Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#196    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,814 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

once again, noone is denying that the universe is probably teeming with life.
what we're debating is "are they coming here to deface our cereal crops".

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#197    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

View Postbison, on 31 January 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

It worries me somewhat that many of the most high placed members of Earth societies are apparently skeptical of the possibility of ET self disclosure, or at least unprepared for it. Their reactions could contribute disproportionately to a sense of instability in society as a whole. Dominant scientific ideas about what life in the universe is actually capable of could take a fatal blow. Our sense of self sufficiency as a species, and belief in the supremacy of our moral, philosophical, and intellectual achievements could probably not be long maintained. In all, this will be a very challenging time for us, even if it is handled very carefully by the others.

Not the first person to say this.

Not one has sounded convincing when they have said this to anyone but another CT'er. They seem to be the only one's who get this "fear". We have little sense of self sufficiency today, the masses rely on those who take charge. It's a big production line. If the population were to suddenly find out that we did not know it all, would come as no surprise, particularly those whom you state have this dependancy. The US makes big cars, Japan makes high tech, and China pumps it out on volume, Australia grows heaps of food and mines resources, we are used to other authorities managing some aspects they excel in. That I do believe is the point of a social culture.

There is absolutely no reason to consider such a scenario even might be the case. How do you place such a responsibility on any one Government, or any one people? That seems very one sided indeed! You might have enough people in the US to quake in their boots, I honestly do not know, but you CT'ers make out like every second person over there would just faint at the sight of genuine ET, (not very flattering I must say) we Aussies are made of sterner stuff than that. Maybe ET should make contact with Aussies first? We will make it through the "Shock" quite fine I believe.
Any sudden cultural impact has repercussions. That does not mean we avoid them. One has to meet such a challenge at some point in time. Pretending we are sitting on plans and secrets is just a way of passing the time I feel.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#198    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:31 AM

View Postlaver, on 04 February 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

It is obviously generally considered quite possible with the immense scope of the universe that Earth is not the only form of life in it, and yes it is an idea worthy of consideration and how we might become aware of that in some way.

We are very aware of that, which is why we are looking for life out there. Seems rather a waste of time when all we need do is site next to some grassy fields all night?

Unfortunately, the very idea of using crop circles for communication is pretty lame, in fact, I have to admit to being surprised that someone would consider this idea today. It seems very behind the times, like MIB, and classic "Saucers" What is the reasoning for using such a short lived, oversized silly way to communicate, and how stupid are aliens, do they really think this is the best way to communicate with natural resources such as light, neutrino's or radio al part if their own environment, and after centuries that we still have not figured it out, an intelligent species foes not say "Hey look, those apes have radio nowadays, lets just call them instead of this paining arty farty BS"

I mean seriously, are we not supposed to be speaking about an intelligent species? Do not catch on real quick do they! The only people who consider Crop Circles are having Merit proudly also wear a tin foil hat. I think that is a big red flag in itself. And if that is who Aliens want to contact, I do not think we need them here, do you?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#199    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 04 February 2013 - 01:31 AM, said:

We are very aware of that, which is why we are looking for life out there. Seems rather a waste of time when all we need do is site next to some grassy fields all night?

Unfortunately, the very idea of using crop circles for communication is pretty lame, in fact, I have to admit to being surprised that someone would consider this idea today. It seems very behind the times, like MIB, and classic "Saucers" What is the reasoning for using such a short lived, oversized silly way to communicate, and how stupid are aliens, do they really think this is the best way to communicate with natural resources such as light, neutrino's or radio al part if their own environment, and after centuries that we still have not figured it out, an intelligent species foes not say "Hey look, those apes have radio nowadays, lets just call them instead of this paining arty farty BS"

I mean seriously, are we not supposed to be speaking about an intelligent species? Do not catch on real quick do they! The only people who consider Crop Circles are having Merit proudly also wear a tin foil hat. I think that is a big red flag in itself. And if that is who Aliens want to contact, I do not think we need them here, do you?

Ya,   I think we need  THEM here  .   Be pretty boring without   them?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#200    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,737 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postlightly, on 04 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

I depends on if one is here for entertainment or to probe these mysteries with an eye towards an answer. There are those here that I wonder which camp they belong to.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#201    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

View Postlightly, on 04 February 2013 - 01:47 AM, said:

Why do we need THEM here?

Because you find it boring with them staying at their home? Maybe they have a nicer planet! Maybe they do not want to do our dirty work for us? Maybe they are not bored at all.

If I was ET, last thing I would want is some needy sub species hanging of my every turn asking me to fix all thier problems.

I do drive a utility, and I do have a sticker on the back that says

"YES THIS IS MY UTE - NO I WONT HELP YOU  MOVE"

Why would they be any different?

#202    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 04 February 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

I depends on if one is here for entertainment or to probe these mysteries with an eye towards an answer. There are those here that I wonder which camp they belong to.

It is certainly a two edged sword put like that!!

Honestly, if an alien tried to probe me, he would find out rather quickly and painfully that area is exit only.

#203    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

The effect of a discovery of non terrestial life would be considerable for many people which is why the WEF was asking governments to do some education about the possibility. Just a few strange lights in the sky can cause considerable public unrest... partly the fault of Holywood.

If there had never been a single crop design then it is doubtful if many people would suggest this form of communication by a non terrestial agency but there have now been many thousands particularly in recent years some of which exhibit factors which do not suggest they are of terrestial origin. So we have to deal with that phenomena without knowing why this method of messageing may be being used.

#204    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

View Postlaver, on 04 February 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

The effect of a discovery of non terrestial life would be considerable for many people which is why the WEF was asking governments to do some education about the possibility. Just a few strange lights in the sky can cause considerable public unrest... partly the fault of Holywood.

Partly? That is quite the understatement.

Education is rife, have you ever seen the docufiction Alien Planet?

People have been talking about other planets for as long as we have been looking at the sky. The Jewish Talmund speaks of 1800 other worlds.

View Postlaver, on 04 February 2013 - 12:20 PM, said:

If there had never been a single crop design then it is doubtful if many people would suggest this form of communication by a non terrestial agency but there have now been many thousands particularly in recent years some of which exhibit factors which do not suggest they are of terrestial origin. So we have to deal with that phenomena without knowing why this method of messageing may be being used.

Now you certainly have my attention, what factors exhibited suggest extra terrestrial origin? None that I am aware of.

#205    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

Posted Imagelightly, on 03 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

View Postpsyche101, on 04 February 2013 - 02:40 AM, said:

Why do we need THEM here?

Because you find it boring with them staying at their home? Maybe they have a nicer planet! Maybe they do not want to do our dirty work for us? Maybe they are not bored at all.

.. Sorry psyche, i misunderstood..  i thought you meant we don't need    'believers'    .    
ok...  resume play :su

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#206    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

View Postlightly, on 05 February 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

Posted Imagelightly, on 03 February 2013 - 08:47 PM, said:

.. Sorry psyche, i misunderstood..  i thought you meant we don't need 'believers' .
ok...  resume play :su

No I misunderstood. There are so many credulous currently it is doing my head in. My apologies. The mistake is completely mine.

#207    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 05 February 2013 - 05:11 AM, said:

Partly? That is quite the understatement.

Education is rife, have you ever seen the docufiction Alien Planet?

People have been talking about other planets for as long as we have been looking at the sky. The Jewish Talmund speaks of 1800 other worlds.

Now you certainly have my attention, what factors exhibited suggest extra terrestrial origin? None that I am aware of.

The evidence clearly indicates that the formation of some crop designs is from above, which is also logical, hence they are not terrestrial. What the non terrestrial agency creating some of them is, is another matter.

#208    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

View Postlaver, on 09 February 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

The evidence clearly indicates that the formation of some crop designs is from above, which is also logical, hence they are not terrestrial. What the non terrestrial agency creating some of them is, is another matter.
At no time have you presented any evidence, clear or otherwise.  All crop circles - natural and man-made - are of terrestrial origin.

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#209    laver

laver

Psychic Spy

• 1,204 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostOppono Astos, on 09 February 2013 - 03:12 PM, said:

At no time have you presented any evidence, clear or otherwise.  All crop circles - natural and man-made - are of terrestrial origin.

Not sure what you mean by a 'natural' crop circle.

#210    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,814 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

I don't know what they're called in the UK or the US but there are "very small tornadoes" called willy-wilies here in Oz, they last seconds, do very little damage beyonf knock over a few potplants and make interesting patterns in the dust. Presumably if they occur over crops thye'll flatten them.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users