Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Florida holds Burmese python hunting contest

burmese python florida everglades python challenge

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,243 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:10 AM

Who was there first now? That's right kill them all and enjoy it when doing so. Sicko mentalities. Humans are so stupid, trophy hungry greed mongers!

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#17    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 14 January 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Who was there first now? That's right kill them all and enjoy it when doing so. Sicko mentalities. Humans are so stupid, trophy hungry greed mongers!

Thank you ... you're so kind with us lower life forms!

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#18    Odin11

Odin11

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

• I like your Christ.
    I do not like your Christians.
    They are so unlike your Christ.
    -Gandhi-

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 14 January 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

Not the Burmese python that’s for sure. I’m against trophy hunting and killing just to kill. But the Burmese python is an invasive species; do you know what that means? If left unchecked they can do untold damage to the Everglades. It may not be that bad now but it will get there. If they’re not stopped now they can be like the Cane toads in Australia, or the Asian carp working there way up the U.S. water ways.

Like I said, I’m against killing just to kill and trophy hunting, that’s why I said I hope the people are using the animals that they kill. But if they’re not, at less they’re not out over hunting species that may become endangered.

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." -Voltaire

Geology shows that fossils are of different ages. Paleontology shows a fossil sequence, the list of species represented changes through time. Taxonomy shows biological relationships among species. Evolution is the explanation that threads it all together. Creationism is the practice of squeezing one's eyes shut and wailing "Does not!" ~Author Unknown

#19    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,243 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostParacelse, on 14 January 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

Thank you ... you're so kind with us lower life forms!

Just passionate about all animals, I try my best. :P

View PostOdin11, on 14 January 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Not the Burmese python thatís for sure. Iím against trophy hunting and killing just to kill. But the Burmese python is an invasive species; do you know what that means? If left unchecked they can do untold damage to the Everglades. It may not be that bad now but it will get there. If theyíre not stopped now they can be like the Cane toads in Australia, or the Asian carp working there way up the U.S. water ways.

Like I said, Iím against killing just to kill and trophy hunting, thatís why I said I hope the people are using the animals that they kill. But if theyíre not, at less theyíre not out over hunting species that may become endangered.

How did they all get there?

Edited by xCrimsonx, 14 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

Posted Image

#20    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,272 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

People released them when they got tired of caring for them or got too big. Some escaped from pet shops during hurricanes. They are doing a lot of damage to the natural wild life. They eat everything. They don't really have any natural enemies.  At this point whe are not going to get rid of all of them, but we can make a dent.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#21    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 14 January 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

Just passionate about all animals, I try my best. :P

I love animals also, I do everything to protect them but just as Darkwind says they are invasive species that are more harm than not.  Since I moved to France few years back I found a new specie of Beetle and they are really nasty.  They resist winter freezing temps and even bug killer.  And they eat everything too?  Last year all my gooseberries were in one day.  That is when I decided to use nicotine as a bug spray..  I still found one few days ago, managed to enter my bedroom to escape below freezing temperatures.

Edited by Paracelse, 15 January 2013 - 06:22 AM.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#22    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,243 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

If I had a Burmese python I'd never let him go! <3  :(Haven't had a gooseberry in a very long while, better luck for the next season Paracelse!

Out numbered by a "pest" is a worry, I would hope they could utilise the meat and the skins for something productive.

Pet meat for other reptiles and Lil furry animals, maybe donate the skins to Museums, leather work, arts and crafts the options are endless and could well make a difference. Where I come from you do your best to waste nothing.

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

Posted Image

#23    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 15 January 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

If I had a Burmese python I'd never let him go! <3  :(Haven't had a gooseberry in a very long while, better luck for the next season Paracelse!

Out numbered by a "pest" is a worry, I would hope they could utilise the meat and the skins for something productive.

Pet meat for other reptiles and Lil furry animals, maybe donate the skins to Museums, leather work, arts and crafts the options are endless and could well make a difference. Where I come from you do your best to waste nothing.
Since I'm not part of the 1% I never waste anything.. I know how to use every bit of food and how to make healthy stuff out of anything ... so if I came across a Burmese python in Lorraine, everything in it would be used for something (fortunately I will never be faced by this problem even if I ever return to the States as I would move back to CO and it's too cold in both places).

République No.6

#24    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,272 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Python skin boots, on my wish list. :rolleyes:

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users