Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 1 votes

The True Meaning of Life

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#1    Blueogre2

Blueogre2

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Greetings forum. Today I had a random thought that I felt was good enough to write down and share. Many people have commented on the meaning of life, most of whom are far more qualified then I am to discuss such things, but nevertheless I felt I could throw my two cents in anyway. The real reason for living is not money, or pleasure, or even to serve other people. Neither is it found in devoting oneself to a god. No, the true meaning is in letting go of ones own humanity. Allow me to explain. Everything that has every been put forward as the goal of life is actually quite mundane when examined closely. Money is nice, but it won't satisfy all your needs. Pleasure is nice but it ultimately causes you to become intoxicated and lose sight of the big picture. Serving others is nice but in the end you will find that most people are not worth the effort. Devoting yourself to a religion is nice, but it can cause you to become disconected from reality. But what is truly good? Setting your sights on greater things beyond the limits of the human condition. Attempting to evolve into a higher state of being. How is this to be done? I myself do not know, but it seems to me that it would be worth investigating. But enough about my thoughts I want to know what others think

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 8,534 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

interesting, but while i am here a pleasurable life and a enough money to keep me going is all I require. what I have discovered is there is no point in asking anything out of life, and certainly not relying on getting it when you do, saves an awful lot of embarrassment and disappointment. Personally, my meaning in life is to enjoy it while I can and whatever I want, try to get it myself, if i fail I only have myself to blame but still have the ability to move on.
I have come to realise I am apart of something more bigger than I can ever imagine, i am just a mere leaf on a very big evergreen tree, and as long as I respect that, then I am happy and so is the tree with me.
When my leaf falls, it is not the end of the tree, that keeps me content to know that.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

All that would still serve no purpose and be a waste of time. Essentially, without God there is no meaning and nothing makes sense. Simple as that.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#4    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,534 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

All that would still serve no purpose and be a waste of time. Essentially, without God there is no meaning and nothing makes sense. Simple as that.
In your opinion, if thats how you deal with life then thats just fine....but its not everyones path. Personally respecting nature and what it has to offer makes far more sense to me, but thats because I know nature can do more damage to man if hes abuses it, it can also do harm if he doesn`t sometimes, so trying to live with it and respect it is far more beneficial than relying on some figment to save you....but hey! thats just my opinion.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#5    Drayno

Drayno

Bounty Hunter

• 3,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

Eh, in my opinion life is devoid of meaning.

"Let us sit upon the ground and tell sad stories of the death of kings."
- William Shakespeare, Richard II, Act III, Scene II
Posted Image

#6    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,087 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

View PostBlueogre2, on 12 January 2013 - 12:22 AM, said:

Greetings forum. Today I had a random thought that I felt was good enough to write down and share. Many people have commented on the meaning of life, most of whom are far more qualified then I am to discuss such things, but nevertheless I felt I could throw my two cents in anyway. The real reason for living is not money, or pleasure, or even to serve other people. Neither is it found in devoting oneself to a god. No, the true meaning is in letting go of ones own humanity. Allow me to explain. Everything that has every been put forward as the goal of life is actually quite mundane when examined closely. Money is nice, but it won't satisfy all your needs. Pleasure is nice but it ultimately causes you to become intoxicated and lose sight of the big picture. Serving others is nice but in the end you will find that most people are not worth the effort. Devoting yourself to a religion is nice, but it can cause you to become disconected from reality. But what is truly good? Setting your sights on greater things beyond the limits of the human condition. Attempting to evolve into a higher state of being. How is this to be done? I myself do not know, but it seems to me that it would be worth investigating. But enough about my thoughts I want to know what others think
I think that Jesus, Buddha and a great many other gurus and spirituals leaders have already been investigating.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#7    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 January 2013 - 12:37 AM, said:

In your opinion, if thats how you deal with life then thats just fine....but its not everyones path. Personally respecting nature and what it has to offer makes far more sense to me, but thats because I know nature can do more damage to man if hes abuses it, it can also do harm if he doesn`t sometimes, so trying to live with it and respect it is far more beneficial than relying on some figment to save you....but hey! thats just my opinion.

My point is simply the fact that one day you'll die, the earth will collide with the sun, all the stars in the universe will run outta fuel and go dark, and then there'll be nothing again just like before the universe's existance. If you find your way of communing with nature fun then more power to ya. Fact is though it's still has no meaning whatsoever.

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos, 12 January 2013 - 12:45 AM.

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#8    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 8,534 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

My point is simply the fact that one day you'll die, the earth will collide with the sun, all the stars in the universe will run outta fuel and go dark, and then there'll be nothing again just like before the universe's existance. If you find your way of communing with nature fun then more power to ya. Fact is though it's still has no meaning whatsoever.
Maybe is hasn`t, but while I am stuck here I might as well make the most of it. :w00t:

#9    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

The meaning of life.. is that which you give it... best to be as true to your vision of what the meaning of life is..lest you become hypocrite.... if one thing has been shown to be true time and time again... your life as  you know it on this earth will one day cease.. it could be tomorrow.. it could be 100 years from now

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#10    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 12 January 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

Maybe is hasn`t, but while I am stuck here I might as well make the most of it. :w00t:

Posted Image

Well then, have fun! :D

Posted Image

#11    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,050 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

As Frasier Crane once said, 'I suppose the best we can do is live for the little gifts and surprises life affords us.'

There's meaning when given meaning.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,952 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

I think the true meaning of life is different for everyone.

#13    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God. Father, as the "Dazzling Darkness."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hi Blueogre2,

My life has led me back to Jesus Christ and the promise of Paradise. I'm just sharing with you my journey, and each one has to follow his or her own path.

If you care to know more why I made this life-changing decision, please follow the link:

http://www.unexplain...0

Peace.

Paul

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
“Moses approached the dark cloud where God was.”

#14    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

The True Meaning of Life is the improving through incarnations, every incarnation helps us to arrive in spiritual awakening, at the end of this improving people that are level of animal, rise the level of human and reach the holiness/the divinity along with coming that level, and then they get rid of the reincarnation regulation.The all order you have seen, serves to this main goal that people should be spiritual beings (even you are one of the pieces of this plan).

Edited by Muzzybluezzy, 28 January 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#15    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,804 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 12 January 2013 - 12:32 AM, said:

God decides what is meaningful because he says so? Adding God doesn't make anymore sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users