n May 2001, reports began to circulate in the Indian capital New Delhi of a strange monkey-like creature that was appearing at night and attacking people. Eyewitness accounts were often inconsistent, but tended to describe the creature with covered in thick black hair, more vulpine snout, and being up to eight feet tall, and muscular; it would leap from building to building like a parcour enthusiast.
- On 13 May 2001, 15 people suffered injuries ranging from bruises to bites and scratches.
- On 15 May 2001, a pregnant woman fell down some stairs fleeing after neighbors shouted that they had seen the Monkey Man.
- A 4-foot-tall (1.2 m) wandering Hindu sadhu was beaten up by an angry mob who mistook him for the Monkey Man.
- On 18 May 2001, a van driver was set upon and sustained multiple fractures in another case of mistaken identification as Monkey Man.
- Further sightings were reported in Kanpur in February 2002 and New Delhi in July 2002, the latter describing a monkey-like being
Edited by KevinT, 14 January 2013 - 06:00 AM.