Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 4 votes

How many of you do and don't believe in God?

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#16    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Believe in God, but most of the times i strongly disagree with the Church. Besides, God is found inside us, not in Church.

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#17    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:12 AM

View Postshadowx, on 15 January 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

I admit, I've never understood the concept of being an Agnostic. Why would someone not want to search for the truth of life? I'm not saying you should become a Chritian or anything, but why don't you want to find out for sure what's real and what's not?

Well, long story short... I have searched for the truth of life. I long ago found that both 'the question' and 'the answer' are unattainable.

Spiritually, I'm comfortable with that. I hope, in some way, I answered your question.

Edit to add: Maybe we're not supposed to know.

Edited by Likely Guy, 15 January 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#18    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

I don't.

#19    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 15 January 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

I'm just curious in one regard. Why is this in the 'Ghost, Hauntings and Paranormal' forum?

Perhaps LiveForChrist1 can explain?

I'm sorry. I have to bump my post. Maybe this thread should be moved to the 'Spirituality vs Scepticism' forum, unless LiveForChrist1 can expand on their opening point.

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 15 January 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

2nd, I don't believe in either camp. The religious will never truly understand God and the irreligious will never understand the concept.
So you don't believe in god or you do?

#21    shadowx

shadowx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 15 January 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Well, long story short... I have searched for the truth of life. I long ago found that both 'the question' and 'the answer' are unattainable.

Spiritually, I'm comfortable with that. I hope, in some way, I answered your question.

Edit to add: Maybe we're not supposed to know.

Hmm, I guess I can understand where your coming from then. I just guess that I myself can't take that approach. I have to continue forward, no matter how little in the total universe I learn. I admit, while I've learned a lot and in fact got my start in the supernatural world through my searching I mainly just can't afford to stop *shrugs*.

I suppose it comes down to this, even if you can give up and let yourself fade away without fighting it I can't do that. I cannot and will not let my life become meaningless, I will find the truth and stick to it's path because if I don't then I become nothing.

Edited by shadowx, 15 January 2013 - 08:43 AM.

#22    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Believing in something is healthy. Humanity has always explored this aspect of itself as evidenced by early burial sites and that the dead were cared for and not just cast off.

#23    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Believing in something is healthy. Humanity has always explored this aspect of itself as evidenced by early burial sites and that the dead were cared for and not just cast off.
Scientology is looking for more members.

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Scientology is looking for more members.

Read the whole thread please before slamming someone. Its views like that turn people away from Christianity.

#25    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 08:50 AM, said:

Read the whole thread please before slamming someone. Its views like that turn people away from Christianity.
I wasn't replying to thread but your asinine post. BTW scientology =/= christianity. lol

Edited by Rlyeh, 15 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#26    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

whats asinine about that in a religious context ? The same practice is continued today.

http://www.pasthoriz...in-neanderthals

Edited by AsteroidX, 15 January 2013 - 09:10 AM.

#27    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 15 January 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

So you don't believe in god or you do?

I don't care.

#28    dannyboy52

dannyboy52

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 102 posts

• You Can Fool Some People All Of The Time,And All Of The People Some Of The Time, But You Cant Fool All Of The People All Of The Time

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:11 AM

What I dont like about all these far right christians is ..... If I happen to not believe what they believe, then I am automatically wrong !! Everyone on this earth is entitled to believe whatever they believe, except for those who think Elvis is alive and living on the moon!!

#29    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 3,969 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

View Postshadowx, on 15 January 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hmm, I guess I can understand where your coming from then....

I suppose it comes down to this, even if you can give up and let yourself fade away without fighting it I can't do that. I cannot and will not let my life become meaningless, I will find the truth and stick to it's path because if I don't then I become nothing.

No, when you approach it at that angle, you don't 'understand where I'm coming from' at all. :)

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,646 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:10 AM, said:

whats asinine about that in a religious context ? The same practice is continued today.

http://www.pasthoriz...in-neanderthals
because *something* isn't always healthy. Like my example, scientology.

Edited by Rlyeh, 15 January 2013 - 09:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users