Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

R.I.P. MID

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#106    Regina Ulfa

Regina Ulfa

Poltergeist

• 2,252 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

RIP MID

#107    Belial

Belial

Love me grub i do.

• 4,429 posts

• We all want to go to heaven, but no one wants to die to get their.

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

What i liked about him was he had the time and the passion to help others who simply asked.
Looks to night sky and smiles mate.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

#108    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:17 PM

I see you Looking down at us Still today,We are but changed by knowing your with the stars Mid . We all Loved your every post and word. Most of us will have that part of you with us until we are Start Stuff too!
Wink ! :yes:

This is a Work in Progress!

#109    rajeev shagun

rajeev shagun

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

though he was from HP and i was considered by him HB but the time he gave me on his posts...i miss you mid and i am shockd to knowing it yesterday that you are not with us .. RIP  mid !

#110    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,781 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Damn...Goddamn...

Mid...we talked so much together.  I left for a year, and now I come back and you're dead?

Damn it man, I'm sitting in my room, ten till midnight, crying and holding up a beer for you.

I hope you finally got to see what you always wanted to.  Crotchety old man.

Love you.  Rest in Peace.

#111    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,127 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 25 April 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 25 April 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

Damn...Goddamn...

Mid...we talked so much together.  I left for a year, and now I come back and you're dead?

Damn it man, I'm sitting in my room, ten till midnight, crying and holding up a beer for you.

I hope you finally got to see what you always wanted to.  Crotchety old man.

Love you.  Rest in Peace.

It was indeed a sad year.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#112    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,066 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 26 April 2013 - 12:49 AM

This place used to be my home. I had alot of emotional pain due to a divorce in progress, so rarely come here anymore. I am heart broken by reading this. I will say that I do now believe in a higher power, and I believe MID lives on elsewhere as well as in our hearts. RIP my friend. Boo ya...... :(

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#113    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 03:05 AM

..he helped me grow.
happy travels, fellow astronaut.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#114    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 33,188 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

I'm missing you today my friend.

All those times we discussed how disappointed I was that the UK took so little interest in manned spaceflight. All those times you shared my disappointment whilst feeling pride in your own nation's great achievements.

Well today the UK finally heard that one of their own was to visit the ISS and you aren't their to share in my moment of excitement and pride.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#115    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,901 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

Just this past weekend I was watching a program on the History Channel that dealt with manned space flight. I had a fleeting question followed by, "Gee I'm going to have to ask MID about that" ...then I remembered. :cry:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#116    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,127 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

View PostLilly, on 20 May 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

Just this past weekend I was watching a program on the History Channel that dealt with manned space flight. I had a fleeting question followed by, "Gee I'm going to have to ask MID about that" ...then I remembered. :cry:

I, too, have had a couple of those moments....:(

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#117    mrbusdriver

mrbusdriver

Psychic Spy

• 1,644 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Just found this...Mid was a good man, and will be missed greatly. Long overdue condolences to family and friends.
It was an honor to share time with him.
Our greatest generation is fading, and the low- information generation is crowding in.

#118    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• 1,132 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Well damn.  Just recently got back on UM, and find I've lost yet another friend.

Until next time, MID.

#119    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:09 AM

I am very late here but still feel compelled to pay my respects.  I chatted with MID many times and was always impressed by his kindness and and willingness to share his knowledge.  He truly loved his work and it showed every time he talked about it.  I never met him or even knew his real name, but I felt connected to him just the same.  It is hard to explain hurting over the loss of someone I did not know but that is precisely where I am.  It is clear from reading the other posts that he touched the lives of a lot of people.  He must have been an amazing person to know.   I am better for having know him even just the little I did, and will always be grateful for his kindness.

#120    She-ra

She-ra

~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

• 13,821 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:52 PM

Still thinking of you MID. I miss reading your words.

We lost one of the greats of all time here on UM,

I know you're smiling down on all us here from the clouds above... I can just picture you now flying around up there and loving it!

You are gone but not forgotten my friend. I will never stop sending you hearts.

♥ ♥ ♥

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users