Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Consumers to Feel Decrease In Beef Production

Render

Jan. 10, 2013 — Beef production in the United States is expected to decrease 4.8 percent in 2013, the second largest year-over-year decrease in 35 years, trailing only the 6.4 percent drop in 2004

"Many analysts expect the 2013 numbers to be followed by a 2014 decrease of 4.5 percent or more," he said. "These two years would represent the largest percentage decrease since the late 1970s."

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130111092010.htm

it'd be nice to think that this was because "fast" food consumption was declining, but I suspect that as with everything else, it's because production is being outsourced to foreign lands.

• Like 1

Even though the article does not mention it, I wonder how much the drought has played a factor in all of this.

• Like 2

Last summer because of the drought many farmers sold off their herds. So it is no surprise to me there will be less cattle production this year. If we have another drought like last year it will go down even further.

• Like 1

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I LIKE BEEF, I LIKE BLACK ANGUS BEEF STEAKS..........someone pass the A-1 steak sause. What I wouldn't do for a 21/2 24oz medium rare porter house with melted butter on top with some porta bella mushrooms on the side with a big old Idaho baked potato with the works and some American apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for desert.YUM. GIVE ME Steak or give me Death.

Last summer because of the drought many farmers sold off their herds. So it is no surprise to me there will be less cattle production this year. If we have another drought like last year it will go down even further.

And from all appearances so far, we will have drought again this year in America's agricultural center.