Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Coast to Coast AM Channel

coast to coast am radio broadcast george noory

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    Winterwind

Winterwind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

I have some fond memories of Coast to Coast AM. Back in the late 90s Art Bell got me through many an overnight shift where I'd have gone out of my mind with boredom otherwise.

I haven't listened since he left.

Issue 19 of the Winterwind Papers now online
- http://www.winterwind-productions.com
- Nationalism, brotherhood, 'pop' culture and puppy love

#17    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

• interfacing transdimentional inverse mobius feed back loop

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

it  is  not  who  is  at  the  helm ,  its   where  the  ship  is  going .

art  bell  did  not  have a call  screener ,  if  the  phone  rang ,  you  were  in  line ,  if  he  picked  up  ,  you  were  on  the  air .
...if  you  said  something  stupid ,  you  were  gone  befor  any  one  heard  anything .

art  did  not  do  authors with  new  books  out ...   he  didn't  do  the  flavior  of  the   news  cycle .

the  current  coast2coast   is   going  heads  up  with  the  tonight  show   and  david  letterman ...  and  coast2coast  is  beating  them  for  market  share   only  because   television   is  going  into  the  tank .  

if  a " am  long  format  radio"   show   challanged  the  current  coast2coast  with  exclusive  paranormal / ufo/ frindge ....  geared  to  the   18 to  35  over night   listener....    i  suspect  they  could  do  serious  damage  to  coast2coasts  market  share  .

more  to  the  point ,    if  a john  tetter (  time  traveler )  needed  to  get  out ,  he  would  not  go  to  coast2coast .
if  you  had  serious  frindge  material...   coast2coast  is  not  open  to  "dangerious  subjects"  that   might  challange  their  ratings...   john  b wells  has a  wide  band  width of  intrests  , george noory  has  a compfort  zone   that   is  medical   and  diet ,  but  well  inside   practical   and  safe .

art  bell  was  a  police 911 operator  ...  he  knew  how  to  get  a  person   who  was  not  thinking  clearly  to  give  information   clearly  and  in  a timely  way .   art  bell  was  a  radio  ham ,  he  knew  his  equipment ,  and  ran  his  own  board  op .
...and  frankly  speaking ,   art  bell  was  a  hard edged  ,  direct desert rat ...   he  did  the  a  show  that  he  would  like  ,  and  if  other  people  liked  it...   that  worked  too.

the  current  crew  at  coast2coast  are  not  nearly  as  tough ,  no  where  near  as  capable ...  but   the  simple  truth  is...   its  just a silly  radio  show .

it  was  more  than  just  a silly  radio  show  to  art bell .  for  art  is  was  a  way  to  talk  to  intresting  people  and  talk  about  stuff   to  total  strangers...  and  maybe  pay  a  few  bills ...  it  was  a life  style  to  art .

let  there  be  no  missunderstanding  in  my comments .  george  noory  does   something  that  nearly  no  one  on  the  planet  can  do   as well ,  coast2coast   is  beating  the  krap  out  of   tonightshow  and  david letterman...   it  is  second  only  to  rush  limbaugh  ....   and   rush  is   a daylight  and  prime time  ,  largest  in  the  world  audance .

in  10  years   ,  coast2coast  has  not  made  any  misstakes ,  and  very  likly  will  be  the  largest   audance show  on  the  planet  if   current  trends  continue .

go.

#18    Mutagenic

Mutagenic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Well he has pretty much hit a niche when it comes to a market share in audience, all though it comes at a price.

Information starts to come in scrambled on a regular basis, and yes i agree geroge noory and the rest seem to be slacking on the upkeep. Only 2 years ago I would say it was 10 times better in quality regarding actual information backed up with evidence, but has sadly been diluted ever since.

Also after 21.12.2012 the subject matter doesn't seem to pertain to the more relevant and current issues.

:cry:

#19    sslama

sslama

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

• Say what you mean and mean what you say....that way I know who you are and what you stand for!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

I like Coast to Coast and missed Art Bell but I got used to George Noory and like him now.  Some of the shows are a bit over the top but for most part it's interesting.....

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

#20    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

please  do  not  missunderstand  ,  i  like  george .  what  i  do  not  need  is  another  ccurrent  events  show .   they  are  all  current  event  shows...   if  i  want  current  events  ,  i  do  a  google  search .   i  do  not  need  another  foot  ball  score  or  a  ap wire  service  reader ...   i  can  laundry  my  own  brain  ,  if  that  is  what  i  wanteed.  i  do  not  need  spin  dry  and   glass  case  news ,  i  want  perter  davenport   reporting  on  the  lastest  ufo sightings  ,   linda  M  howe   reporting on  frindge  ,  and   callers   r4eporting  stuff  that  main  stream  news  agencys   can't   vet,  so  never  makes   the  wire  service .

frankly  speaking ,  coast2coast  is  a  unfiltered  ,  un-vetted  ,   over  the  backyard  fense   news  sourse...

i  do  not  need  another  food  channelo  ,  sports  channel  or   diet  network...    i  do  not  want  cars  ,  dateing   and  personal  intrest  storys ....i  do  not  care   what   tom  cruse  love  life   is  like or   what  is  happening   to  the  latest  political  scandal ...
i  want   ufo's  ,  channeling  ,  ghosts   and  time  travelers....   robots   ,  computers  , submarines ,  space ships  spys  , spooks  ,  and  special forces ....   wired  , weird ,  whadda hell   and  frindge  ...

i  can  hear   the  politicaly  correct ,  spin  dried  and  fact checked ,  screened   and  spell  checked  , news  out  of  the  new york  times social  engineering   lab   ....  from  every  radio  station   , every newspaper  ,  and every internet  news  web  sites  ...   and  i  will  hear   the  very  same  storys  from  each  and  every  one....    like  a copy  and  paste  machine...

coast2coast   is   out  side  the  post it  notes   network of  news  for  the  mindless...

george  does  a good  job  of  staying  out  side  the   new york  times   sensorship   network ...  and  that   is  what  gives  this  single  show   its  following...

#21    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Personally, I have gotten used to Mr. Noorey, though I prefer Mr. Bell; however, John B Wells is more comparable in some respects to Mr. Bell than Mr. Noorey can be compared. The recent shows tend to be more like 'fillers' than anything that can actually make one consider the subject matter with an open mind. Mr. Bell would have an Area 51 employees lines segment, which I always found to be -the- most entertaining and the Time Traveler (John Titor) coming a close second. (Let me make this clear: The -idea- of a Time Traveler is what I found the most inspiring. Not the actual person claiming to be a Time Traveler. John Titor was a hoax. The -idea- though, pretty cool.)

Some subject matter and interviewees that have been on C2CAM in recent years have left a bad tone in my ears, such as the 'Zetatalk' lady. I have a very flexible mind and realise that there is always a possibility as with there is always a reason; however, when it comes to 'Zetatalk' I just find that whole subject hokum. But if the 'Zetatalk' lady truly believes, then she is simply spreading her truth, that I do give kudos too.

I will agree that the quality of C2CAM has been lacking since Mr. Bell left; however, having what C2CAM is now, it is better than absolutely nothing at all.

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#22    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostMutagenic, on 16 January 2013 - 02:59 AM, said:

Anyone listened to the broadcast called ''Liberation of the Planet'' aired on 8th January 2013? I personally can't grasp at the potential disinfo and may i say utter poop that the guests were swearing by. Only vague remarks to say 'Oh but did you realize that this was a direct response to(for what ever event happened)'. Never the less I could be totally wrong, also if even 1% of what they stand by is even remotely true can have earth shattering effects!

Oh and if your interested to listen to the super super secretive code named Cobra here is the link: https://www.youtube....h?v=LTy9M9rUYgI

John B Wells was hosting that night and he did a very good job. He pretty much bagged a snake that night. I really enjoyed the outcome of that show. :)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#23    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

zata  was  totaly  lame...   agreed...   and  bell  would  have  gone  to  open  lines  and  had  us  ffast  fried   and  ccoked   to  a golden    (  tastes  just  like  chicken)  brown ... as  to  john tittor  i  do  not  beleive  he  said  he  was  a time  traveler...   o  beleive  he  said  he  was  slipping  between  dimensions...   and  i  think  the  jury  is  still  out  as  to  it  being  a hoax

#24    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

as  far  as  time  travel....  future  going  time  travel  is  simple  in  the  comical easy  class  of   things  to  do ...
sending   data  into  the  past  is  (  nearly  imposable  )  kinda hard  but  not  dangerious .  effecting  the  past  is  dangerious   in  the   the  extreme ,  but  not  extremely  hard  ...   sending  awareness   into  the  past  is  hard  but  slightly less   dangerious  than  driving  a car  at  60  mph  into  a brick  wall ...

#25    onereaderone

onereaderone

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

and   quite  honestly  ,  seeing   time  travelers   going  into  the  past  is  not  hard  once  you  know  what  to  look  for...   recognising   a  past  going  time  traveler  is  harder  to  do  than  understand ...  

and  once  you  define  the  words  you  use   so  they  reflect  actual  reality...   its  not  as  hard  as  you  might  think.

#26    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postonereaderone, on 24 January 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

zata  was  totaly  lame...   agreed...   and  bell  would  have  gone  to  open  lines  and  had  us  ffast  fried   and  ccoked   to  a golden (  tastes  just  like  chicken)  brown ... as  to  john tittor  i  do  not  beleive  he  said  he  was  a time  traveler...   o  beleive  he  said  he  was  slipping  between  dimensions...   and  i  think  the  jury  is  still  out  as  to  it  being  a hoax

Well, it seems that the story of Mr. Titor, http://vimeo.com/30648701 is 'based on a true story'. But, even told in a fantastical way, I'm still dubious.

#27    Mutagenic

Mutagenic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Well this is great peeps we are actually conversing a debate and some critical thinking! lets keep it up! :clap:

#28    ~ MacDDT ~

~ MacDDT ~

___~ ΚΕΦΑΛΗΞΘ ~___

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

• I hope that I'm reincarnated as a bug because I know where I will find a good meal

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Everyone I knew couldn't wait to hear the "Ghost To Ghost" Halloween show but the past few years it has been painful to listen to, actually to the fact of giving up hope of Coast ever being good as it once was. I'm glad that there are newer listeners that discovered the show. it just proves that there will always be a market for this

"It’s funny how the colours of the real world only seem really real when you viddy them on the screen." Alex - Anthony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange

#29    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,273 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

thanks for this thread Mutagenic......I love C2C....although I have only heard  interviews/extracts on YouTube.

wow... so many interesting looking videos to choose from...

excellent...cheers

:tsu:

#30    Mutagenic

Mutagenic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postbee, on 01 February 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

thanks for this thread Mutagenic......I love C2C....although I have only heard  interviews/extracts on YouTube.

wow... so many interesting looking videos to choose from...

excellent...cheers

:tsu:

No problem at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users