Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

EU 'makes UK more valuable to US

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

The UK is "valuable" to the US partly because it is a member of the EU, the deputy prime minister has said.
It comes after the Obama administration expressed concern about the impact of a UK referendum on its future in the EU.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-20969380

#2    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,163 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostRender, on 10 January 2013 - 06:45 PM, said:

The deluded Euro skeptics may not think their influence will diminish outside of the EU, but those of a more sane disposition know better.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#3    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 10 January 2013 - 07:15 PM, said:

The deluded Euro skeptics may not think their influence will diminish outside of the EU, but those of a more sane disposition know better.

Br Cornelius

So you have already given an unelected foreign government control over some of your laws, now you want to listen to a president of another country over the people of the UK?

Edited by Professor Buzzkill, 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM.

#4    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,075 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Was the purpose of the EU to ensure that the entire geographic region collapsed at the same time, making it simpler for ________ to come in and take over the whole mess at once rather than piece meal?

#5    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,846 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 10 January 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

So you have already given an unelected foreign government control over some of your laws, now you want to listen to a president of another country over the people of the UK?
NOT what he is saying at all.

What do you mean by "Unelected Foreign Govt"? Are you referring to Brussels which is heavily filled with UK MEP's?? It also is NOT a Government. It is up to the UK to actually approve the directives - they can always apply the veto. So what the UK has signed up to, is only what it WANTS to sign up to.

Nobody gives 2 hoots what the USA has to say in this matter, in fact it would have the opposite effect on the Moronic Voting Constituency in the UK.

#6    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 10 January 2013 - 07:43 PM, said:

NOT what he is saying at all.

What do you mean by "Unelected Foreign Govt"? Are you referring to Brussels which is heavily filled with UK MEP's?? It also is NOT a Government. It is up to the UK to actually approve the directives - they can always apply the veto. So what the UK has signed up to, is only what it WANTS to sign up to.

Nobody gives 2 hoots what the USA has to say in this matter, in fact it would have the opposite effect on the Moronic Voting Constituency in the UK.

Should the people decide the future of the country in a democracy?

#7    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,571 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hang on one minute here. These words are from Nick Clegg. who is the Liberal Party leader. the party and leader who would've had us signed up to the Euro currency which as been proven would have been a total disaster for us. we'd be worse than Greece - he's the same man who use to be a member of the European Parliament. and is odd's on favourite to return to the EU parliament once his disastrous spell as liberal leader comes to an end. - so i wouldn't take to much notice of him.

Has for the USA, they said 'Philip Gordon, the US assistant secretary for European affairs in the US State Department, told journalists on Wednesday that the UK would always be a key ally of the US and that "what is in the UK's interests is up to the UK".

Case closed. thank you and goodnight.

Edited by stevewinn, 10 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#8    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,317 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 10 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

Hang on one minute here. These words are from Nick Clegg. who is the Liberal Party leader. the party and leader who would've had us signed up to the Euro currency which as been proven would have been a total disaster for us. we'd be worse than Greece - he's the same man who use to be a member of the European Parliament. and is odd's on favourite to return to the EU parliament once his disastrous spell as liberal leader comes to an end. - so i wouldn't take to much notice of him.

Has for the USA, they said 'Philip Gordon, the US assistant secretary for European affairs in the US State Department, told journalists on Wednesday that the UK would always be a key ally of the US and that "what is in the UK's interests is up to the UK".

Just as much as your claim that TATA would not start dismantling Land Rover once they learned enough. Had a reality check lately? But for the meager sum of 500 million pounds Mr. Tata might reconsider....

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#9    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,846 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 10 January 2013 - 07:47 PM, said:

...and there was I thinking he was the Deputy Prime Minister, of a Conservative led co-alition, within an Electoral Dictatorship

Edited by keithisco, 10 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#10    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,163 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

The American Government (through its spokesman) has openly declared that Britain's international influence will be diminished if they  leave the Euro - that's the simple reality. America will seek stronger ties with an allie still within the EU - fact stated by the American Government.

Plucky little UK will get a bloody nose over this one. The days of little nation states left the building over a half a century ago.

Br Cornelius

Robert Anton Wilson

#11    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,571 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

edited: off topic private message awaits you Q.

Edited by stevewinn, 10 January 2013 - 08:37 PM.

Posted Image

#12    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,571 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 10 January 2013 - 08:25 PM, said:

The American Government (through its spokesman) has openly declared that Britain's international influence will be diminished if they  leave the Euro - that's the simple reality. America will seek stronger ties with an allie still within the EU - fact stated by the American Government.

Plucky little UK will get a bloody nose over this one. The days of little nation states left the building over a half a century ago.

Br Cornelius

Dont make me laugh, Britain's international influence will be diminished if they leave the EU. and what influence does the EU have they are a laughing stock to the world community, the euro zone for starters is in ruins. keep an eye on this situation just because its gone out of the media doesnt mean problem solved, the PIIGS are still in transit to the slaughter.

The Yanks know you cannot rely upon the Europeans. never have never will. European politics is p*** poor. the EU as shambles. - over half of the people of europe would vote to leave the EU if given the vote. just look at voting in the EU. every single year the turnout as fallen, and politically lurched to the right.

The Dutch said NO, the French said NO the Irish said NO. every time the people have been given the vote on referendums they have voted NO. and each and every time ignored, the Irish Vote was the best. by making them vote twice until they Voted YES, mind you they didn't even give the Dutch or the French a second vote they simply ignored them.

The end game is a Federation, you either believe in national democracy or you don't. its now time for the UK to get in the Life boat and let the EU-titanic sail into that iceberg.

Posted Image

#13    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,163 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

You should hear the interviews that the AMERICA spokesman has been delivering - its perfectly clear that they think it will be a disaster for the UK. I think they have a bit better idea of the inside skinny on international relations than you do Steve :tu:

They also described the EU for what it is - the largest economy in the world.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 10 January 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Robert Anton Wilson

#14    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,571 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 10 January 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

You should hear the interviews that the AMERICA spokesman has been delivering - its perfectly clear that they think it will be a disaster for the UK. I think they have a bit better idea of the inside skinny on international relations than you do Steve :tu:

They also described the EU for what it is - the largest economy in the world.

Br Cornelius

i'll have to watch the news at ten to see what the score is. when it comes to foreign affairs has the US always been right? they said Germany would overrun the UK within weeks of France Falling. Did they? they also said the UK couldn't recapture the Falklands, how did that end? moral of the story do not underestimate the British. goodnight.

Posted Image

#15    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,546 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Who are the US saying our international influence will diminish with? I'm assuming they don't mean the whole planet....and i'm guessing they weren't referring to themselves either...so who exactly?

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users