Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Why do none of you want to be rich?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

This portion of the forum has over 50+ active psychics professing openly about their various powers, psi-balls, levitation, telekinsis.

You would think atleast one of you would want to share your gift so that you could help others like you (think professor X and the X-men) maybe get rich and start a school where the gifted and talented can go to hone their psi-ballz?

I know alot of psychics are very guarded and feel that they don't want to be exploited and experimented on, so they "feign" the inability to do these things when asked to demonstrate, but I can bet that covert govt ops are reviewing these forums and they will come for you whether you want them to or not.

So why not just zap a psiball up for letterman and get rich ?

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,465 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

its not just about the money, as soon as you start that and allow yourself to be exploited then you fall into the trap of saying whatever "they" want you to say...for money.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

i like to keep my "ballz" to myself.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#4    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

rofl notoverrated touche indeed.  I don't think I have seen you post about your powers?  Mine is to shoot various italian pasta from my fingers, an ability I learned from Dane Cook, I almost proved it on youtube, but alas, it was just a hang-nail and not a noodle sticking out from my finger....still working on it.

#5    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,887 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Because I already am!

Posted Image

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#6    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,715 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

Assuming for the moment that "psychic" abilities even exist...their range of use is rather limited to what is immediately around them and is rather useless on random acts.
Also the ridiculous garbage you see on X-Men is just that..ridiculous garbage...no one has EVER been able to anything even remotely close to what fantasy shows portray.

Any musty guru, monk or the like who claims they have is either outright lying or delusional..usually both.

#7    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:44 PM

Well sir, have you founded EaldWita Academy of Awesome Excellence for the SuperPsiPower Squad? I wish to attend and have you perfect my noodle strike.

#8    ouija ouija

ouija ouija

dimple

• 10,116 posts

• I never walk alone.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 15 January 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

I can bet that covert govt ops are reviewing these forums and they will come for you whether you want them to or not.

Posted Image

Life is all too much ............................................. and not enough.

It is only when you form your question precisely and accurately that you receive the true answer.

#9    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

It's not about money at all. It's about Service to Others, not Service to Self.

In my view, knowing that you have helped help a person in their utter most time of need should be 'reward' enough. If one is blessed with good health, has a roof over their head, and can provide food for one's family, then why not be charitable to one's fellow Human? One should never have to pay just for someone to listen and a lot of the time, that is what most people want: is for someone to listen to them.

We all walk on Earth's soil. Let us walk together more often.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#10    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

Excuses, excuses.

Posted Image

#11    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Asadora, I'm not questioning that you feel that way....but why is that the "company line" for all people with magic powers?  Seriously, have you all evolved to be super duper altruistic?  I guess it's possible.  But c'mon, surely there is atleast one Magneto amongst your number?

And couldn't you quite possibly help a much larger number of people if this super friends psychic community organized, became recognized and was allotted more resources to expand upon their power and reach for the good of humanity?

#12    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 15,640 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I am already one of the worlds richest people. Somewhere in the top 5%  and probably in the top 2 or 3%, in fact. And that is despite giving away a reasonable percentage of my income. I would love more money so that I could help more people but personal talents are the best and most direct way to help other people no matter how rich you are.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#13    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

I sure hope none of the 'psychics' on here branch into exploiting gullible people like the rest of them, there's enough of that business going on already.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#14    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

View PostMr Walker, on 16 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I am already one of the worlds richest people. Somewhere in the top 5%  and probably in the top 2 or 3%, in fact. And that is despite giving away a reasonable percentage of my income. I would love more money so that I could help more people but personal talents are the best and most direct way to help other people no matter how rich you are.

'Giz a lend, M8.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#15    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,448 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

I don't think it works that way, at least not for me.  I can't see what's not going to happen or didn't happen, sometimes I see past events.  Maybe I need to meditate then I could see winning lottery numbers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users