Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Africans forcing their Thai wives 2 smuggle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,249 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

http://www.pattayada...ent=Yahoo! Mail

African men move to Thailand ,woo a Thai woman into marriage,and then forces her to be a cocaine mule .
This story makes me wonder about Japan,because you see a lot of African men doing this there too,as far as the wooing and marriage goes .Those guys hang out in kabuki cho at night,so ya hafta wonder ..

Miss me?

#2    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

The article doesn't say what country they're from just gives the continent which is pretty vast.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,224 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I saw Thailand mentioned several times.

They are probably doing it in Japan too.  I hope Thai women wise up to this and stop marrying them.

#4    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,186 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Hmmm... what a shame.

Funny how the men put the women into all the danger.

#5    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Sorry, I meant, which country in Africa are these men from?
the article doesn't say.  It just generalizes all men in the continent of Africa.

Also, I don't think the men are 100% to blame, I'm sure there are violent consequences for refusing these, so-called husbands, but we are all responsible for our own actions.  I wouldn't doubt some of the women were offered money to do what they did because let's face reality here, how much do you have to love someone too commit a crime for them?

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#6    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 294 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

A lot of bartering goes on down there, and many foreign men go to Thailand to either find a wife, or a part time girlfriend during their business trips. Penalties are stiff should one get caught dealing drugs down there, or even trying to take it out of the country. I'm sure these men are quite aware of the consequences and will therefore look for any Thai citizen, be it wife, girlfriend, boyfriend or whoever to do the job for them. There are far more poor people than rich down there, and just a very small percentage being in between, but if one pays one enough, nothing is impossible when it comes to money.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#7    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

• 1,832 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

View PostNiteMarcher, on 10 January 2013 - 03:12 AM, said:

A lot of bartering goes on down there, and many foreign men go to Thailand to either find a wife, or a part time girlfriend during their business trips. Penalties are stiff should one get caught dealing drugs down there, or even trying to take it out of the country. I'm sure these men are quite aware of the consequences and will therefore look for any Thai citizen, be it wife, girlfriend, boyfriend or whoever to do the job for them. There are far more poor people than rich down there, and just a very small percentage being in between, but if one pays one enough, nothing is impossible when it comes to money.

Very true, it happens all over the world.

having an ad that says, "meet Thai women" right under the article telling Thai women to be careful does not help... LolAttached File  SC20130109-181626.png   154.86K   2 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users