Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Buzz Aldrin comments on UFO following Apollo

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#91    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postquillius, on 16 January 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

I think questions 1 and 2 are the important ones. 3,4 and 5 are all really point scoring between Jim and McG, I dont exactly see how,  whether 'joined during the Gemini Programme' meant worked on it or not has any relevance apart from winning a semantics battle.

The last part of question 2 seems to be a little loaded, his opinion as to why it didnt work on said astronauts is speculation and has no worth in this context IMO.

Jim, I would still like to understand the difference between a UFO and unusual visual phenomena and why/how the astronauts were able to differentiate. many thanks

Your points are ALL very well taken. As my post [above] stressed, let's keep the target in the crosshairs and not get distracted.

The only known copy on the Internet about an official Apollo-era NASA report on anomalous sightings and their significance is on my website, under the nickname that Mission Control used for them --  'Moon Pigeons'. I think it directly addresses your last point.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.jamesober...oonpigeons.html

Edited by JimOberg, 16 January 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#92    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

The only links I can find about moon pigeons are all made by you, Mr Oberg.
It's slightly difficult to verify something when all the posts are made by the one person.

#93    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 16 January 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Your points are ALL very well taken. As my post [above] stressed, let's keep the target in the crosshairs and not get distracted.

The only known copy on the Internet about an official Apollo-era NASA report on anomalous sightings and their significance is on my website, under the nickname that Mission Control used for them --  'Moon Pigeons'. I think it directly addresses your last point.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.jamesober...oonpigeons.html

thank you for taking the points onboard.

I have looked at the document on your link and read it twice, I think I need to look at it once again to try and reconcile it fully with my question.

If you do get a chance I would also appreciate your thoughts on the difference between UFOs and visual phenomena.

#94    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Jim,

The title is 'Moon pigeons and other unidentified visual phenomena associates with space flight'.......I am struggling to se the difference between the two?!?!

Is it that moon pigeons are the unidentifieds caught on camera versus just verbally reported visuals?

#95    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

View Postquillius, on 16 January 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

A very funny joke followed by a compliment to me......damn I have to now 'like it'...... :w00t: :alien:
I wasn't sarcastic, BTW.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#96    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 16 January 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

Maybe he has a hard time understanding Aussie accent ;)

:w00t: :tu:

View Postbmk1245, on 16 January 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

No chance. Quillius is a tough cookie, Great debater.

Indeed, I really wish some of these guys sitting on their hands wondering about how to stack rocks or how to understand E=MC2 would take a page from his book. Best debater from that side of the fence that I have seen on these boards in all the years I have been here.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#97    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

[...]
Indeed, I really wish some of these guys sitting on their hands wondering about how to stack rocks or how to understand E=MC2 would take a page from his book. Best debater from that side of the fence that I have seen on these boards in all the years I have been here.
Would be hard to type... Its rather one hand on the keyboard, one in the pants... :whistle:

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#98    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:51 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2013 - 04:03 AM, said:

Too believable? Come on mate. I have come to respect you, don't take it down a peg.

Do you honestly form one second think a mental patient or a known crackpot actually has managed to attain something of any value when much better have failed?

Do you honestly think you are the first person to give Leigh the time of day? If this had any significance, it is hard to consider it "buried" until now. Wether he deserves such time or not is another matter. However, I have tracked down some information for you.

LINK

His claim is that he shot a video of a UFO on a golf course, and that Greer stole it. I do not now if this video actually exists, I canot find it in Greers Disclosure site. This is supposedly a still from said video:

Posted Image

That my friend, is a street light. Possibly a carpark light.

Leigh babbles on about conspiracy and religion. I fail to see an attraction to be frank. If this is not a dead end, I will eat my hat.

Apparently Greer's lawyers asked Leigh not to pursue the matter, and he seems to have dropped it after that.

LINK

Honestly, this is not getting better as it goes along.

Isn't it a kicker that he shares his name with the guy that wore the Bigfoot suit.

As far as I can tell, he claims to have evaluated the video.

Amazing he has a doctorate, he never went to school. His B.S. degree is in teaching from Towson State Teacher’s College and he taught art for two years to grade school children. His speciality is "Metaphysics". And that really does not surprise me. The most grandiose claims always come from fringe elements who canot support what they say. Funny that, and not only that, they relationship seems proportional. The bigger the whacko, the more wild the story. I have not heard his "evaluation" but I sure as heck would like to. He also claims he can pick lottery numbers. I canot say his claims sound like those of a trustworthy man. I do not expect much from his "evaluation". From what I can tell, he is no more qualified to evaluate a UFO than you or I. Less if anything, as he has not displayed a level of objectivity.

This is the tin foil hat side of the phenomena as far as I am concerned. These idiots cannot hold a candle to Hawking, Sagan, Drake, Kaku, Greene and their colleagues. Those are the guys who will give you answers.

Here's another reference to the supposed video http://ufologie.patr....org/indexe.htm  Sorry, the link will not take directly to the exact page. On the left pane, click on "Videos", then under Table of Content, click on "Videos by Amateurs, 2"

What we have are references and still of the supposed video but no actual video are found anywhere on the net.

What p***ed me off is this Jason Greywolf Leigh walking around claiming to have shot one of the best daylight UFO footage in the history of the subject. He was interviewed and quoted in stories, but no one has asked him to show them the video? If they had and he couldn't come up with the footage, wouldn't they have dropped him faster than Paris Hilton drops her panties?
Even Mrs. Elmore-Moon, who did the first story of his UFO sighting, couldn't even asked for the footage? We must be living in the freaking twilight zone, where no one asked this guy the most important question of all, "WHERE'S THE FREAKING VIDEO?"

People keep bringing up the facts that the guy seemed nuts. I can see that, thank you. But nobody flat out say the guy never produced the video when asked. If the guy indeed failed to present the video when asked, then please point that out.
If anyone out there can get in contact with this guy, please ask him, "WHERE"S THE FREAKING VIDEO?". Until then, I will speak of this guy no more.

btw, Psyche, If you can see the photo is of a street light based on that resolution, I congratulates you on having one hell of an eyesight. :nw: Not saying you're wrong, though

Edited by SwampgasBalloonBoy, 17 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#99    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 17 January 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

Here's another reference to the supposed video http://ufologie.patr....org/indexe.htm  Sorry, the link will not take directly to the exact page. On the left pane, click on "Videos", then under Table of Content, click on "Videos by Amateurs, 2"

What we have are references and still of the supposed video but no actual video are found anywhere on the net.

What p***ed me off is this Jason Greywolf Leigh walking around claiming to have shot one of the best daylight UFO footage in the history of the subject. He was interviewed and quoted in stories, but no one has asked him to show them the video? If they had and he couldn't come up with the footage, wouldn't they have dropped him faster than Paris Hilton drops her panties?
Even Mrs. Elmore-Moon, who did the first story of his UFO sighting, couldn't even asked for the footage? We must be living in the freaking twilight zone, where no one asked this guy the most important question of all, "WHERE'S THE FREAKING VIDEO?"

People keep bringing up the facts that the guy seemed nuts. I can see that, thank you. But nobody flat out say the guy never produced the video when asked. If the guy indeed failed to present the video when asked, then please point that out.
If anyone out there can get in contact with this guy, please ask him, "WHERE"S THE FREAKING VIDEO?". Until then, I will speak of this guy no more.

I think nobody bothered because it is easy to anticipate the answer.

Stephen Greer has it.

Never mind about copies, with all important UFO films that "go missing" only one copy is ever made. Why Dr Bob cannot offer up a copy that he evaluated is even more of a mystery.

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 17 January 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

btw, Psyche, If you can see the photo is of a street light based on that resolution, I congratulates you on having one hell of an eyesight. :nw: Not saying you're wrong, though

LOL, mate I am a sparky by trade ;)

These days not on the tools so much, only for technical aspects mostly, but in design. I cost and design major installations and mate I reckon I could pick a street light at a kilometer in twilight LOL. I see so many of them I have dreams about them!

Interesting job, I have to not only know lights, but how they work. Differnt lamps give differnt lights. A car-park might want Metal Halide for security purposes, or sodium vapour lamps for the drivers, when you come out of a basement, you have to make sure the light distribution allows for human eyes to adjust to the sunlight, a morgue needs exact colours so corpses can be properly dissected an identified - colours are all important in an autopsy apparently. Throws are another aspect yet again. It's a complex field. Mate, I see and work on some interesting and varied installations. That happens when your a fossil ;)

Edited by psyche101, 17 January 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#100    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 16 January 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

Would be hard to type... Its rather one hand on the keyboard, one in the pants... :whistle:

That explains the leet posting! :rofl:

#101    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,049 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

View Postbmk1245, on 16 January 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

I wasn't sarcastic, BTW.

I never thought you were, the' funny joke' comment was in relation to

''Maybe he has a hard time understanding Aussie accent ;)''

#102    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 16 January 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Clever! You're trying to shift the debate into an irrelevant sideshow. The question is -- what credible evidence does he provide that astronauts encountered UFOs during Apollo. You suddenly seem VERY disinterested in that theme.

No, I am never disinterested in that theme, but I was merely pointing out the sources of the statement that David Baker worked for NASA twenty years.  

As far what I said about UFOs, I have already posted everything I could find about that.  He said that they were real, that quite a few astronauts saw them, and that NASA discouraged any public discussion of them.  None of that is exactly new or surprising information to me, but just confirms what I have known all along.

#103    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

View Postquillius, on 16 January 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

I think questions 1 and 2 are the important ones. 3,4 and 5 are all really point scoring between Jim and McG, I dont exactly see how,  whether 'joined during the Gemini Programme' meant worked on it or not has any relevance apart from winning a semantics battle.

I'm not really trying to "score points' with Oberg, but was merely showing where I got the information about David Baker having a PhD before he went to work for NASA is 1965 and that he was employed by the space agency for almost twenty years.  He has written quite a few books about space as well. a lot more than Oberg, in fact.  I don't know if he was 17 when he got his PhD, but I kind of doubt it.  LOL

When he saws that UFOs were real and that NASA doesn't like to talk about this subject, I have no reason to doubt him, since that conforms with everything we already know about this particular subject.  Anybody who isn't aware of that by this late date should just go back to sleep.  

Baker is not the only former NASA employee who has said this over the years--far from it--and in fact Oberg is the run who generally runs counters to what most of teh others have said on this subject, at least those who have said anything at all.

We have discussed this many times at UM.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 17 January 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#104    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Has anyone raised this incident here recently?

http://english.pravd...18195-angels-0/

Edited by zoser, 19 January 2013 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

#105    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postzoser, on 19 January 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

Lets see...

In 1985, there were six crewmembers on board the Soviet Salyut-7 space station. They were cosmonauts Leonid Kizim, Oleg Atkov, Vladimir Solovyov, Svetlana Savitskaya, Igor Volk and Vladimir Jannibekov.
If author of the article is unable to check simple FACTS, you can be sure that the rest of it is BS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users