Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could you take a life?

life death morals

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31    zzForrest

zzForrest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:10 AM

Once or twice i considered murder... I was always ready and able to do it but generally something stopped me... Every time i was some sort of delusional but something would snap me out of it.

#32    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:33 AM

never underestimate someone, we are all capable of wonderful and terrible things.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#33    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 13 January 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

never underestimate someone, we are all capable of wonderful and terrible things.

True but people seem to forget someone also includes yourself, if you never been in an extreme situation you might just scare yourself with what you are capable of.

#34    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostSean93, on 11 January 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

Simple question, could you take a life?

You're in a room with a man/Woman who'll kill millions of people when he/she leaves the room. You have one chance to kill this person then and there and no one will ever find out (police) etc. Do you do it? For me the answer is yes, I could if I felt strongly about it.
I don't think I would  if you put me in this situation.
It's nothing to do with physical strength and more to do with me being a law-abiding citizen.
However if this person is capable of killing millions of people then I'll be a pushover.
But what if this person is like Typhoid Mary and I can finish him or her just like that.
The person might not be armed and not even look like the type to kill with their bare hands.
Besides if I did kill the person I would need to be pretty brainy to defy the forensics department.
I'll have to make sure to get rid of all traces and scrub the place up pretty well.
Let's hope it's not a bloody death in case the cops decide to use Luminol.
I don't think my religious faith will make an iota of difference whatever I do.
Because I havn't got one to speak of.

Edited by Medium Brown, 14 January 2013 - 09:41 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#35    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

I have taken lives,It is what I was best at,1000 yard head shots all day long,But it's like I'm not proud to ever kill a human,to see someone who is shooting back and to have to put one in his body was the word of the day back in the gulf war.then the others that followed,My first kill still haunts me today,but it got easier.I hated days that I killed more than 3 insurgents,I was most happy when  not a shot was fired.But when the caca hit the fan....I was good at what I did and I was glad I did it,my fellow commrads were glad I was such a good shot and only for them did I clear the way for them.When I got back to the states a few years back I had to kill an intruder who was armed,little did he know that the house he invaded was someone who knew nothing but war,But to this day I hate killing and will only do so IF life is of no value to the perp.The lives of my family, friend and neighbors is of more value than mine and I will not hessetate one secound to shoot,But as for killing a human....I will have to answer to God one day and it is not something I am looking forword too,I mean what do I tell him....................

Edited by The Unseen, 14 January 2013 - 11:55 PM.

#36    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostzzForrest, on 13 January 2013 - 05:10 AM, said:

Once or twice i considered murder... I was always ready and able to do it but generally something stopped me... Every time i was some sort of delusional but something would snap me out of it.
Wow.I feel for you,I know of a few people here that I wouldnt mind snuffing out,but no they aren't worth the effort or even the bullit.Murder is no way to answer anything,Killing to save lives is diffrent,but to kill in cold blood.....there are better answers to problems that walk and talk,even though their mouths are smart and insulting and provoke muderous outcomes,it is always better to walk away..........but "IF" said one crosses the street infront of you ..who's to say your breaks quit working and you couldn't stop on time.........Na  things like that never happen.... :innocent:

#37    Theater of Dreams

Theater of Dreams

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 53 posts

• 'Open your eyes, Victoria!'

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostThe Unseen, on 14 January 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

I have taken lives,It is what I was best at,1000 yard head shots all day long,But it's like I'm not proud to ever kill a human,to see someone who is shooting back and to have to put one in his body was the word of the day back in the gulf war.then the others that followed,My first kill still haunts me today,but it got easier.I hated days that I killed more than 3 insurgents,I was most happy when  not a shot was fired.But when the caca hit the fan....I was good at what I did and I was glad I did it,my fellow commrads were glad I was such a good shot and only for them did I clear the way for them.When I got back to the states a few years back I had to kill an intruder who was armed,little did he know that the house he invaded was someone who knew nothing but war,But to this day I hate killing and will only do so IF life is of no value to the perp.The lives of my family, friend and neighbors is of more value than mine and I will not hessetate one secound to shoot,But as for killing a human....I will have to answer to God one day and it is not something I am looking forword too,I mean what do I tell him....................

Fantastic story you've got there, bud.

Dream Theater

#38    Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

• Stealthy messenger of the gods,
    Cunning and wise, reliable friend,
    Guide my steps through this maze of deception
    And see this problem to its end.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Here is something you can't understand, how I can just kill a man!

"Every time you pick up your guitar to play, play as if it's the last time." Clapton

Also tagged with life, death, morals

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users