Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 16 votes

sandy hook "exposed"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2905 replies to this topic

#1036    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:48 AM

Just to clarify here is the timestamps I am referring to.

#1037    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:02 AM

And then you add in this bit of lagislation and it looks very odd:

#1038    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,862 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostTiggs, on 10 April 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

A phone set to 12:37 in South Africa that thinks it's in South Africa looks a lot like a phone set to 12:37 in Texas that thinks it's in Texas, to the untrained eye.

Not to mention that both your Facebook and Twitter accounts also ask you to set up which Timezone you're in.

I've never had an issue of mistaking South Africa for Texas, and I do not understand how anyone would. The phones I've carried have always been set to the correct time, which they have managed to get on their own. I can not recollect a single time that I have manually had to set the time into my cell phone... Further, my iphone has never asked me for my location to set the time. By default, it automatically sets it to the proper timezone. I can't picture anyone turning off the automatic setting --- and then messing up the time on purpose.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#1039    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,862 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:45 AM

More like a mini IPad I suppose?

Looks like

So its not really the phone you carry on your person?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#1040    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:48 AM

The problem with that and the twitter post is twitter has an internal clock that timestamps the post off there own internal clock and not the clock of the user as I understand it. I imagine most websites use the same process as you are uploading information onto there servers for publication so the timestamps would come from there clock and not the clock on your system. Itleast thats how Ive interpreted it.

Edited by AsteroidX, 10 April 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#1041    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,523 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 10 April 2013 - 04:20 AM, said:

Trillion dollar wars, lies, bank bailouts by the tax payers, sandyhook would be nothing to pull off and pass off using the media and false info. Millions have died for far less of a lie.  

I say we take a closer look into the families today not then to see what the truth is and how far this goes.  For example the father with the so called cocadile tears, what is he up to. The medical examinier on sceen that appeared drunk, where is he and the so on.

http://digitaljourna.../article/343981

The fact that Obama was parading the 'families' around on Air Force 1 yesterday demonstrates the completely political nature of these events.  Custom made for advancing an agenda of gun control. :tu:

#1042    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,136 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostStellar, on 10 April 2013 - 11:43 AM, said:

I've never had an issue of mistaking South Africa for Texas, and I do not understand how anyone would. The phones I've carried have always been set to the correct time, which they have managed to get on their own. I can not recollect a single time that I have manually had to set the time into my cell phone... Further, my iphone has never asked me for my location to set the time. By default, it automatically sets it to the proper timezone. I can't picture anyone turning off the automatic setting --- and then messing up the time on purpose.

I'm happy to hear that you've had an optimal experience. For some of us, however, the world is somewhat less perfect than you have experienced.

Sometimes, Telecomms providers have issues with time servers.

Sometimes, even the mighty Apple iOS has the odd software bug.

Sometimes, people turn off automatic timezone because it sucks the phone's battery by constantly pinging the GPS to see which timezone you're currently in.

Which is great until you actually cross a timezone. At which point, if it's just for a trip, most people only update the time, because setting the whole timezone stuff is just extra effort that you're going to have to reset on your return trip anyway.

Sometimes, even turning timezone back to automatic won't fix your problem.

#1043    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Servers dont change timezones Tiggs and thats where the timestamps come from. Unless your text messaging your buddy.

http://www.mediabist...4609#more-14609

Edited by AsteroidX, 10 April 2013 - 03:01 PM.

#1044    Tiggs

Tiggs

Relax. It's only me.

• 9,136 posts

• Universe Service Pack 2 still needs patching.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 10 April 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

The problem with that and the twitter post is twitter has an internal clock that timestamps the post off there own internal clock and not the clock of the user as I understand it. I imagine most websites use the same process as you are uploading information onto there servers for publication so the timestamps would come from there clock and not the clock on your system. Itleast thats how Ive interpreted it.
Some do use the Server timestamp  as opposed to the client timestamp because client timestamps are unreliable.

GIven that the client timestamp is sent to Twitter - I'm not entirely sure that Twitter does use the server timestamp. That said - it does have an oauth encryption using the client timestamp which means that it's only likely to allow minor latitude in time from their server time.

Which tweet in particular are you referring to? If it's the tweet referring to a VIMEO video in your video above, then that's already been debunked.

#1045    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,369 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:52 PM

Psyche, yes I do read Tiggs' posts and he's the main reason I'm still on the fence. At this point I'm obviously not totally convinced by either side but I still think that most UM'ers have better manners than to get in the face of a bereaved parent, I don't think you can lump all CT'ers together any more than you can lump all OCT'ers together. I don't blame you at all for being enraged at the behavior of some who have been in the face of Gene Rosen and others, but on the other hand, do you really want to stifle free expression of ideas? Imo that would be getting into totalitarian territory.
Imo what the media has to do with it is that they have shown themselves to be biased at least and even possibly to have an agenda in the way they handle events such as Martin/Zimmerman affair and others. Newt Gingrich even got a standing ovation when he came down on them hard for their bias during the presidential candidate nominations. So I think people think, "what is really going on that they're (the MSM) not telling us?" And they want to get to the facts on their own, uncolored by bias.
I'm getting a bit confused at the whole time stamp debate, tbh I'm very ignorant when it comes to that sort of thing, so it kinda makes my head swim. However, I do know a girl who is really imo a genius with computers and I think I'll ask her what she thinks. Thanks for giving me the idea psyche.
Ciao for now.
Sorry, just one last thing. I still think one or two coincidences and I might not even be following this thread, but when they start to pile up like wrecks on the freeway, that's where I start looking at it slanty-eyed, and I think I'm not the only one.
edit for usual typos and clarity

Edited by Gummug, 10 April 2013 - 03:54 PM.

Posted Image

#1046    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for the link. I can follow that easy enough and it makes sense how the tweet about the video was cached to the old video. I knew about the video being replaced but was not aware of the tweet caching to the old version.. Good find.

The dates on the Vimeo and the tweet are the same as well so that adds much validity to your statement.

#1047    praetorian-legio XIII

praetorian-legio XIII

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

• Beer; Now there's a temporary solution.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostLikely Guy, on 10 April 2013 - 12:33 AM, said:

I have read all 65 pages and as near as I know, there was no mention of color coded badges. When you say, "...most people are in fact sporting them." Sporting what? Yellow color coded badges? Please clarify.

/(we don't need no stinkin' badges :)... sorry)

I still haven't found the FEMA list but no, not just yellow, but badges in general. My best guess would be about 8-10 different colors for a variety of participants.

#1048    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:54 PM

View Postpraetorian-legio XIII, on 10 April 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

I still haven't found the FEMA list but no, not just yellow, but badges in general. My best guess would be about 8-10 different colors for a variety of participants.

I also tried to find the FEMA colour-coding of badges, without success :no:

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#1049    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,523 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

I too remember the colored FEMA manual with the badge colors.  As I recall it was 5 or 6 different colors.

The funny thing was that 2 women walking and dressed as nuns were wearing them. :yes:

#1050    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

This ones more extensive then just badges regarding the manual but does include that portion as well: