Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Largest structure in the universe discovered

quasars large quasar group lqg

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#46    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,688 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 14 January 2013 - 05:57 AM, said:

Joc,I don't want to sound trite, but I wonder if your chickens look up sometimes and wonder as well. :)
I seriously doubt it...chickens don't 'wonder' about anything...they don't even wonder whether the styra-foam they are eating is edible...and...just before it gets dark they all go inside their coop which is a 4' x 4' cube...they never see the night sky.

i have wondered this, (not about Joc`s chickens), but about animals in general.....do they look up at the sky and wonder or do they just concentrate on the natural world surrounding them on Earth only?
We have a lot of coyotes and they howl at the moon...or at least I think they do...interesting question that I too have pondered.

Edited by joc, 14 January 2013 - 07:37 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#47    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 32,100 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 14 January 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

do they look up at the sky and wonder or do they just concentrate on the natural world surrounding them on Earth only?
Many birds have been shown to be capable of navigating by the stars but what goes on in their mind is a mystery to all except them.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users