Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Occum's Razor = some Crop Circles are 'real'


  • Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#241    laver

laver

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013

Posted 20 April 2013 - 06:13 PM

If all the crop designs are manmade the hoaxers will eventually get bored or too old to play the game or die off and the phenomena will then die out.
If some designs are not manmade they will continue as they must be there for a reason and we will eventually find out why.
At present, after many years, they are going strong....


#242    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:24 PM

i think you misunderstand the meaning of 'occam's razor'.
yes, not all crop circles are man-made, the simplest solution is that they are created by air turbulance, such as eddys, dust-devils, circular vortices, that kind of thing.
the large geometric patterns that you see today are OBVIOUSLY man-made, and applying occam's razor certainly excludes them from being of extraterrestrial origin.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#243    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,334 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:31 AM

View Postlaver, on 20 April 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

If all the crop designs are manmade the hoaxers will eventually get bored or too old to play the game or die off and the phenomena will then die out.
If some designs are not manmade they will continue as they must be there for a reason and we will eventually find out why.
At present, after many years, they are going strong....
You're absolutely right.
Just like how Christianity died off after the last Disciple died.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#244    laver

laver

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 21 April 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

You're absolutely right.
Just like how Christianity died off after the last Disciple died.


Hardly a fair comparison unless the hoaxers are on some sort of 'divine' mission to convert the world to cropianity offering life after death...


#245    Timonthy

Timonthy

    Placid

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Aust.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

There will always be people doing it. With internet, social media etc. anyone who creates a good hoax can have it broadcast worldwide instantly. It won't stop...

Posted Image


#246    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 21 April 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

There will always be people doing it. With internet, social media etc. anyone who creates a good hoax can have it broadcast worldwide instantly. It won't stop...
.
i say we start making some ***t up and get the CT mill running full steam!!
''illuminati responsible for blue M&M disappearence'' shocker!
film at 11.....
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#247    laver

laver

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 21 April 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

There will always be people doing it. With internet, social media etc. anyone who creates a good hoax can have it broadcast worldwide instantly. It won't stop...

Replace the word hoax for design but where are these clever designers of all crop circles? Hiding from farmers? who seem pretty poor at catching them at it !


#248    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:34 PM

View Postlaver, on 21 April 2013 - 06:05 PM, said:



where are these clever designers of all crop circles? Hiding from farmers? who seem pretty poor at catching them at it !
.
I spend quite a lot of my time in wiltshire & somerset, and lived there for some time. I attend the stonehenge festival every year, and have done since the early 70's, and 3yrs ago I spent a lovely afternoon on june 20th, the height of the crop circle silly season, sitting against one of the uprights of the avebury avenue,drinking suicider, and watching two guys make a huge crop circle in the field opposite. the circle had a diameter of 100ft, and took roughly 45mns to make.
this was at 4pm, in broad daylight, in a farmer's wheat field, in full view of everyone, and nobody came to stop them.
in fact, apart from me & pagan rob, nobody batted an eyelid over the whole affair. nobody gave a toss because in wiltshire that kind of scene is commonplace.
why do you think they don't make the tv news anymore? hmm?
because most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night, in seconds, by aliens,
aren't.
they're made during the day, in around an hour,
by people.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#249    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:37 PM

and by the way OP, it's 'occam's razor', not 'occums'.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#250    laver

laver

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts
  • Joined:02 Jan 2013

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:05 PM

View Postshrooma, on 21 April 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

.
I spend quite a lot of my time in wiltshire & somerset, and lived there for some time. I attend the stonehenge festival every year, and have done since the early 70's, and 3yrs ago I spent a lovely afternoon on june 20th, the height of the crop circle silly season, sitting against one of the uprights of the avebury avenue,drinking suicider, and watching two guys make a huge crop circle in the field opposite. the circle had a diameter of 100ft, and took roughly 45mns to make.
this was at 4pm, in broad daylight, in a farmer's wheat field, in full view of everyone, and nobody came to stop them.
in fact, apart from me & pagan rob, nobody batted an eyelid over the whole affair. nobody gave a toss because in wiltshire that kind of scene is commonplace.
why do you think they don't make the tv news anymore? hmm?
because most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night, in seconds, by aliens,
aren't.
they're made during the day, in around an hour,
by people.

quote...'most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night,in seconds,by aliens, aren't they're made during the day, in around an hour by people'

You say most.. what about the rest that would take hours to set out and make even in broad daylight.....


#251    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:22 PM

View Postlaver, on 21 April 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:



quote...'most of the circles that you think are made in the dead of night,in seconds,by aliens, aren't they're made during the day, in around an hour by people'

You say most.. what about the rest that would take hours to set out and make even in broad daylight.....
.
you just answered your own question laver, they're set out over a number of hours, in broad daylight.
the application of occam's razor will tell you that.....
;-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#252    shrooma

shrooma

    doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

  • Member
  • 3,514 posts
  • Joined:14 Feb 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:leeds, UK.

  • Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

P.S, thank god you've got the sense to only quote the relevant parts and delete the rest of the post instead of posting it in it's entirety, clogging up the board like a lot of lazy posters do!
:-)

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -    
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on like a mardy-arsed
bth due to your lack of understanding.

#253    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 31,179 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 April 2013 - 02:44 AM

View Postlaver, on 20 April 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

If all the crop designs are manmade the hoaxers will eventually get bored or too old to play the game or die off and the phenomena will then die out.
If some designs are not manmade they will continue as they must be there for a reason and we will eventually find out why.
At present, after many years, they are going strong....

Pranking has a shelf life?

I do not think so.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#254    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,334 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 22 April 2013 - 05:09 AM

View Postlaver, on 21 April 2013 - 08:14 AM, said:

Hardly a fair comparison unless the hoaxers are on some sort of 'divine' mission to convert the world to cropianity offering life after death...
fans of Sherlock Holmes then.
Not a one person who read Holmes hot off of the presses is alive today. And yet .... people still know Holmes.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#255    Paranomali

Paranomali

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 80 posts
  • Joined:10 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Earth

  • Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.


    ― Arthur C. Clarke

Posted 22 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

I feel like crop circles are probably fake, but there's a chance they're real & I just really want to believe... :alien:





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users