Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fish grabs man's arm (video)

fish mans arm

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,511 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

The mystery man was dangling his arm over the edge of a jetty, believed to be somewhere in Florida, as he tempted the fish with a morsel of bait.

Then, much to the horror of screaming onlookers, the monster leaps from the water and latches on to his arm, seemingly trying to drag him back to the water.

http://www.dailymail...catch-hand.html

Posted Image

#2    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,585 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

That would be an "Ouch"

I guess from the article that some people do this type of "fishing", uh, for other type fish.

Still, what a dummy.

EDIT: I also heard something similar with regards to an alligator or croc. I think in Florida also. Sorry, I don't have a link, but I think he was trying to feed it versus actually catching it, and it snatched his arm as well. Not sure if he lost his arm or just needed hospitilazation.

Edited by pallidin, 14 January 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#3    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,995 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

The is in the Florida Keys, probably at a place called "Robbie's". The fish in question are tarpon and the one that grabbed the man's arm is not even a very large one. They give (or sell) bait fish to visitors the throw in to feed the them. Tarpon are not considered edible and it's pretty much catch and release if you fish for them. They can get four or five feet in length and are acrobatic fighters on rod and reel. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of them hanging around this dock. They and also nurse sharks are a tourist attractions around restaurants and marines throughout the Keys. I do not believe they have any serious teeth in their mouths, they simply inhale their prey like small fish and crabs and crush it in their throat. But the man is lucky that he didn't get pulled off the dock and drowned.

#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Good fishie :)

Miss me?

#5    musk

musk

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

his girlfriend was ******* annoying had to turn the volume down cuz of her screaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users