Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Natalie Wood possibly bruised before death

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    boos2u

boos2u

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I, too, wonder why this case is still being pursued. In Dr. Thomas T. Noguchi's 1983 book, Coroner, Dr. Noguchi describes bruises and scratches from head to toe on Ms. Wood and speculates about what could have caused them. He also states that the down jacket she was wearing was saturated with water and weighed thirty pounds or more. He said that he felt that the jacket pulled her under and if she had somehow been able to get the jacket off, she probably would have been OK. He said she had no head trauma, but, of course, was very intoxicated. It really wasn't in his realm to explain why she decided to leave the yacht to begin with.

Edited by boos2u, 25 February 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#32    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postboos2u, on 25 February 2013 - 10:26 PM, said:

I, too, wonder why this case is still being pursued. In Dr. Thomas T. Noguchi's 1983 book, Coroner, Dr. Noguchi describes bruises and scratches from head to toe on Ms. Wood and speculates about what could have caused them. He also states that the down jacket she was wearing was saturated with water and weighed thirty pounds or more. He said that he felt that the jacket pulled her under and if she had somehow been able to get the jacket off, she probably would have been OK. He said she had no head trauma, but, of course, was very intoxicated. It really wasn't in his realm to explain why she decided to leave the yacht to begin with.

The 'case' is being pursued for money and 15 minutes of fame. Money for Davern and fame for the LA coroner.

#33    regi

regi

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

I just finished Robert Wagner's autobiography, Pieces Of My Heart, and the following is what he reveals about the night he lost the love of his life.
At the time of Wood's death, Wagner and Wood were 9 years into their second marriage to one another.

Wagner and Walken were arguing and Wood got up and left and went below decks to their room. At one point, Wagner saw her close the door. The argument continued and moved from the salon (and three steps up) to the deck. He said things were threatening to get physical but never did. After a little while, they both calmed down and went back into the salon where they sat for a while, but not for long. At this point, things were fine between them, and Walken went on to bed.
Wagner sat up with Dennis Davern for a while, but then it was time to go to bed.
He went below and saw that Wood wasn't there. He thought "Strange." He went up on deck and looked around and noticed that the dinghy was gone. He thought "Stranger." He said he remembered wondering if she'd taken the dinghy because of the argument, but then thought "no way, because she was terrified of dark water, and besides that, the dinghy fired up very loudly, and we would have heard it, whether we were in the salon, or on deck."
But, he thought "if she wasn't on the Splendor, where else could she be except on the dinghy?"

He found Davern and told him that he thought Wood took off on the dinghy; at that point he thought she'd gone back to Doug's Harbor Reef, the restaurant where they'd had dinner.
He radioed for the shore boat to take him back to the restaurant. Walken and Davern stayed on the Splendor. When he got to the island, he found the restaurant closed, and Wood wasn't anywhere in the dock area, nor was the dinghy.
He said by that time it was about 1:30 am, and he was scared and confused.

Davern radioed for help on the Harbor Channel, and then he (Wagner) called the Coast Guard who came out and searched the Splendor from top to bottom and then started the search and rescue over the water.
He said they sat there through the night in the salon, waiting to hear what happened.
He said "Once in a while, one of us would go to the bathroom. but there wasn't much conversation because the only possible subject was Natalie and nobody knew anything."
He said there weren't many possibilities, and one he didn't allow himself to contemplate. He said "Aft, there was one step down to the dinghy, the only way on or off the boat when you were at sea. This step, which we called the swim step, was near the water line and could be very slippery."

The dinghy (called the Valiant) was found at about 5:30 am in an isolate cove. "The key was in the off position, the gear was in neutral, and the oars were fastened to the side."
Two hours later, Wood's body was found. The red parka Windbreaker she was wearing helped her to be spotted.
Doug Bombard, the harbor master, got her out of the water.

Bombard pulled up to Wagner's boat on came on.
Wagner asked "Where is she?", and Bombard told him "She's dead, RJ."
Wagner said "My knees went out; everything went away from me."
He said a helicopter soon came and took them to the mainland.

He said he never saw Wood dead. "...not at the morgue, not at the funeral home. I wanted to remember her alive."
Walken stayed with Wagner in the days leading up to, and through, the funeral.

Wagner said "I've had several decades to think about what happened. My conclusion, as well as that of the people who were there and Frank Westmore, who wasn't there but knew the boat and knew Natalie, is this: while Walken and I were on the deck hashing out our argument, Natalie was in the master cabin and heard the dinghy banging against the side. She got up to retie it. She slipped on the swim step on the stern, hit the step on the way down, and was either stunned or knocked unconscious and rolled into the water. The loose dinghy floated away.
Some people said she was trying to get into the dinghy and drive away from the argument Chris and I were having, but she had gotten in and out of that dinghy a thousand times. She knew that getting in and out of the Valiant was very tricky in rough water because the swim step was slippery when it was wet. Even if the water was calm, one person usually held the line to keep the dinghy close to the Splendor while the other person hopped in. To do it in rough water in the dark was more than tricky, it was dangerous. Besides that, the state of the controls when they found the dinghy proved that she had never actually gotten into the boat.
Likewise, if she had hold of the dinghy's tether line, or if she was conscious while she was in the water, she would certainly have screamed or yelled and we would have heard her.
But it's all conjecture. Nobody knows. There are only two possibilities: either she was trying to get away from the argument, or she was trying to tie the dinghy. But the bottom line is that nobody knows exactly what happened."

Wagner said, "So many of the best times of my life had been spent on Catalina Island. It was always one of my favorite places on earth.
From the day Natalie died to this, I have never gone back."

Edited by regi, 13 March 2013 - 01:58 PM.

#34    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 2,818 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

View PostPamela Valemont, on 31 March 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

I am just now publishing a new book...

So will you be contributing to the discussion at all, or just advertising?  The link you provided to the allegedly free first 15 pages does not appear to do that at all - so before I report this to moderators would you care to explain how to access those 15 pages?

ADDED - Interestingly, a Preview button has now appeared - it wasn't there before...

For those interested/tempted, the 'e-book' appears to be a pile of info from Wikipedia, and a lot of images from the web - I do hope Ms Valemont has permission to use them in her commercial venture...  It then dives into numerology...

Ms Valemont - do you have any personal knowledge of this case, or are you simply applying numerology to stuff you have found on the web?  I can't help but notice you have also done this for Oscar Pistorius and the Bible...

And may I ask - did you write the Wikipedia article?

Edited by Chrlzs, 31 March 2013 - 12:44 PM.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users