Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

unbreakable phone which rolls up like paper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 14,194 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

"Samsung wowed an audience in Las Vegas this week with a working mobile phone screen which can be rolled and unrolled like a sheet of paper.

The screen kept working as it was rolled and unrolled - showing off that it is far more flexible than previous 'bendable' screens.

The screen uses the same OLED - organic LED - technology as many current smartphones, but encased in plastic instead of glass.

The prototype device is built to be "virtually unbreakable", Samsung claims"

more:
http://uk.news.yahoo...-145242413.html

It wasn’t the miners who got rich; it was the people selling picks and shovels. Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Wickian

Wickian

Doppelganger

• 4,611 posts

• Save it for Queen Doppelpoppellus!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

I am officially impressed.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,346 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Great news if its virtually unbreakable, maybe this time they will have a lifespan longer than my washing machine.
Was beginning to think they made phones not to last so you had to buy another one a year later. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users