Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Investigating the Bystander Effect

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Jan. 11, 2013 — The bystander effect is well-known in behavioural psychology and suggests that the more people who witnessing a violent emergency the less likely it is that someone will intervene. It was first identified in the 1960s, but conducting research on the phenomenon has been difficult. Most experiments rely upon staging fake emergencies or violent encounters using actors, but it is tricky to gauge how genuine a response is.

http://www.scienceda...30111092451.htm

#2    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

There are some good youtubes that demonstrate this, one of my personal favorites is:

Even watching the demonstration during this youtube, I felt quite emotional because what I saw was reason as to why I have started to become a pejorist.

My mind knew it was a set up, yet my heart didn't which only spurred on my compulsion to want to -do something- at that moment in time.

But let us give this a twist, in the spirit of UM.... if it was an alien or an 'unknown otherkin' would there be so many people to simply become bystanders? I have a belief that when it comes down to it, human kind will always assist another in this experience.

We gotta take care of our own, right?

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users