Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

mobile phone + battery that lasts 15 years

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,126 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

quote:

"In a world of battery-hungry phones such as iPhones and Androids, the SpareOne Plus sticks out - its makers claim it lasts for 15 years.

The affordable mobile that runs on a single, AA battery and is built as a 'spare' phone for emergencies - it can even call emergency services without a SIM card.

Designed as a back-up phone you can carry without worrying if it’s charged or not, the SpareOne is built to leave in the car for emergencies, or to pack in travel luggage – especially if you or your loved ones plan to go off the beaten track (or off-piste)"

http://uk.news.yahoo...-103800777.html

But am I the only one who see's further down the page that:  "That single battery offers a talk time of up to 10 hours" ???

eh? Did I miss something?

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

Imagine after 15 years having to charge that...

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,990 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

The battery holds a charge for 15 years without use, like if you want to leave it in your car for emergencies but you have to recharge it after about 10 hours of use is what I'm thinking.

#4    Vaise

Vaise

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

• http://www.youtube.com/user/VaiseShepard/videos

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

"- it can even call emergency services without a SIM card."

Pretty sure this is a standard feature on most phones since at least 2008/2009? so i don't get why there citing that i agree with hilander's point, 15 year if its sat in a glove compartment 6 to 10 hours max with useage. Not a bad idea tbh but $99 for a phone to sit in ya glove box or in ya hiking backpack seems pretty steep. I can get a basic fone with at least 5 spare 30 hour batteries ( assume it could leave it off in glove box) for less that £20,

Price turns me off the device.

Posted Image

I’d rather trust and regret than doubt and regret:- Kirito

#5    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

They have portable battery changers that you can carry. Runs off of 2 AA batteries.

#6    aztek

aztek

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,612 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

lithium AA (energizer ultimate) has shelf life of 15 years.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#7    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

In 15 years we'll probably be communicating with surgical cellular implants and won't need phones anyway. Yay technology.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users