Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Politicians like Percy Wetmore in Green Mile

nra gun lobby law mass shooting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,643 posts

• ראה

Posted 12 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

The recent political posturing surrounding the U.S. gun lobby, remind me of Percy Wetmore in the movie, "The Green Mile." The misfits can't wait to see an execution, and they're like a dry sponge when it comes to ideas.

Since gun ownership is a fundamental right, no license should be required. It's counterproductive and why we have the NRA.

However, to buy a gun you will have to pass a psychological test. To own a gun now, you will have to pass a psychological test. To trade or sell a gun, you have to pass a tougher psychological test.

We charge a fee for the uniform testing and this goes towards helping people who don't pass, but you still don't license the weapons; just issue a certificate that you're mentally competent to own. As long as you pass the test, you can own your guns ANYONYMOUSLY, but to carry a concealed weapon, would require a license and a tougher psychological test.

Get rid of the license to own guns, and you'll kill the NRA. They'll NEVER lobby for those who can't pass a psychological test.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 12 January 2013 - 09:08 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#2    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,203 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 12 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

The recent political posturing surrounding the U.S. gun lobby, remind me of Percy Wetmore in the movie, "The Green Mile." The misfits can't wait to see an execution, and they're like a dry sponge when it comes to ideas.

Since gun ownership is a fundamental right, no license should be required. It's counterproductive and why we have the NRA.

However, to buy a gun you will have to pass a psychological test. To own a gun now, you will have to pass a psychological test. To trade or sell a gun, you have to pass a tougher psychological test.

We charge a fee for the uniform testing and this goes towards helping people who don't pass, but you still don't license the weapons; just issue a certificate that you're mentally competent to own. As long as you pass the test, you can own your guns ANYONYMOUSLY, but to carry a concealed weapon, would require a license and a tougher psychological test.

Get rid of the license to own guns, and you'll kill the NRA. They'll NEVER lobby for those who can't pass a psychological test.

Wanna bet?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#3    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostRaptor Witness, on 12 January 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Not all states require licenses or permit to own, only to carry concealed. So, this idea is pretty pointless.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#4    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

Savant

• 2,643 posts

• ראה

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Many jurisdictions are considering issuing more licenses/permits for various types of weapons. My argument is simply that it's the wrong direction to go in.

I'm not concerned about the mentally healthy owning assault rifles. In fact, I believe that law abiding citizens have the right to own these, including large magazine clips.

The reason is simple; no government can be trusted to secure individual safety of the people in a real crisis. How many police officers left their posts following hurricane Katrina? That was a relatively small crisis.

Imagine what would happen if a million citizens died in just a few days. This government would cease to exist as we know it, and tyranny would almost certainly emerge.

Edited by Raptor Witness, 13 January 2013 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

Also tagged with nra, gun, lobby, law, mass shooting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users