Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

EU 'makes UK more valuable to US

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,494 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

View Postsmurf0852, on 15 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

the people want out because it is what they read in the right wing press .any kind of independent thought is lost .the sun and the daily mail put eye catching headlines about tits and british greatness on the front pages to grab the attention of idiots .
those idiots mostly drive an inch away from your bumper in white vans and rage about how its unfair that have to drive a white van because of those bloody european people. because the sun and daily mail tell them thats what they should do
our country is populated by dip ****s with no more clue about what being in eurpoe means than a bee knows why it happens to be in a hive .

You'd be surprised about the extend of bee's knowledge.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#62    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:07 PM

David Cameron: UK could drift towards EU exit

The UK could "drift towards" exiting the EU if problems are not addressed, David Cameron is set to warn.
The prime minister postponed a long-awaited speech on the UK's relationship with Europe to respond to the hostage crisis in Algeria.
In extracts released in advance, Mr Cameron said he wanted to set out a "positive vision" for the future of the EU in which Britain would play a part.
Meanwhile, President Obama said he wanted a "strong" UK in a "strong" EU.

"If we don't address these challenges, the danger is that Europe will fail and the British people will drift towards the exit," he was to say.
"I do not want that to happen. I want the European Union to be a success and I want a relationship between Britain and the EU that keeps us in it."

It also emerged that US President Obama had renewed pressure on Mr Cameron over Britain remaining a member of the European Union. Details of a phone call with the prime minister on Thursday were released by the White House.
A spokesman said: "The president underscored our close alliance with the United Kingdom and said that the United States values a strong UK in a strong European Union, which makes critical contributions to peace, prosperity, and security in Europe and around the world."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21076219

Edited by Render, 19 January 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#63    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 7,945 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostRender, on 19 January 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

David Cameron: UK could drift towards EU exit

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-21076219

Render do you know why Obama wants the UK in the EU, because of American strategy / foreign policy. Obama is taking America to the Pacific in the larger global strategy  He's the Pacific President. - Heck just look at what the US defence Department as said only yesterday. 'quote -U.S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta called on NATO to become a more flexible fighting force that can tackle a broad range of conflicts and urged European allies to join the Pentagon’s shift to the Asia-Pacific region'

So you can see whats going on, the US wants a strong UK in a strong EU so that part of the world (europe) can be left alone while the US diverts its resources to the Pacific region, by the UK saying its possibly leaving the EU throws a small spanner in the works for the US. with the UK out of Europe the US would naturally have to keep an eye on europe. with a strong UK still in the EU we'd be Americas eyes and ears. - so dont think for one second the NEWS piece is in some way endorsement for the EU for the benefit of those other than the US.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#64    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

I know man.

But you do see that the UK doesn't really have an opinion on things. They don't know what to do ( proven by the years of the YEs we'll leave to No, we're too scared) and they don't know why they don't know. The only thing they do know is populism. Which only gets them into more trouble. In the end they'll most likely listen to the USA because the UK is indeed it's lapdog (eyes and ears into the EU).

#65    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 6,953 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

View PostBr Cornelius, on 14 January 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

Your crazies have been sabotaging your membership of the EU since the UK went in, Thatchers rebate was specifically negotiated so that Britian couldn't avail of structural funding for its regions to rebuild its ailing industrial base - politically expedient but strategically dumb. They have also been pumping out anti-European propaganda through their anti-European right wing media. To say that the UK public is well informed about what EU membership has to offer is far fetched.  To say that the Conservative have been blaming the EU for the consequences of their mismanagement would be nearer to the point. If you do pull out, I wonder who they will seek to blame for the continuing decline of British Industry rather than pointing the finger at the spivs in the City who have been milking the country dry for a generation.

Interesting times indeed.

Br Cornelius

Amazing, the usual hypocritical sterotypes I suppose. Guardian readers, legends in most of their own minds when it comes to defending proletarian rights and democratic legitimacy, dogged in their highlighting of political slight of hands,opaqueness and downright dishonesty. Happy though to embrace a political union which no one in this Country or anywhere else in Europe has voted for or even been asked about. A top down project initiated by a political elite disinterested in the views or aspirations of voters, who demanded a re-run of the Irish plebiscite (the only one in Europe) when the first produced the wrong answer, where governments are imposed in order to save the faces of those behind the debacle of the single currency and lied about convergence criteria. Our own politicians, in three three main parties obfuscating or in total denial about the logical destination and consequences of the current direction of travel. This is autocracy by another name, I hope you are proud of yourselves.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#66    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,784 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I would love to live in a world where the little guy never got exploited by the big guy, or where David always conquered Goliath, but I live in the real world where the Little guy needs the support and protection of his neighbours to avoid the predatory interests of his bigger neighbours (USA, China, South American trading zone, etc). This is especially true when I have few natural assets at my disposal.

I don't know what world you live in isnotoutthere, but it certainly don't bare much relationship to the real one I have to muddle along in :tu:  

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 20 January 2013 - 10:47 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#67    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,784 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

View PostTheLastLazyGun, on 20 January 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Cameron's speech is to take place this week, probably Wednesday.  For the sake of his political future let's hope he announces an EU in/out referendum.
Cameron has been delaying this speech for about six months at this stage because he knows it is a sword of Damocles over his head. What ever he says he knows it will mean the end of his political career since if he says he will stay in he will be stabbed in the back by his backbenchers and if he says he will pull out the coalition will rapidly collapse since he cannot speak for the Government of the UK and advocate a pull out.
Cameron is only part of the UK government and so is neither free to speak his mind or that of his party. He always has been, and will remain, a weak advocate for remaining in the EU.

Doomed.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius, 20 January 2013 - 10:50 PM.

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users