Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Apophis

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,448 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Neil DeGrasse Tyson on Apophis
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 07:05s

Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson discusses Apophis, a large asteroid once thought to be a threat.

#2    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

twas an older video (2008) calculations have changed the trajectory.. but thanks for the scare...here is what was said on that.. thanks wikipedia.

View PostQuote

Its diameter is approximately 325 metres (1,066 ft).[3] As of the December 29, 2012 observation arc, the probability of an April 13, 2036 impact is considered to be 1 in 7,143,000.[4] Of objects not recently observed, there are about ten asteroids with a more notable Palermo Technical Impact Hazard Scale than Apophis.[10]

i sure love listening to that guy...he is a hoot

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#3    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,760 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

I agree. He is one of the finest.

Cant help thinking about the other side of the coin,... Richard Hoagland, Stanton Friedman, or some other snake-oil salesman. :lol:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users