    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

Spartan Forever!!!!

• 3,733 posts

• Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:56 PM

I go on digs over here in UAE, as a volunteer, just for the thrill of it.
Imagine, armed with a  trowel, some brushes, finding something out of the ancient past, is such of a thrill.

I was at a dig in ras Al Khaimah, UAE, for graves dating back to 2000 BC, belonging to the Shimal Type Culture, an offshoot of the Umm an-Nar Culture.

I found Pottery Shards, beads and a few bone fragments. The funny thing is that everyone involved in the dig found something or the other.
It was great working at the dig and hope i get further chances.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#275    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostThe_Spartan, on 06 May 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

I go on digs over here in UAE, as a volunteer, just for the thrill of it.
Imagine, armed with a  trowel, some brushes, finding something out of the ancient past, is such of a thrill.

I was at a dig in ras Al Khaimah, UAE, for graves dating back to 2000 BC, belonging to the Shimal Type Culture, an offshoot of the Umm an-Nar Culture.

I found Pottery Shards, beads and a few bone fragments. The funny thing is that everyone involved in the dig found something or the other.
It was great working at the dig and hope i get further chances.

Great, that's what I alwyas wanted to do !

I once met Chilean archeologists busy at Tiwanaku.   LOL, i walked up to them, and asked them some things. But one of them noticed I had a pocketbook written by Sitchin under my arms, and he sighed, said something in Spanish to his colleagues I didn't understand, looked at me quizzically, and then turned around and continued with his work.

#276    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 7,891 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

you could've brought along a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and a hunk of cheese Abe ... lol

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#277    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 06 May 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

you could've brought along a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and a hunk of cheese Abe ... lol

You walk around with all that in your backpack? Lol.

#278    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

Interesting example of ancient granite work.

Methodology unexplained.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Posted Image

#279    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postzoser, on 20 May 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Interesting example of ancient granite work.

Methodology unexplained.

https://www.facebook...&type=1

Methodology explained:

http://www.unexplain...showentry=26631

#280    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

After reading this thread again Im quite sure that Inka and Polynesians met on Pacific ocean.

Congrats Abramelin for research. And others.

Edited by the L, 30 May 2013 - 08:32 PM.

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#281    Whitecloud

Whitecloud

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

The techniques used at ahu vinapu are more than coincidental for a couple of reasons. Firstly the way the blocks interlock around these small centre pieces is very similar. Note where the lines interject the small piece.

Easter island
Attached File  image.jpg   163.04K   2 downloads

Inca
Attached File  image.jpg   25.5K   1 downloads

I don't think I'll be able to fit the images in this post, but the curved wall of ahu vinapu is a stylistic technique, not a construction one. It is replicated on easter island and throughout inca areas.

I'd like also to clear up some misconceptions about the things Thor Heyrdahl believed.

He accepted a general migration from South East Asia. What he held in contention was the populating of the islands being solely from that direction, considering winds and ocean currents make voyages from the Americas more favourable (that's not to say the great Polynesian navigators couldn't sail the other way, they obviously did).

He also thought that the incas received the wall building technique from a common predecessor as the E.I Polynesians, not a direct contribution from the inca culture to Polynesian. The incas are but one of many groups that have held power in Peru.

Worth mentioning is that the kon-tiki raft wasn't towed out from South America to escape any currents, the Peru current eventually curves into the pacific anyway. It was to avoid causing disruption to shipping lanes.

Staple South American crops in Polynesian possession is hard to argue against in the case of contact, however that contact occurred. That the crops existed in New Zealand on the opposite side of the pacific indicates that whoever distributed it either travelled from South America or had no problems going there and a long way back.

New Zealand mythology in particular is incredibly widespread regarding a race of people that lived on and around mountain peaks. These people are generally considered mythical and ascribed features as such, but there are many circumstantial accounts too, resulting in the naming of well known landmarks.

I really have too much to discuss here, I could go on, but I won't today. The evidence is undeniable, piecing it together is near impossible.

#282    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

One of our common stories is that a chief noticed his people were suffering and hungering so he set his mind to exploring a possible solution and dreamed of a food crop in the direction of his protruding tongue ( or his sons, depending on the tribal group) and deliberately set out to retrieve the crop.
Of course that was the Kumara.

But most of our stories do not relate to New Zealand at all but to dim history and one of those that do relate directly to NZ Maori, shared by a few tribal bases is that the so called Maori of NZ came from the 'Navel' of the world, Rapanui in fact.

Its interesting to note that of all the island groups within the Pacific, sharing a common language heritage, only Easter Island folks language is the closest to Maori lingo, in other words, I can with some effort understand Rapanuian than I can any other native language of Polynesia without resorting to translation services...

As to the People who were here prior to Polynesian migration/discovery, they were said to be extremely tall, purple black, afro haired and peaceful and surprisingly, employed some form of arbotectural technology with the building of houses in the tree tops by growing and grafting branches together.

The other stories regarding mountain folk area the stable Fairy/troll type of thing, folks possessing supernatural abilities or technological artifacts.

One further snippet, our methods of sailing did not rely solely on wind sails....

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#283    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

View Postmumanster, on 14 September 2013 - 10:22 PM, said:

One further snippet, our methods of sailing did not rely solely on wind sails....

Hi mumanster,   would you please tell more about that?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#284    Whisperer

Whisperer

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

• "Never challenge the Universe for it will respond"

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

Sorry...edit..Bad manners,
Hi,
Throw a weighted net into a current, it acts as an underwater sail...and there are many major currents in the oceans...

Edited by mumanster, 15 September 2013 - 12:49 AM.

I be Ra...The river of life, the ebb and flow of summer tides...
Make not an image of me, nor offer unto me the limitations of form...
For I be Soul....and I will not be limited...

#285    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Ah!   Thank you very much.   I suspected  something like that ....    The Inca used long boards  thrust into the water to utilize surface currents as a means of propulsion .. and course stabilization.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users