Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hi There

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

Welcome to UM, sslama!

I hope you enjoy your time here and much enjoyment of eutrapely!

:yes:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#17    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Hi there, sslama. Try not to take too much notice of Asadora - she couldn't find her Aristotle with both hands and a SatNav! (I wonder if she's aware of the New Testament use of the word 'eutrapely'!)

I love her really, though!

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#18    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

View Postealdwita, on 17 January 2013 - 11:26 PM, said:

Hi there, sslama. Try not to take too much notice of Asadora - she couldn't find her Aristotle with both hands and a SatNav! (I wonder if she's aware of the New Testament use of the word 'eutrapely'!)

I love her really, though!

Your love is absolutely beautiful, Ealdwita and I thank you very much for that!

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#19    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:54 AM

View Postsslama, on 15 January 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

I've just joined and looking forward to great discussions and learning.

I love ancient history and have recently been thinking that all this has happened before and will happen again.  I think there is a pre-existing order to the cosmos.  It's cyclical.  Perhaps our DNA has been corrupted and we are at the end of the corrupted cycle.  Humanity is now in a position to correct our corrupted DNA....we now have to tools to do this.  It's just a matter of time before someone figures it out, if they haven't already and a new cycle begins where the truth will be discovered as we progress in this cycle.

I find it all very fascinating...

ss
Welcome to the forums. Hope you have a great time here!!!  :tu:

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#20    DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts

• Finite to fail, infinite to venture!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Welcome to UM!

Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air and deep beneath the rolling waves, in labyrinths of coral caves, The echo of a distant tide comes willowing across the sand and everything is green and submarine...

You're neither. You're an errand boy, sent by grocery clerks, to collect a bill.

#21    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Say what you mean and mean what you say....that way I know who you are and what you stand for!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:15 AM

Wow...there is a lot of active members here and all of you so kind to take the time to welcome me. Thanks.  One thing I've noticed is the very imaginative Forum names all of you have picked....I'm amused by them all.

Are you a scrabble player Asadora?   lol Eutrapely is a word I imagine scrabble players use....I love it.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

#22    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,800 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

Thrice welcome, Grover B. Torres from new york city, from a fellow educator (retd.)

Giants, Jets or Bills?

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#23    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Say what you mean and mean what you say....that way I know who you are and what you stand for!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Hi GroverB......welcome.  I've been busy here since I joined.  Lots of great topics.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users