Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Gun Control 30 days later

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostStellar, on 15 January 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Its a tool---to kill.

Just as a hammer is a tool to nail nails.

Every tool has a purpose. The purpose of a gun is to kill
The purpose of a gun in the hands of upright and innocent citizens is self-defense from criminals who want to hurt or kill you, gun or not.    Yes, even criminals from the government who can't pick up a copy of the Constitution and read it.    *gasp!*

You want every woman protecting herself with a knife from every criminal goon with a gun because you don't want that criminal goon to die.   WTF?!

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#17    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,167 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

View PostCommunitarianKevin, on 15 January 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

The only issue in this is money and the unnatural love for guns. The wealth of the NRA dominates politics. Gun supporters get rock hard over guns. I think it is pretty clear cut...guns were designed to do 1 thing and 1 thing only...KILL. Period. End of discussion...there is no debate. Guns are designed to kill and if we keep them readily avalible to people, people will be killed at a very fast rate...a rate much faster than that done with a knife or a "hammer."
Guns have been readily available and violent crime is at a 20-year low in this country.  The facts don't matter to your opinion clearly, but they should matter to everyone else's.   Where did this massed cowardice and blithering ignorance of our peoples' rights come from?  

Turn off your TV set, turn off your internet gadget, go out and actually meet some people in the real world to help you clear up this insulting politically charged drivel about gun owners that the liberal soap box has clearly pounded into your brain like a hammer.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#18    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

+1 ..............Im hoping we stick to the Legislation that is being pushed through like what happened in NY today and the new threats of EO's from the President and the downgrading of our Constitution especially if he gets anymore Supreme Court Justices appointed in this term.

Romney ran the wrong platform and I believe if the election were held today he would win hands down.

#19    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,312 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM, said:

i like this part.
My starting point is not to worry about the politics," he said. "My starting point is to focus on what makes sense, what works."

yea, he sure does what works, lol. doing same useless **** was done in 1994 and think it would be different result this time, we have defenition for this action.

there is no mention about sickos walking around, or any mental health reform
In NYS there is this: (once the idiots pass it today)
Section 48 of the bill amends the Penal Law to require that every
county recertify a gun license holder's license every five years.
Failure to recertify during this five year period equates to
revocation of the license. The section also adds bases for denial of
a license to an applicant, including connection of a felony or
serious offense, being presently subject to an order of protection;
and expands the criteria for denial based on an applicant's history
of mental illness.

They can require this, but it's against a person's rights to be re-tested to continue driving a vehicle past a certain age.
I can understand a background check for every gun purchase that requires it but seriously, this is rediculous.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#20    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

that is no news to me, they do it in my city already,. every 3 years license renewal for handgun, and 4 years rifle.
it is says basicly same thing in nyc rules, about mental health.  they just basicly taking parts of nyc rules and impose it on entire state.

you're right about driving after certain age. it is often more dangerous than same ppl own or even carry handguns.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,897 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

The purpose of a gun in the hands of upright and innocent citizens is self-defense from criminals who want to hurt or kill you, gun or not. Yes, even criminals from the government who can't pick up a copy of the Constitution and read it. *gasp!*

Yes, but the way a gun protects you is by being designed to kill the person it is used on. Just as the purpose of a hammer is to help you build things by nailing nails.

You want every woman protecting herself with a knife from every criminal goon with a gun because you don't want that criminal goon to die.   WTF?!

I have never said that. If after all these posts you think that is what I'm advocating, then please just stop commenting on what you "think" I want and leave me be.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,519 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:41 PM

A link to the SAFE act... http://open.nysenate...bill/S2230-2013

#23    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostYamato, on 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

Where exactly did Stellar post that?   That every woman should do what you have just mentioned??

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 15 January 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#24    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Every man women and child should be ready to protect themselves with a blade.

#25    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

Why would you hand any small child a blade?   Unless of course you are being sarcastic ?  lol

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#26    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,713 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:52 PM, said:

The blade is always on me.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 15 January 2013 - 09:54 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#27    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

lol, not with new new york laws.

4    A  person  is  guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
    5  degree when:
    6    (1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart  gun,  electronic
    7  stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal
    8  knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles,
    9  metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type sling-
   10  shot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or
   11    (2)  He  possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto,
   12  imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or  weapon
   13  with intent to use the same unlawfully against another

RESIDENT TROLL.

#28    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,713 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 January 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

lol, not with new new york laws.

4 A  person  is  guilty of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth
5  degree when:
6 (1) He or she possesses any firearm, electronic dart  gun,  electronic
7  stun gun, gravity knife, switchblade knife, pilum ballistic knife, metal
8  knuckle knife, cane sword, billy, blackjack, bludgeon, plastic knuckles,
9  metal knuckles, chuka stick, sand bag, sandclub, wrist-brace type sling-
   10  shot or slungshot, shirken or "Kung Fu star"; or
   11 (2)  He  possesses any dagger, dangerous knife, dirk, razor, stiletto,
   12  imitation pistol, or any other dangerous or deadly instrument or  weapon
   13  with intent to use the same unlawfully against another

Wow.  No wonder NY is such a safe haven.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#29    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 6,810 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 January 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:

Wow.  No wonder NY is such a safe haven.
oh yea, good portion of inmates in nys jail are there for a bag of weed, a sheetrock blade, or some other "weapon" they had on at the moment. i know a a case where a construction guy had a folding sheetrock knife in his posket, cops arrested him while he was in line at the food truck, he got 6 month in jail, and had to pay lawyer about 20k. all for harmless sheetrock blade. i would not be surprised if they start arresting ppl for  assult pencils. they have to show arrests, that they fight crimes.the whole thing reminds me of cut off ears bounty in vetnam war

RESIDENT TROLL.

#30    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,069 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 15 January 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

So yes they have an obligation to defend the 2nd Amendment.

A gun is a tool to a farmer.

Gun control or even repealing the 2nd Amendment is NOT prohibition. Only the very social paranoids that hang out here and other places think that.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users