Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

What book did you buy?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,017 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Let's see :

Khubilai Khan Lord of Xanadu, Emperor of China by Jonathan Clements
Sons and Lovers by DH Lawrence
THe Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
Inferno by Dante
Filth by Irvine Welsh
THe Word According to Eve, Women and the Bible in Ancient Times and in Our Own by Cullen Murphy

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#17    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

I usually go to my local library, but I did pick up a cookbook a few weeks back from the resale shop for a dollar. The Whole Grain Baking Sampler.

#18    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,964 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

The last two books I bought were "Ready Player One" by Ernest Cline, and "A Memory of Light", the final book in the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (and Brandon Sanderson).  Both books are highly recommended, despite their various flaws.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 09 March 2013 - 07:13 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#19    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

Woot!I've bought the last remaining John Birmingham book " Without Warning"!

Edited by Medium Brown, 16 March 2013 - 04:01 PM.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#20    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

I did some second hand bookstore shopping:

The Palestine Triangle: The Struggle For The Holy Land, 1935-48 by Nicholas Bethell

Terror Out Of Zion: Irgun Zvai Leumi, LEHI, and The Palestine Underground, 1929-1949 by J Bowyer Bell

By Blood & Fire July 22 1946: The Attack On The King David Hotel by Thurston Clarke

EDIT:

The Lion And The Eagle: The Tragedy Of American-Iranian Relations by James A Bill

Edited by B Jenkins, 18 May 2013 - 07:27 PM.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#21    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:11 AM

When I check out the sources cited by author's who have written on Israel and Palestine subject I've read rarely fail not to list this individual:

Taking Sides: America's Secret Relations With A Militant Israel by Stephen J Green

and its sequel

Living By The Sword: America And Israel In The Middle East, 1968-87 by Stephen J Green

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#22    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Fantastic Planet

#23    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:34 PM

America And The Founding Of Israel: An Investigation Of The Morality Of America's Role by John W Mulhall

Assault On The Liberty: The True Story Of The Israeli Attack On An American Intelligence Ship by James M Ennes Jr

The Attack On The Liberty: The Untold Story Of Israel's Deadly 1967 On A U.S. Spy Ship by James Scott

None So Blind: A Personal Account Of The Intelligence Failure In Vietnam by George W Allen

Slow Burn by Orrin Deforrest

War Of Numbers: An Intelligence Memoir by Sam Adams

War Without Windows by Bruce E Jones

Who The Hell Are We Fighting? The Sam Adams Story And The Vietnam Intelligence Wars by C Michael Haim

#24    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 09:01 PM

Bargain books I found yesterday:

When Hell Froze Over: The Secret War Between The U.S. And Russia At The Top Of The World by E.M. Halliday

(this book is about the little known/little remembered American invasion of North Russia in 1918-1919, by the American Expeditionary Force and 339th Infantry)

John Paul Jones: A Sailor's Biography by Samuel Eliot Morison

Planet Of The Apes by Pierre Boulle

#25    GoSC

GoSC

• 2,615 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I bougth all these books at a local thriftstore, they were all in good readable condition, for a mere $11 bucks ta boot. Whether they are excellent or average, or bad history does not matter at this bargain.

Duel of Eagles - Peter Townsend

A History Of Israel: From the rise of Zionism to our time - Howard M Sachar

The Life, Times, & Treacherous Death of Jesse James - Frank Triplett

The Ottoman Centuries: The Rise and Fall of the Turkish Empire - Lord Kinross

Unit 731: Japan's Secret Biological Warfare In World War II - David Wallace & Peter Williams (remember my friends treating me to one of the more disturbing Chinese horror films I have ever seen called Men Behind The Sun which was about Unit 731, bad bad film but put this terrible little known piece of history on the map personally.)

Edited by GoSC, 02 November 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#26    No-thingBornPassion

No-thingBornPassion

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

• (Christian) Gnosticism also has the Holy Spirit, Christ(os), Jesus, LOVE...and God.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Gruau

https://www.youtube....ix3pVUX86yBWWzS  (playlist )    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008232820397

According to Gnosticism, Christ came to world to give us a way out; so, why is Gnosticism so secretive and elitist when it comes to salvation??
My Lord is not a judge but a loving Divine Being. Love is our natural state, and it also demands us to grow up. Our conscience tells us when we are not in that state of love.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users