Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ohio School Janitors To Carry Handguns

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#46    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

No employee under the direct supervision of students will be carrying a firearm at school.
================================================================================

Just asking! should this not say "over". may have read it wrong.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#47    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

it is a small rural town only 4 ppl are to be armed, in towns like that everyone knows everyone, sherrifs, teachers, store clerks.... i'm sure they know who they make carry guns.
yeah saw that bit after.
Will other schools  will be wanting the same protection for their children in times to come I wonder?

Edited by freetoroam, 11 January 2013 - 10:15 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#48    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,052 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

assumption?? that school board knows better than him??? lol, it is pretty much  fact.

Yeah, because it's never been said "I've know him for years.  He was a nice quiet guy.  I would have never expected it from him."

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM, said:

its the not bothering or slacking off that concerns me, Huntleys incident was rare, gun shootings in the US not so, which means a whole lot more work involved.

Every time I hear that name Ian Huntley, I cringe..His crime has long burned into the minds of many to this very day..I STILL can see that b*****ds face as I think about it....  Anyway, I would reckon they would do heavy background checks of all their employees.. I don't think it would be wise to put any child at risk with someone who was mentally touched

Someone slacked off here, whos going to make sure no one slacks off there?   

See that's the thing, I believe back then someone did slack off..  It's like social workers in the UK and Ireland.. You can get so many of them that are true to their job and wont miss a beat.. Then you hear of some that turn a blind eye to  child abuse.. Next thing you know, out pops a news story of how a social worker failed to do their jobs properly and some child was beaten to death... Actually this was very true a few years ago..A social worker noted that a little girl had no signs of abuse.. Days later, the 4 year old was found beaten to death by her mom and mom's boyfriend...There were bruises and injuries that were weeks old at the time..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 11 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,052 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

yeah saw that bit after.
Will other schools  will be wanting the same protection for their children in times to come I wonder?

Most schools in our Metro area have county deputies stationed at the schools.  Have for years.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#51    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,094 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 11 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

yeah saw that bit after.

Still not reassuring, you cannot be more rural than La Crosse, Wisconsin. But that did not stop Ed Gein at all

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

View Postaztek, on 11 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

assumption?? that school board knows better than him??? lol, it is pretty much  fact.

I meant that he knew better than them..  He is not saying he knows better, he is giving an opinion..

#53    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,546 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 11 January 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Most schools in our Metro area have county deputies stationed at the schools.  Have for years.

Nibs

Yeah, a lot of schools have armed security and even some private schools have principles or other responsible adult that have guns on hand. This isn't really anything new.

#54    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

Still not reassuring, you cannot be more rural than La Crosse, Wisconsin. But that did not stop Ed Gein at all

Ed Gein was driven mad by his mother and father..   He killed his brother..  Movies have loosely based movies on Ed Geins life  .. Psycho.. Silence Of The Lambs  and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

#55    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 11 January 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

you have just got there before me.....was just about to put Ed Gein!

#56    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 January 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

Ed Gein was driven mad by his mother and father..   He killed his brother..  Movies have loosely based movies on Ed Geins life  .. Psycho.. Silence Of The Lambs  and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Yes, but this was in relation to  "but they were so nice / always a bit strange, but murder?"
i was about to mention Ed Gein  myself but questionmark got there first.
The reason Ed Gein, because it too was a small community where every "knew' each other.

#57    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

View PostHerNibs, on 11 January 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

Nibs

Well then, why are people going buck moon  at the very idea now?   If they have been doing it for years, then obviously no one had an issue then?     Do you think that if people knew that the school was armed, it would make them think twice before going in to kill ?

I had no idea that any school had any protection...Now that I have read your post, it got me thinking.. if it has already been done, why are people fretting over it now?   Does that make sense?

#58    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,094 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 January 2013 - 10:23 PM, said:

And nobody expected him to do anything gruesome, nor did they understand that he was crazy, until they found Bernice Worden hanging in his shed being de-boned. And that is my point.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#59    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,676 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 January 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Well then, why are people going buck moon  at the very idea now?   If they have been doing it for years, then obviously no one had an issue then? Do you think that if people knew that the school was armed, it would make them think twice before going in to kill ?

I had no idea that any school had any protection...Now that I have read your post, it got me thinking.. if it has already been done, why are people fretting over it now?   Does that make sense?
I very much doubt that someone armed to the hills knowing they will get gunned down anyway, is going to be deterred by an armed janitor.

#60    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,052 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 11 January 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Well then, why are people going buck moon  at the very idea now?   If they have been doing it for years, then obviously no one had an issue then? Do you think that if people knew that the school was armed, it would make them think twice before going in to kill ?

Different state.  :)

I'm in Colorado.

Columbine had an armed deputy.

Nibs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users