Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Why do none of you want to be rich?

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#31    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,412 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Maybe there are psychic people who just quietly play the stock market for money.  No one else knows of their ability.   The ultimate in insider trading.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#32    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 15 January 2013 - 10:44 PM, said:

Well sir, have you founded EaldWita Academy of Awesome Excellence for the SuperPsiPower Squad? I wish to attend and have you perfect my noodle strike.

Nope. No super powers - just good, old-fashioned luck - and a damned great big silver spoon up my butt when I was born!

Posted Image

Edited by ealdwita, 16 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#33    Ealdwita

Ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 5,275 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 16 January 2013 - 01:50 AM, said:

No wonder Mrs Ealdwita puts up with you ....*runs away*

Well, apart from dashing good looks, an impeccable sense of style and boundless accomplishments, I've very little else to offer a lady, I'm afraid!

Edited to add - 'and a profound modesty too!'

Edited by ealdwita, 16 January 2013 - 05:50 PM.

"Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnáwan þín gefá!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".
I can teach you with a quip, if I've a mind; I can trick you into learning with a laugh; Oh, winnow all my folly and you'll find, A grain or two of truth among the chaff!
(The Yeoman of the Guard ~ Gilbert and Sullivan)

#34    blind pew

blind pew

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 16 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I am already one of the worlds richest people. Somewhere in the top 5%  and probably in the top 2 or 3%, in fact. And that is despite giving away a reasonable percentage of my income. I would love more money so that I could help more people but personal talents are the best and most direct way to help other people no matter how rich you are.
Can I have some please?

#35    Shadow_Masta

Shadow_Masta

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

While one would be able to use the power of ones mind to ATTRACT money into their lives, like I have done, I personally would not want to have my abilities exploited, as it were, in order to produce it. But thats just me.

#36    CakeOrDeath

CakeOrDeath

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 356 posts

• The Proof is in the "peeas nuhhh burder"

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Asodora, I don't believe in the x-men or read comics these days, but lots of matter-o-fact posts in this section might was well come right from Professor X's halls.  I am just asking that instead of sitting around talking to one and other about psi-weapon generation, levitation, object manipulation etc etc....why not share it with the rest of the world.  Imagine what some super well trained and possibly "augmented" through research, telekinetics could do to assist with say....search and rescue mission in earthquakes etc.

Surely there would be tons of real world applications that could massively benefit society as a whole if even a few of you came forward and lent your skills to the world instead of just making psi-ballz in your room and talking about it on forums?

What time is it? "peeas nuh burder" and Jelly time!

#37    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

• 4,199 posts

• Hi! :-)

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostMr Walker, on 16 January 2013 - 12:18 AM, said:

I am already one of the worlds richest people. Somewhere in the top 5%  and probably in the top 2 or 3%, in fact. And that is despite giving away a reasonable percentage of my income. I would love more money so that I could help more people but personal talents are the best and most direct way to help other people no matter how rich you are.

I am in the low income bracket you can help me out If you want. I will pay tithes with your donations. :D:D

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#38    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 19,354 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

View Postg00dfella, on 16 January 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Exactly...but your probably not even in the top 100 richest, let alone one of the richest

I dont think anyone in australia is among the worlds top 100 wealthiest people But i am still wealthier in material terms than 97 % of the worlds population That makes me constantly aware of how lucky and privileged I am. At the same conference the demographer professor pointed out that the ultra rich mostly live together in enclaves in certain parts of the world. Sort of ghettos for the  very rich. According to forbes magazine there are 1062 billionaires in the world There is one malaysian bloke who claims to have 5 trillion euros in bank accounts but that is unconfirmed MAkes my family, whose richest members are only worth about 5 million, look pitiful, really.

Edited by Mr Walker, 16 January 2013 - 10:59 PM.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#39    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 361 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

I believe your truly gifted psychics are altruistic by nature, so the tendency towards amassing material wealth is not a priority. Some insist on keeping a low profile & will rarely announce or advertise their gifts outright. Most become known simply by word of mouth through family, friends and close associates. Some may even find themselves drawn unexpectedly to certain people, places or situations where clarification or confirmation is needed, thus giving willingly and freely of themselves once again.

Some however, depending upon their religious/spiritual beliefs, cultural background, geographical location or financial situation, will accept donations and/or gifts from those who solicit their services. A few will also find that when one's intentions are boarded on greed, their abilities may start to lack in accuracy or eventually dissipate altogether.  Most are content just knowing that their sought out gifts are helping to make a difference in an individuals life, and for them, this is happiness.

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#40    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 2,208 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

If it could have been done, it would have been done. If it hasn't been done then it can't be done.

It's that simple.

Don't try and tell me all the true psychics or whatever are all honest people with no greed.

Posted Image

#41    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostCakeOrDeath, on 16 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Asodora, I don't believe in the x-men or read comics these days, but lots of matter-o-fact posts in this section might was well come right from Professor X's halls.  I am just asking that instead of sitting around talking to one and other about psi-weapon generation, levitation, object manipulation etc etc....why not share it with the rest of the world.  Imagine what some super well trained and possibly "augmented" through research, telekinetics could do to assist with say....search and rescue mission in earthquakes etc.

Surely there would be tons of real world applications that could massively benefit society as a whole if even a few of you came forward and lent your skills to the world instead of just making psi-ballz in your room and talking about it on forums?

Hi. I wasn't sure if you were addressing me, or someone else named Asadora.

I will only say that I found your remarks quite austerulous. So, I shan't go any further with this.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#42    NiteMarcher

NiteMarcher

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 361 posts

• Until We Meet Again--Peace, Health & Wealth to You

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostTimonthy, on 17 January 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

If it could have been done, it would have been done. If it hasn't been done then it can't be done.

It's that simple.

Don't try and tell me all the true psychics or whatever are all honest people with no greed.

"If it could have been done, it would have been done. If it hasn't been done then it can't be done.  It's that simple."

Do you normally just fly over what you've read or do you actually comprehend what you're reading? Your rambling off makes completely no sense to me at all.

"Don't try and tell me all the true psychics or whatever are all honest people with no greed."

Your most gifted and altruistic one's are few in number and quite hard to come by. By the way, you don't have to swallow anything I'm saying--
-- you just need to learn to take things lightly & not let it eat you all up!

Believe what you want and I'll believe whatever I want...it's an open field, and
everyone is given a chance at making a home run...

#43    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,789 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

View Postfreetoroam, on 15 January 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

its not just about the money, as soon as you start that and allow yourself to be exploited then you fall into the trap of saying whatever "they" want you to say...for money.
Not to mention all the gold diggers and money hungry people who you havent seen in years pop up like you owe them something.

#44    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,352 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

Very strange logic being applied here...

So, just to get this straight in my head - you guys are saying that your personal abilities must be kept to yourselves and your own chosen 'recipients'.  That you deliberately won't enlighten / educate the rest of the world, despite the fact that if these powers could be revealed / unleashed by all those who probably have them BUT who do not ever come to realise it BECAUSE you won't allow your claimed powers to be proven, tested, demonstrated, studied (and then passed on and developed by education).  Surely then they could be utilised by humanity to make a much better world..

But no, you guys don't want that.

Yep, that's the ticket - I think I get it now...

I'm sorta glad I don't have the powers - I don't really want to have that attitude.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#45    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 10,346 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostThe Unseen, on 17 January 2013 - 09:55 AM, said:

Not to mention all the gold diggers and money hungry people who you havent seen in years pop up like you owe them something.
haha, i would remind them why I never kept in contact with them in the first place after all these years. :whistle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users