Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ancient Pompeians Could Go Upstairs to Pee

pompeii toilets

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,649 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

The residents of the ancient city of Pompeii weren't limited to street-level plumbing, a new study finds. In fact, many in the city may have headed upstairs when nature called.

Most second floors in the Roman city are gone, claimed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius that destroyed Pompeii in A.D. 79. But vertical pipes leading to lost second stories strongly suggest that there were once toilets up there, according to a new analysis by A. Kate Trusler, a doctoral candidate in anthropology at the University of Missouri.

http://news.yahoo.co...-133754642.html

Posted Image

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,364 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

The Romans mastered the pouring of concrete UNDERWATER.  Their civilization was built on engineering we still marvel at...awesome!  Too bad they were such a bloodthirsty lot.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

he Romans mastered the pouring of concrete UNDERWATER.  Their civilization was built on engineering we still marvel at...awesome!  Too bad they were such a bloodthirsty lot.

You need to be a blood thirsty lot to thrive in those days (and these days too, to an extent). :o

#4    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Umm... Okay then...

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users