Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

can shadow people mimic a haunting?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,791 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 14 January 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

The only way to get rid of them is to command them to go in the name of Jesus Christ. (note, one must actually be one of his followers for this to work)
People, please don't do this.  Commanding demons to begone in the name of Christ is potentially blasphemous and you endanger your soul's future by trying to invoke Christ himself into your mortal commands.

Edited by Archimedes, 15 January 2013 - 02:03 AM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#17    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go. . . .”

Ephesians 6:10-18 ESV / 90 helpful votes

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Mark 16:16-18 ESV / 73 helpful votes

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Acts 16:16-18 ESV / 48 helpful votes

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

John 14:11-13 ESV / 28 helpful votes

Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Yeah, why is it blasphemy again? (believe me, I can find more to)

Edited by shadowx, 15 January 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#18    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

They seem extremely similar to active spirits except no one really has any information of their origin or essence, I don't think they are linked to the same form as human ghosts but they play a similar role to mischevious and threatening hauntings, so mimic is probably a good word. Perhaps they feed on emotions and by causing mayhem and unease it can be attractive to them to stay. I don't know why they would have targeted your particular residence as they don't seem to have attachments in the physical but then again maybe they do, no one really knows.

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#19    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

In your post you made no mention of wanting the activity to stop, only that you wanted opinions.  I take it then that you have an interest in what is transpiring and wish to explore it.  If you actually want the events to cease, let me know, and I can most definitely assist you in that endeavor.

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users