Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2014 Corvette Revealed

BiffSplitkins

General Motors unveiled its newly designed 2014 Corvette Stingray in Detroit, on the eve of the North American International Auto Show.

The Corvette features a 6.2-liter small-block V-8 with 450 horsepower takes the car from zero to 60 mph in under four seconds.

Potential buyers will see overwhelming changes in the car from what they last say nine years ago: aluminum replaced steel, super-light rivets held parts together, and the V-8 engine kicked down to four cylinders at highway speeds, saving fuel.

READ MORE:

Very nice looking vehicle. :tu:

I like the front, yes indeed, but Corvette's always have this very lazy looking rear, it's the same design, just tweaked a bit.

• Like 1

Always liked the Vet but I never ran across one the past that could beat The Machine in a drag race, maybe this one could.

• Like 1

Not enough curves. Not as sexy as a vette should be. They should have tried a little more retro imo.

Nice car for sure, but it's a pretty big departure from the concept that was shown in the Transformers movies. Hard to tell from the pics, is the black cladding actually carbon fiber? Also, do the headlights remind anyone else of the lights on the Nissan Z's?

• Like 1

Nice car for sure, but it's a pretty big departure from the concept that was shown in the Transformers movies. Hard to tell from the pics, is the black cladding actually carbon fiber? Also, do the headlights remind anyone else of the lights on the Nissan Z's?

You nailed it, the entire care looks like a Nissan. Crap.

You nailed it, the entire care looks like a Nissan. Crap.

Actually, I think the new vette looks more like a Lotus Elise than a Nissan.

• Like 1

The Purple one is going to be pleased with this news!

• Like 1

Hard to tell from the pictures, but I think it looks more aggressive than the previous bland, uninspiring body designs. In my opinion, Corvettes haven't looked exciting since the original Stingray.

I would've thought that was just a Camaro.

The tail lights are a bit similar, but other than that I'm not seeing the similarity.

2014-chevrolet-corvette-reveal-1358126136.jpg2013-Chevrolet-Camaro-1LE-front-three-quarters-view-in-yellow-4-623x389.jpg

I actually like this Vette a bit more than other more recent model years. And I agree with Biff, it looks like an oversized Elise.

I find it funny that GM stated that if they didn't put out an environmentally friendly Vette that there would not be a vette in the future. Umm... have they met any Vette owners? None of them care about fuel economy. They really don't. LOL Kind of like I've always been a Mustang Cobra or GT owner. I really truly don't care about fuel economy in my muscle car. I've never heard a Vette owner complain about the 14 miles per gallon or less they get either.

Edited by MissMelsWell
  • Like 1

I never liked Corvettes at all thought all of them looked completely identical despite what year they were plus way overpriced. I definitely think those new one though look amazing.

• Like 1

The '63 will always be my favorite vette'. Something about that split rear bubble window really makes me like it.

chevrolet-corvette-split-window-stingray-04.jpg

I never seen a 63 I'm sure they all don't look like the one you posted in that picture, but that one is nice. Wouldn't mind cruising in that.

Actually, I think the new vette looks more like a Lotus Elise than a Nissan.

Yeah I see the Elise's influence too. I do like this new Corvette better than the previous models but the new Z's classic styling is hard to beat. I'd probably buy Corvettes if Nissan didn't make Z cars.

This Vette looks shorter than the previous model, if it is, that can't be a bad thing for a sports car. I love that '63 too, even if the rear window is the least thing I like about it. ;)

I think it's extremely sexy. Reminds me a bit of the Nissan GT-R. :)

• Like 1

And here is me thinking that a "corvette" is a ship !, aaaaarrrrrgh and there is no pictures, only a few rusty old cars..yeehaa.