Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Space station UFO sightings on the rise

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I also share the belief that we are not alone, but with literally billions of bits of junk up there; I think its more likely that it is space junk rather than an alien craft. Also, yes other countries have declassified alleged UFO files; but they were only classified mostly due to cold-war paranoia and after reading through quite a few of them; I can't understand why they were classified in the first place, they're that mundane.

I wish people would stop assuming agencies know more than they're telling us - think of the massive amounts of public funding NASA could get even if they only hinted at finding life somewhere.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#17    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,465 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

There's so many satellites and space debris up there it could be anything including a UFO.

#18    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,495 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostRobbo, on 13 January 2013 - 09:35 PM, said:

I also share the belief that we are not alone, but with literally billions of bits of junk up there; I think its more likely that it is space junk rather than an alien craft. Also, yes other countries have declassified alleged UFO files; but they were only classified mostly due to cold-war paranoia and after reading through quite a few of them; I can't understand why they were classified in the first place, they're that mundane.

I wish people would stop assuming agencies know more than they're telling us - think of the massive amounts of public funding NASA could get even if they only hinted at finding life somewhere.

You have to understand all the space junk up there is traveling to fast to be seen or recorded on video.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#19    Majikwayz

Majikwayz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

i would have went with its a satellite but ive seen these objects change direction at high speeds in some of these NASA videos....i want to know what these shiny things are that are flying around!!

#20    Majikwayz

Majikwayz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je7-eT7fFyg

#21    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Broad statement, pretty sure the more massive pieces are visible.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#22    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,846 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

One day someone will become very rich  when they build a system to gather it all up !  Maybe it can be you ? :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#23    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

• A man's worth is no greater than his ambitions.

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

View Postlost_shaman, on 13 January 2013 - 09:55 PM, said:

You have to understand all the space junk up there is traveling to fast to be seen or recorded on video.

Well the way it works is that the ISS is travelling at thousands of Km/h itself, and many of the objects will have similar orbits. So they will appear to be moving slowly in relation to the ISS.
Just like being on a busy highway.

Edited by ad hoc, 13 January 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#24    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,978 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

I bet 80 pecent of them videos are real aliens.some could be space junk.

#25    DKO

DKO

Ω is Futile.

• 1,837 posts

• When you hear hoofbeats behind you, don't expect to see a zebra - Unless you're in Africa...

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

View Postsjlennon, on 13 January 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

you mean you were watching soccer, silentsinger.  football in the united states is real football.

Australians would say Aussie Rules Football is the real football. :P

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe it. - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

Confucius Says:

Man who runs behind car gets exhausted.

Man who wants pretty nurse must be patient.

#26    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

View Postsilentsinger, on 13 January 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

I must admit i only watched this with one eye, the other one is watching football (not the american kind, but real football! :yes: :D )

View Postsjlennon, on 13 January 2013 - 09:14 PM, said:

you mean you were watching soccer, silentsinger.  football in the united states is real football.

View PostAREA__51, on 13 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

We Americans played soccer in grade school. Usually when you grow up you start  playing real sports.

Exactly.

yawn. :passifier:

#27    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

View PostAREA__51, on 13 January 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

We Americans played soccer in grade school. Usually when you grow up you start  playing real sports.

Exactly.

You mean when people grow up, they sit on their couch watching the pros play?

Back to the topic. I don't know why NASA have such poor quality footage? You would think they can get better camera, is that the best money could buy?

#28    S2F

S2F

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,737 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

What are the criteria that people use to determine that these phenomena are 'otherworldly'? Movement? Speed? How is regular 'dandruff' eliminated using said criteria? I'd really like to know because I have yet to see any criteria put forth that can account for the variables of normal debris/ice particles and how they could behave in space.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#29    Ad hoc

Ad hoc

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 14 January 2013 - 01:04 AM, said:

Back to the topic. I don't know why NASA have such poor quality footage? You would think they can get better camera, is that the best money could buy?

lol c'mon. you're watching digital zoom on distant objects on a re-compressed youtube user video of the original compressed nasa public release videos taken from cameras that may have had who knows what purpose other than zooming in on distant space junk...

you can't just look at this end result and say: nasa, you suck. You can't even tell what the original footage looked like.
I think it's highly unlikely their main cameras are logitech webcams, and that they're total idiots.

Edited by ad hoc, 14 January 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#30    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• 1,726 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:27 AM

View PostRobbo, on 13 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

Space debris is in orbit, and that's pretty fast. We're talking thousands of miles per hour. Particles of dust can strike a satellite with so much force that the impact creates a plasma burn. There is so much junk, old satellites and current satellites that we almost have a visible ring around the planet. NASA has to wait for a 'window' in all this junk just to get a launch. This was an image created on BBC's Stargazing Live. Its crowded up there, so I guarantee all these 'UFOs' that people keep spotting from NASA TV etc are just junk.

Posted Image

A man made asteroid belt.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users