Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

NZ Policemen stumped by night noises

pete laloli police hornby station phantom

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 248 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I saw a ghost... oh no wait ... ghosts don't exist only lunatics believe in them.

#17    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

View Postdharma warrior, on 10 January 2013 - 08:38 PM, said:

Sounds like a job for the police

LMAO!!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#18    Professor T

Professor T

3 of 7

• 2,579 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Since September 2010 there's been over 22 thousand earthquakes and aftershocks in Christchurch..
This can cause doors to open by themselves & lights to flicker..

or.....

It can also rattle graves in the Earth and wake the dead..

or.....

It can rattle nerves.

#19    redbundy

redbundy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

I don't get it, just because they are police officers that means thay cannot be wrong, or misidentify a common occurance as a paranormal one? I mean in all honesty they are just as likely to exaggerate or mistakenly identify a normal, everyday occurance and turn it into a supernatural one...

Edited by redbundy, 11 January 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#20    Crikey

Crikey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• I just keep getting stronger..

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

Christchurch NZ is in an earthquake zone, so maybe there are slight movements going on in the earth's crust too small to be noticed by humans, but are enough to microscopically stress buildings just enough to cause doors to swing open, walls and floors to creak like footsteps etc.

#21    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

yep these things happen

#22    SilverTailedFox

SilverTailedFox

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostCoffey, on 09 January 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

Why haven't they set up cameras then?

It would capture the doors opening etc.

Aside from all the other reasonings (lack of common sense, etc.. ) it could just be a case of not caring that much. Sure, they say it's mysterious, and a little creepy, but it doesn't seem to bother them at all. Maybe the reason they haven't tried to positively identify any of this, is because they just don't care enough to go the extra lengths. It's noth bothering them, so why bother it?

#23    pepper-steph

pepper-steph

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Considering that most of the earthquakes we are experiencing are inaudible and unregistered by us chch residents, could it be fair to say that the super low frequency sound waves are causing paranormal like experiences as our brains are heightened to the fault line activity?

#24    aninocky

aninocky

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:49 PM

When people can't explain something the first thing is they think it's paranormal.People can be wrong 99.99% of the time but 1/100th% could be something you don't want to know.

#25    izybess

izybess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hmmm maybe an old prisoner came back for revenge ;)

#26    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:24 AM

It's strange how some buildings where death is a relative constant are not affected by hauntings, at least not noticeable ones, then buildings that pertain to matters far removed from death are sometimes reported to be inhabited by energetic spirits that no one has an explanation or significance for. I worked in a nursing home cleaning for 5 years and never sensed anything despite cleaning rooms where elderly people whom I'd talked to had died a few days earlier in. Obviously it varies from place to place, hospitals and battlegrounds and scenes of murders are often richly layered. The fact that nursing homes are often places where the dead die as comfortably as you can I guess can explain it regarding the difference of activity.

I think manner of death and state of mind at the time weighs heavily. Though then there is the question of fond feelings for a place on the other side of the spectrum, it is where you go when you can no longer manage your own routines and kinda just sit there and wind down, I can't see fondness for that over a whole life. Then you hear about police stations, convenience stores, offices, garages and the like containing activity with no stain of death on the recent history. That fabric of a place holds records or energy of events and emotions is very feasible.

So to hear about past uses of the land and building would be very interesting (providing it is not just a result of pranks by other offices that is). Then it can be judged whether the apparent haunting is related to gloomy manners or out of fondness for the location. For attention or mockery or to intimidate, who knows but it is always interesting to hear such tales. Suppose it's so busy in the day that the spirit(s) are daunted or noises and doors being opened and stuff is passed off as due to others.

Edited by DancingCorpse, 01 April 2013 - 02:26 AM.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#27    pallidin

pallidin

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,890 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:31 AM

@ DancingCorpse

Your name explains the noises. Been to NZ lately?  :w00t:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users