Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

R.I.P. MID

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#76    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I know we are better now,we all have come closer to this great man,He lead us to expand our minds,and souls to the stars. Mid will live on and Im sure that His Family and close friends will Know too that The soul of a person is always reaching to the Betterment of our kind. For sure Mike`s mission will go on forever. Just to think of the lifes that crossed his path ,and how much he helped us all to understand His world each year,For many years I may add.
I like many of us close and near,some only  with a low earth orbit to Mid,will remember this man as he was,A Great Man.
I can almost see him at night walking the surface of the Moon with all His buddies that have gone before him.Not a moment will go by now without Looking up at night and giving that wink he so gracefully coined to give His Frien Neil Armstrong a few short  weeks ago !  For them the best quote ever "God`s Speed Mike"

This is a Work in Progress!

#77    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,762 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Love it,... and, as an old aviator I cant help feeling a little bit part of it.

Edited by Hazzard, 19 January 2013 - 10:02 PM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#78    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Its a 3/4 moon tonight in Big-D and Two winks for Mid & Neil Armstrong. I know your reading us ,Over !

#79    Mentalcase

Mentalcase

Space Cadet

• 5,369 posts

• Most Thugish Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Damn, just seeing this thread. :(

RIP MID!!!!!!

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/  <~Ancient Aliens DEBUNKED!
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers are the results of the known irrational characteristics of terrestrial intelligence than of the unknown rational efforts of extra-terrestrial intelligence ~Richard Feynman http://www.myspace.com/7leafclover

#80    Bonecrusher

Bonecrusher

Facebook Fiend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• Your blood's worth bottling!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostLilly, on 18 January 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

I have spoken to MID's wife (via telephone) the funeral is tomorrow (Saturday). Perhaps we could all set aside a moment in our day to pay our final respect to our friend.
I did more than set aside a moment.

Not only didn't I post but I didn't log in as a mark of respect.
I was thinking about the big guy and his family all day long.
It felt like the right and proper thing to do in these circumstances.

Swindon Town:  Division Two Champions 2011-12.
Proud member of Macdonald's Red Army since 1989.
Up the Robins!

#81    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Good on you Medium Brown, remember that Mike wants us to all keep our noses to the grinder and keep Looking ,Keep researching our worlds. He was and always be Our Friend. :tu:

#82    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,937 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I was very sorry to hear of MID's passing.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#83    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 28,287 posts

• Paranoid Android... *whaa--*

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I too was sorry to hear of MID's passing.  I never really had a conversation with him, but whenever I wanted information (real information) about space I always stopped to read what MID had to say.  RIP, and my heart and prayers are with his family, friends, and loved ones.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#84    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

I can't remember having ever replied to his posts, but I have read much of what he posted, and always found his posts to be very informative.

I always sort of automatically skip past this forum on top of the index page of UM and go straight to the forums I usually post in, but this is the second old member of UM that passed away that I read of in 5 minutes time....sigh.

Rest in peace, MID.

#85    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 19,228 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

Not a day goes by that I don't miss MID and Karlis.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#86    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostLilly, on 28 January 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

Not a day goes by that I don't miss MID and Karlis.
Me too Lilly ! I promise that as soon as Lori ,Mikes wife gets back with me I will post Hi Amazing Life for us all to revel in !

#87    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

Looking forward to it D, thanks again for keeping us all in the loop. You are a champion mate.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#88    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,723 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

:cry:

farewell dear man

RIP and condolences to family and friends

#89    RaptorBites

RaptorBites

Poltergeist

• 2,208 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

Just came back from a long extended break.

Sigh...Miss You MIDDY.

RIP

No, you surround yourself with a whole different kettle of crazy. - Sir Wearer of Hats

#90    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:37 PM

POPULAR

Hello Everyone,

This is Mid's wife, Lori.

I've been reading your condolences and posts and I want to extend a warm thank you and let you know how much I truly appreciate them. I am extremely touched by every single post... the moments of silence, and the time you spent thnking of him on the Saturday of his memorial serivce. Bringing tears to my eyes were the pictures posted of the astronaut on the moon and the soldier saluting.

I know that Donteatus has mentioned putting together a biography of sorts but I'm not sure I want to divulge too much of Mid's personal details. He was always a Very private man in regard to his personl life. However, I will talk a bit here about the man I know, that is if you'll indulge me for a few minutes. It is my way of honoring this man, my husband, without telling too many of his secrets.

Mid's love for all things space related was extraordinary. He did in fact learn to fly, earning his pilot's license at the tender age of 17. He knew how to fly before he actually knew how to drive a car.. and probably like most married couples we would argue about who was the better driver. Of course we all know that was me ! But in the cockpit he had nerves of steel, the gentle touch of gold and wings of an eagle. He commented so many times how he felt much more at home up there flying among the clouds and blue sky than walking around down here on earth.

His fascination with space exploration started as a kid when he would listen to and follow all the details of our space flights ever so glued in front of the radio and/or TV and it certainly continued until the end. I would wake up at 2 a.m. to find my dedicated husband sitting in his office in front of the computer screen with live footage streaming through, pad, paper, pencil, calculater and ISS docking schedule in hand... making notes, making comments, making faces and loving every blessed minute of it. He was in heaven! Later he would give me all the details until my eyes would glaze over and then he would tell me more ! He, as you can imagine, has tons of DVD's on all the space flights and missions and original footage clips of almost everything. I have rarely in my 16 years with Mid seen him cry, but he did so at the passing of Neil Armstrong as well as watching the Challenger tragedy and other events of equal sadness to him. This held his heart, his passion and his soul.

To see him spend hours on this forum did not surprise me. The forum meant so very much to him. He dedicated alot of time, effort, research, energy and love to posting information that might indeed teach those willing to learn. Granted, there were some subjects he would comment on and on accasion sound a bit arrogant (to me, at least) but then when the story with SAL came to fruition I was so very pleased. His creativity and humor was now shining through. Mid put 110% into everything he did. He would learn about, study, contemplate and know more than most experts about those things that truly interested him.

Mid was a passionate man with creativiy, talent and heart. He was a martial arts expert having practised for 40 years, not simply for the physicality but more importantly the spiritual virtue of it. He was extremely disciplined. He had a leaning toward Eastern philosophy, owning many dog-eared copies of the Tao Te Ching. He was an experienced musician (drummer), an artist, a poet and an athlete.

In letting you all in to learn a little about Mid without compromising his privacy, I hope I've done a bit of service and tribute to him. This UM group meant alot to him and I think he would be pleased to see it continue in the same fashion. If he's inspired at least one person to learn, research and come to succinct, well thought out ideas and conclusions than he would be very happy indeed. It seems to me from reading some of your posts, perhaps that has been accomplished.

My best to everyone and thank you all again for your prayers, condolences and comments.

I will check Mid's private messages from time to time in case anyone has anything they would like to contact me about.

Wishing you all well on your own personal journeys,

Lori ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users