Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Do Animals go to Heaven?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#46    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,448 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 12 January 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I clicked on your signature and watched the two videos of your wolf / dog Sakari .. I must say, I really enjoyed the videos, she looked beautiful and playful ..I also liked the look of the black dog that I caught a glimpse of..

Thank You Beckys Mom......The 2 black dogs are rescued " mutts", both were very sweet also. Sakari just had something special about her. They are all in Urns now, and in a nice cabinet, with cards and such. All to be buried with me and the wife, and any future members of our family. We have 2 Shkiperkees now ( spelling )......We went from large dogs and a Wolf, to little dudes.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#47    marchwulf

marchwulf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

You proclaim the love of Jesus Christ. Yet you would walk past your own brother in his time of need. I have found In my many travels that the biggest a- holes were so- called "Christians". Or as I call them,"Modern Day Pharisees". The Lord loved All, including animals. you self appointed sob's

#48    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

No one cares......Humans suck.

Sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake in losing faith in humanity; thanks for helping me solidify my choice, I feel better now.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 January 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

Thank You Beckys Mom......The 2 black dogs are rescued " mutts", both were very sweet also. Sakari just had something special about her. They are all in Urns now, and in a nice cabinet, with cards and such. All to be buried with me and the wife, and any future members of our family. We have 2 Shkiperkees now ( spelling )......We went from large dogs and a Wolf, to little dudes.

We had a rescued  young dog / pup once.. A Springer Spaniel we named Charlie..Every time we took him to the park, he always got hissed at by the swans and he never learned his lesson  lol.. He lived until he was over 14 years, but had to be put down in the end because he was almost blind and took ill, poor old boy just couldn't hack it ..We keep pictures of him up at home

I think schipperkes are lovely little dogs.. Here is a newborn  pup so cute - http://www.gotpetson...chipperke-0014/

I like this one though - http://www.google.co...289&tx=77&ty=65    They are nice in both black and white dogs

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 January 2013 - 09:27 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

View Postmarchwulf, on 12 January 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

You proclaim the love of Jesus Christ. Yet you would walk past your own brother in his time of need. I have found In my many travels that the biggest a- holes were so- called "Christians". Or as I call them,"Modern Day Pharisees". The Lord loved All, including animals. you self appointed sob's

Who are you aiming at ?

#51    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Mostly Harmless

• 11,332 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

When I was a kid I got into that with a peacher. He said no, animals don't have souls. I told him I am not going then, so there isn't much point in me going to church. I was told that several times as I was growing up and it was one reason I bumped Christianity when I turned 18.

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost; for none now live who remember it."  Galadriel

#52    marchwulf

marchwulf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

A lot of the people( some, not a lot), seem to think they are on a first name basis with Jesus Christ. Wow. I should go out and see if I wish I was that incredible. He knows who I am. That's all that matters. These said people seem to think that by being a friend of Jesus it gives them licence to be an a-hole.I can count the names in my town.

#53    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

I do think animals will go to heaven. If you look at:

"The visible universe, then, is itself destined to be transformed, "so that the world itself, restored to its original state, facing no further obstacles, should be at the service of the just," sharing their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ" (CCC 1047).

As animals are part of the "visible universe"  this then can give us hope that it may be possible that they too might share in "their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ."

Edited by Star of the Sea, 12 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

#54    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

View Postmarchwulf, on 12 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

These said people seem to think that by being a friend of Jesus it gives them licence to be an a-hole.I can count the names in my town.

So, you are cheesed off because you don't have your own licence?  or was it revoked ?

I'm kidding, but you do have some issues with Christians  lol..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 12 January 2013 - 10:09 PM.

#55    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

View Postmarchwulf, on 12 January 2013 - 09:47 PM, said:

A lot of the people( some, not a lot), seem to think they are on a first name basis with Jesus Christ. Wow. I should go out and see if I wish I was that incredible. He knows who I am. That's all that matters. These said people seem to think that by being a friend of Jesus it gives them licence to be an a-hole.I can count the names in my town.

I don't deny that there are a lot of so called "Christians" that claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, but do the complete opposite of his teachings. However not all are, therefore it doesn't mean that God or Jesus Christ should be blamed and/or scrutinized over certain people's wrong doing.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#56    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostStar of the Sea, on 12 January 2013 - 09:51 PM, said:

I do think animals will go to heaven. If you look at:

"The visible universe, then, is itself destined to be transformed, "so that the world itself, restored to its original state, facing no further obstacles, should be at the service of the just," sharing their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ" (CCC 1047).

As animals are part of the "visible universe"  this then can give us hope that it may be possible that they too might share in "their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ."
See I like that, also I think that if all creatures of the earth are God's as mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread aka: "all God's creatures" is a common theme in the world, then really we are just borrowing HIS pets :P , they may be better servants than we ever were, in fact I am sure that is so.  My own pets have done a great deal of good for me in my life with their unconditional love and loyalty, not to mention the sheer boon of laughter and playfulness they provide.  I am not the final word in the "rewards" due to them for the joy they provide me thinks, it would hardly be fair compensation if that were so.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#57    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• 1,614 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

There is no "heaven", so the question itself is absurd.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." (Salman Rushdie)

#58    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,568 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

I don't believe animals go to heaven, humans included.

#59    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,179 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostSakari, on 12 January 2013 - 05:01 PM, said:

Look at the bold, watch the videos......

I believe the dog lived......One risking it's life to save another.

No one cares......Humans suck.

This kinda proves that animals are altruistic

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#60    Star of the Sea

Star of the Sea

Pienso en ti siempre

• 1,897 posts

• 'The light of the world'

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 13 January 2013 - 12:46 AM, said:

See I like that, also I think that if all creatures of the earth are God's as mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread aka: "all God's creatures" is a common theme in the world, then really we are just borrowing HIS pets :P , they may be better servants than we ever were, in fact I am sure that is so.  My own pets have done a great deal of good for me in my life with their unconditional love and loyalty, not to mention the sheer boon of laughter and playfulness they provide.  I am not the final word in the "rewards" due to them for the joy they provide me thinks, it would hardly be fair compensation if that were so.

Agreed libstaK! I think God gave us our pets to show us what real 'unconditional love is'. If only more people would see what a pure example of goodness they are.

"Love one another as I have loved you" John 15:9-17

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users