Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Gun Control 30 days later


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

So we have Federal legislation coming down the pipeline that looks to be less then drastic because of the Senate/House makeup. No strong legislation will pass without a very unpopular EO.

SOOO....Now it falls onto states to decide there own gun legislation and its falling right into Blue/Red. The Blue states are moving fast to make gun control real while red states are loosening gun control in retaliation. Further polarizing this nation.

First shots are being fired across American legislative desks even now.

http://news.yahoo.co...-181248937.html


#2    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

The only issue in this is money and the unnatural love for guns. The wealth of the NRA dominates politics. Gun supporters get rock hard over guns. I think it is pretty clear cut...guns were designed to do 1 thing and 1 thing only...KILL. Period. End of discussion...there is no debate. Guns are designed to kill and if we keep them readily avalible to people, people will be killed at a very fast rate...a rate much faster than that done with a knife or a "hammer."

Edited by CommunitarianKevin, 15 January 2013 - 08:49 AM.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

I dont believe that is the only issue and Im not alone in believing that nor is it the end of the discussion. Guns are designed to do more then kill. They are a tool for many and a sport to many others. Hunting is engrained in American culture but is killing so ill aquiesce there. Have you ever shot an Elk with a .22 ? Lets just call it inhumane.

But anyways thanks for going straight offtopic.


#4    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostCommunitarianKevin, on 15 January 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

The only issue in this is money and the unnatural love for guns. The wealth of the NRA dominates politics. Gun supporters get rock hard over guns. I think it is pretty clear cut...guns were designed to do 1 thing and 1 thing only...KILL. Period. End of discussion...there is no debate. Guns are designed to kill and if we keep them readily avalible to people, people will be killed at a very fast rate...a rate much faster than that done with a knife or a "hammer."

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

I dont believe that is the only issue and Im not alone in believing that nor is it the end of the discussion. Guns are designed to do more then kill. They are a tool for many and a sport to many others. Hunting is engrained in American culture but is killing so ill aquiesce there. Have you ever shot an Elk with a .22 ? Lets just call it inhumane.

But anyways thanks for going straight offtopic.

Straight off topic? This is about gun control right? And the NRA dominates that debate. I do not see how any of this is off topic.
Guns are designed to do more than kill? Like what? They are a tool? A tool to do what? If you want to argue that hunting is even needed, I would suggest a bow...Explain to me the purpose of killing an elk...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#5    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

The NRA is supported by Law abiding Gun Owners. So yes they have an obligation to defend the 2nd Amendment. Sorry but theres mnay other high touting lobbying groups in Washington that push more agendas then the NRA. Big Pharm and Big Oil to name 2.

I was looking more for the legislation and how its projected to polarize gun control across blue/red states. But yeah its still about gun control.

A gun is a tool to a farmer. Wether its used to cull sick animals out of there herds humanely or keep predators from attacking there livestock. That falls under tool use.

And the purpose of killing an Elk is for the meat it provides a family which can last all winter. And many people use most of the elk for other things as well. Yes there's negligent, irresponsible hunters that have no business hunting but like I said Ill aquiesce that hunting is killing so no need to carry on that topic.


#6    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

The NRA is supported by Law abiding Gun Owners. So yes they have an obligation to defend the 2nd Amendment. Sorry but theres mnay other high touting lobbying groups in Washington that push more agendas then the NRA. Big Pharm and Big Oil to name 2.

I was looking more for the legislation and how its projected to polarize gun control across blue/red states. But yeah its still about gun control.

A gun is a tool to a farmer. Wether its used to cull sick animals out of there herds humanely or keep predators from attacking there livestock. That falls under tool use.

And the purpose of killing an Elk is for the meat it provides a family which can last all winter. And many people use most of the elk for other things as well. Yes there's negligent, irresponsible hunters that have no business hunting but like I said Ill aquiesce that hunting is killing so no need to carry on that topic.

I will PM you as to not go off topic...if want the dicussion private so that no one else can be involved...fine.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#7    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

I could care less. Im just more interested in current legislation at this point. The rest has been debated to death. Itleast in my circles. If youd like to discuss in Pm's Im good.


#8    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

    Fact Corrector

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Apple Valley, MN. Wrestling Capital of the U.S.

  • Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

I could care less. Im just more interested in current legislation at this point. The rest has been debated to death. Itleast in my circles. If youd like to discuss in Pm's Im good.

So what will happen? Nothing...the NRA controls too much of our Congress. There will be no real change compared to what we have now. We will be having this same discussion when the next school gets shot up.

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#9    Stellar

Stellar

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,838 posts
  • Joined:27 Apr 2004
  • Gender:Male

  • The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

The NRA is supported by Law abiding Gun Owners. So yes they have an obligation to defend the 2nd Amendment. Sorry but theres mnay other high touting lobbying groups in Washington that push more agendas then the NRA. Big Pharm and Big Oil to name 2.

I was looking more for the legislation and how its projected to polarize gun control across blue/red states. But yeah its still about gun control.

A gun is a tool to a farmer. Wether its used to cull sick animals out of there herds humanely or keep predators from attacking there livestock. That falls under tool use.

And the purpose of killing an Elk is for the meat it provides a family which can last all winter. And many people use most of the elk for other things as well. Yes there's negligent, irresponsible hunters that have no business hunting but like I said Ill aquiesce that hunting is killing so no need to carry on that topic.

Its a tool---to kill.

Just as a hammer is a tool to nail nails.

Every tool has a purpose. The purpose of a gun is to kill

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#10    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

Your right Congress doesnt have the power to change the Laws of the 2nd Amendment which would likely be overturned by the Supreme Court anyways. Its much more scary that states are taking it on there own to make radically differing gun control laws. Its called the polarization of America.

Its freakin bad news for this country.


#11    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,103 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

...and just as expected good old NY State was the first to hop on the bandwagon. :gun:

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image


#12    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:16 PM

and now Obama knows he cant win congressional support hes threatening the EO again.

http://news.yahoo.co...--politics.html


Heil Hitler :passifier:


#13    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,777 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

i like this part.
My starting point is not to worry about the politics," he said. "My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works."

yea, he sure does what works, lol. doing same useless **** was done in 1994 and think it would be different result this time, we have defenition for this action.

there is no mention about sickos walking around, or any mental health reform

RESIDENT TROLL.

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Quote

there is no mention about sickos walking around, or any mental health reform

Its not part of the raping of America Agenda


#15    aztek

aztek

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,777 posts
  • Joined:12 Nov 2006

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

Its not part of the raping of America Agenda
pretty much

RESIDENT TROLL.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users