Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Do you openly share all your experiences?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16    Professor T

Professor T

Sha naqba īmuru

• 2,545 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 15 January 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?

Are you afraid of the reactions you may receive?

Have you told one or two but kept the rest quiet because of negative feedback?

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?

I guess im asking for you to share why you have decided to share or not to share and how much your holding back....

For me I have shared a few things. I mostly share the same thing over and over again when hauntings come up... these seem to be so similar in description that I cant help but say... hey that happened to me too!

I just tried to answer my own questions but found it very difficult! Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

Do you generally share all your experiences on UM willingly either by starting a thread or using them as examples when posting on others?
Theres some deeply personal ones, One very recent, that I havn't shared because It's kind of raw.. Other than that, yep, I'm a sharer..

Partially.. But at the end of the day, if people take offence it's their problem, not mine. (Am learning not to give a hoot)

Nope.

Do you feel that your experiences are private and you only share when you are led to do so?
Yep. but for the most part I find that I'll contribute to topics if I feel I can more than if I feel lead to.

Do you choose to share selectively with members you have grown to trust via private message rather than in the public forums?
Nope.. I share some stuff privately that isn't in the public forum because it's general chit chat more than anything secret..

Do you have so many experiences, or do they happen so frequently that you think people will begin to not take you seriously or think you are just looking for attention?
I wish.. Lol..
One thing I have noticed though, and I wonder now if this is the same with others?

But previously I've made awesome progress with Dream recall, Meditation, Clairaudience and Clairvoyance though Meditation.. But each time I mention this publically my mentioning of it seems to be followed by days or in one case over a week with no activity at all.. It's almost as though I'm being punished for bragging, not that I 've considered this bragging in the past.. These Lulls after talking about things of a personal or spiritual nature makes me feel as though talking about it is kind of frowned upon in the upper circles I'm not aware of.

Are there other out there who've enountered this?

Would really like to know if it's only me experiencing this.

#17    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 16 January 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Theres some deeply personal ones, One very recent, that I havn't shared because It's kind of raw.. Other than that, yep, I'm a sharer..

Partially.. But at the end of the day, if people take offence it's their problem, not mine. (Am learning not to give a hoot)

Nope.

Yep. but for the most part I find that I'll contribute to topics if I feel I can more than if I feel lead to.

Nope.. I share some stuff privately that isn't in the public forum because it's general chit chat more than anything secret..

I wish.. Lol..
One thing I have noticed though, and I wonder now if this is the same with others?

But previously I've made awesome progress with Dream recall, Meditation, Clairaudience and Clairvoyance though Meditation.. But each time I mention this publically my mentioning of it seems to be followed by days or in one case over a week with no activity at all.. It's almost as though I'm being punished for bragging, not that I 've considered this bragging in the past.. These Lulls after talking about things of a personal or spiritual nature makes me feel as though talking about it is kind of frowned upon in the upper circles I'm not aware of.

I am totally with you on this. Akin to perhaps having a big 'spiritual' finger waving at you, 'Uh-uh-uh.'

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#18    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 3,990 posts

• Sorry for the incoherent poetry.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 16 January 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Nope.

I wish.. Lol..

Yeah I do think some things are made for only us but at the same time there are many factors for inactivity (it seems) one reason (for me) is that I dont control it so I cant command anything to happen (yet?)

But I do think some things are meant to be private and are part of a bigger mystery. We are allowed to experience them and let the knowledge of what has happened help develop our current overall understanding and that if it wouldn't help anyone we shouldnt share it. Im not saying sharing doest help others I think it does but maybe not in all circumstances... thats just what I think at least.

And T I think its good not to experience stuff too often. We should be happy with where we are, with our feet on the ground or in flight.They say more money more problems... i say more spiritual events more problems (not that its not good) but everything is at a price.

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#19    XingWi

XingWi

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 16 January 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

i say more spiritual events more problems (not that its not good) but everything is at a price.

That's the best thing you've said so far.

#20    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

View PostSpiritWriter, on 15 January 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Generally, yes.  I share a lot less that I used to, though.  Mainly because before, I was searching for a direction.  Now that I have a direction, I tend to share when a topic comes up that I am experiencing/have experience, so I can learn more about the topic, and as a "pass the torch" to thank those who have helped me.

#21    John Weiss

John Weiss

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 36 posts

• I didn't believe in the afterlife, but have learned to mend my ways.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I openly share all my experiences. Just go to my column here, and you'll see. All my experiences have been chronicled in my Kindle book that you can view at the following link:
*snip*

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 19 January 2013 - 02:30 AM.
1. No spamming Common forms of forum spam include but are not limited to: 1a. Advertising: Do not use the forum to advertise a product, site or service.

#22    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,546 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

I share a lot, but WTH! Haven't shared all of it, but it I think anything I've experienced may be helpful to someone else, then i will. Most of it is in the past, as I made a commitment to focus on understanding, right action, and looking at the how & why instead of the what. I found it was very easy to get caught up in the "paranormal" stuff, really, it was kind of like going to a circus, both exciting & entertaining, but I wanted to go deeper into the mystery.

#23    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:51 AM

No

No

Not because of feed back, it's just not necessary for the reply

Yes and no I feel I have to answer some posts to try to help others find their answer.  

Sometimes

I lived a weird Forrest Gump like life LOL!  Things I didn't look for I stumbled on and some experiences were thrown in my face by many years of life!  I discovered more about many things people are seeking and the day came I was led to post.  It would be wrong if I didn't share what I knew about some subjects.  

I guess im asking for you to share why you have decided to share or not to share and how much your holding back....
To help others find the truth about what they are seeking. If I have a piece to their puzzle from my life experiences, I should reply. If I know, I say I know, if I just have a clue I don't say I know like some people do when they post.  

For me I have shared a few things. I mostly share the same thing over and over again when hauntings come up... these seem to be so similar in description that I cant help but say... hey that happened to me too!
There's so many of those things I hardly answer unless someone is really having a problem with it and is afraid or needs help.

I just tried to answer my own questions but found it very difficult! Lets see if anyone is braver than I am....

Edited by White Unicorn, 19 January 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#24    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 AM

Nope avoid it like the plague after I did one experience. Honestly not my favorite area of focus although it was the original thing that brought me here. Besides some odd reason I hate starting my own threads. Although if I somebody does post something like I went through I won't hesitate to post on it

More like annoyed. Dealing with skeptics repeatedly is very very tiring.

Depends on what you mean by negative feedback. I'm against useless feedback which seems to be the most common trend.

Some are like the dream type stuff and there are some weird things I cannot explain that simply doesn't fit in to any title I've read here are private simply because I was very close to the people that were involved, but hauntings and what not I'll talk about.

Nope, rarely private message in general. Although I will reply to them if a pm is sent to me first.

Really don't care what they think it's just that when I share an experience people normally have no clue on how to answer the questions that comes from those experiences. So I only reveal to people who I can think can actually answer my questions. Unless of course somebody asks me personally for any experiences.

I simply can't find a way to even try to define the question I want to ask which is why I try avoid this board.

#25    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:06 AM

No. Generally i don't share anymore, here or anywhere else. i have put a couple of my experiences on here but in general i don't share, i don't enjoy argueing like some people Seem to enjoy, I REALLY don't like being told that something that i experienced was nothing more than a bad trip or a dream or a deliberate lie to garner attention ( i have been told all three and many other things in the past) the only time i share anymore is when i think that my experience might help someone else deal with something that happened to them.

when i was young i had a lot of strange things happen to me, astral projection, missing time,  Visions and visitations and much more . as i got older the happenings came less often now in my old age ( early fifties going on two hundred+ ) all that happens are the occational shadows and or symbols seen from the corner of my eye, the occational coincidence that doesn't feel like a coincidence, and the occational nightmare that i can't escape from. ( i used to enjoy nightmares because i seemed to be able to control them, but not anymore.)
and it doesn't help that time erases memory for details and tends to allow stories to get merged

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 19 January 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#26    Professor T

Professor T

Sha naqba īmuru

• 2,545 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 19 January 2013 - 06:06 AM, said:

No. Generally i don't share anymore, here or anywhere else. i have put a couple of my experiences on here but in general i don't share, i don't enjoy argueing like some people Seem to enjoy, I REALLY don't like being told that something that i experienced was nothing more than a bad trip or a dream or a deliberate lie to garner attention ( i have been told all three and many other things in the past) the only time i share anymore is when i think that my experience might help someone else deal with something that happened to them.

I've found that other peoples opinions about yours or mine or anyone elses experiences only matter if you let them..
If I don't feel like taking an argument back to someones comments I dont.
If someone says something offensive, they're only showing their own ignorance..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users